Deleted

Finally turn to Warlock.

Finally decided to give Warlocks a go after playing on and off since Vanilla and played every other class. Seeing as they look amazing in the Challenge gear and the new green fire spells it was time for me to get the SoR lvl 80 lock.

Just a few questions that I am hoping people can help with.

1. What is the most efficient spec to level in?
    2. What addons are a must for Warlocks?

Affliction is the best choice for leveling once you get the Soulburn and Soul Swap abilities. Simply because it allows you to dot via Soulburn: Soulswap onto multiple targets in just a few seconds. Also your pet (voidwalker) will NEVER die if you use a Soulburn: health Funnel.

Addons that track dot timers are a must.

skada (to see how fucking awesome you are)
    weakauras (for dotz, debuffs, schields)
    rest is pretty optional i guess, i got a 2nd tracker for dots (that are not on my target) and rest is to make the ui look nicer

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    i prefer demo with glyph of demon hunting for leveling

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ultrachronic View Post
    Finally decided to give Warlocks a go after playing on and off since Vanilla and played every other class. Seeing as they look amazing in the Challenge gear and the new green fire spells it was time for me to get the SoR lvl 80 lock.

Just a few questions that I am hoping people can help with.

1. What is the most efficient spec to level in?
    2. What addons are a must for Warlocks?
    Turn back. Too many warlocks.
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

With a voidwalker/lord, spec doesn't matter too much. Play all three and see if you prefer one playstyle over another. I leveled purely as demo because affliction wasn't worth it prior to soulburn/soul swap, and it was so easy that even once I had those abilities I didn't find any reason to switch (and imp army felt powerful). Now that I'm 90, I'm toying around with destro (all the green fire talk finally got to me) and it would have worked for leveling just as well. Heck, with the voidlord I'm not sure you're needed at all...

Deleted
    There you go, I would recommend destruction! But it's purely up to which gameplay you like more.

Single target killing is vey fast with Conflagrate, chaos bolt & awesome finisher shadowburn.
    Havoc for spellcleaving.
    Hellfire & fire & brimstome for AOE fest.

NB: I used a voidwalker tank in very very rare situations otherwise no pet.
    Played well a destruction warlock is nearly indestructible ;_)

Destruction is a great spec for pvp also if you are on a pvp server, except against warriors where affli is probably better with instant casting.
    Last edited by mmoca123b20796; 2013-03-09 at 08:57 PM.

Deleted
    I'm level 67 with my warlock but it's safe to say Demo is the fastest up until now. Apparently Affliction is better once you reach Soulswap and Cataclysm level mobs, but while you are at the OP level i'd say demo. It's utterly ridiculous leveling and i've leveled every class but a paladin. Corruption on all, Hand of guldan, felstorm if it's off cd, go demon form, knockback, harvest life or hellfire. Sounds alot but i kill any sized group in 10 seconds if that. i've have affliction also but it's not worth it yet.'

Go demo and never look back .