Deleted

Arms: Haste or Mastery?

I'm sorry if this has been covered, but I'm seeing conflicting information everywhere. Can anyone confirm which stat takes priority in 5.2?

I had a long chat with Collision, which I'm sure most people around here know about. We were able to confirm that Mastery is indeed the superior stat for the time being.

In the future Haste may overtake Mastery, but for now, you're better off sticking with Crit > Mastery > Haste.

15+ Year Old Account
    After seeing Collision make some highly questionable claims in this thread and then vacate the thread entirely rather than defend or explain those claims when several people called him on it I'm not very inclined to take what he says at face value.

Mastery is better than haste until you have a bunch of RPPM procs. Everyone claiming otherwise is misappropriating a post from before PTR changes were even finished, with an Arms sim that hadn't been optimized, that was using best in slot T15 heroic gear. It's completely irrelevant for months.

Currently for me crit=0,56 haste=0,37 mastery=0,42 with 504 ilvl latest simcraft and a little optimized actionlist. I can see haste overtaking mastery with the new trinkets and metagem.

Deleted
    I'm guessing their stat weights are off, but any idea why Mr Robot would be telling me to gem strength over crit?

Quote Originally Posted by Jenks86 View Post
    I'm guessing their stat weights are off, but any idea why Mr Robot would be telling me to gem strength over crit?
    I'm guessing the stat weights MR robot uses are off

Deleted
    who know what is yet better Master > Haste or Haste > Mastery

when you look at method Mastery > Haste
    Last edited by mmocd09a1cc177; 2013-03-18 at 03:56 PM.

My assumptions on this is Mastery will beat Haste in overall dps value until you can utilize Haste more with RPPM trinkets and the legendary meta, which I wouldn't start going all out haste till you have at least two, if not all three and maybe 2piece tier.

Deleted
    Currently for me haste and mastery are like 0.05 apart from each other, with mastery pulling slightly ahead.
    I imagine haste overtaking mastery in the near future, after getting a hold of a RPPM trinket or two and/or the legendary meta.
    Last edited by mmoce213c955fb; 2013-03-19 at 09:06 AM.

When I was last playing simcraft had my haste being better than mastery, and ive seen haste be buffed but not mastery. Have I missed a mastery buff?
    Since 5.0?

Opperunity strikes have a 10% chance to proc sudden death since 5.2 Besides the whole spec has been turned upside down with the tasteforblood, slam & OP changes.
    Last edited by bigbad; 2013-03-19 at 10:04 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
    After seeing Collision make some highly questionable claims in this thread and then vacate the thread entirely rather than defend or explain those claims when several people called him on it I'm not very inclined to take what he says at face value.
    >_>

I honestly don't check the MMO-C forums enough to keep up with that type of debate. Especially when all the dude has to do is comment out that specific line in simcraft, to see that it's a dps loss to remove it. Plus, my action list has been implemented into the default simcraft action list:

http://simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html#player25

(Check Profile)

I replied to that thread, and I hope it explains everything.