Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    We could do it like the Premier League. Lower quality posters get relegated to the sub forum. The best sub forum posters get promoted to the big board.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 01:42 AM ----------

Seriously the problem with sub forums is that you have one contingent who equate "general off topic" with "being funny / poop jokes", and that group decides that anything not funny / not poop should get redirected elsewhere so they don't have to see it. Then you have other people who think "general off topic" means "general off topic" which includes other things like current events, deep thoughts, relationship advice, etc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I've never actually checked if mmo-champ had a cooking sub-forum...
    Cooking sounds like a good choice. Would love a quick reference for some new recipes. Maybe learn some quick, cheap meals to get away from work food.
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    A lore forum with rp being a sub forum of it. Long overdue.
    amen! I was looking at the story forum on battle.net, checked MMO-C to see if there was anything to discuss about lore and such, but there wasn't! Would really love a sub-forum about lore and story!

I'd like some of those sub-forums to be removed tbh like the Minecraft sub-forum. I mean, it has 450~ lousy threads with only like 3 active threads daily! Change it into a megathread and move one of the megathreads (idk which) to a gaming sub-forum.

I'd love a section for table-top war games. Dota 2 would be nice too

A version of Off-Topic with objective moderation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    We could do it like the Premier League. Lower quality posters get relegated to the sub forum. The best sub forum posters get promoted to the big board.
    Then we could have a posting CHAMPIONSHIP. Yesssss. This is the best idea.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

Deleted
    Traditional, non video games. This would include things such as D&D, Warhammer, poker etc......

10+ Year Old Account
    on the subject of subforums i think the video games section needs its own megathread forum. all the megathreads on there basically crowd out any of the other topics and you end up with only 1-3 non megathread topics and the rest are all megathreads. so if your question isnt about those games and it falls off the first page without any sort of response good luck getting an answer.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    An advice forum. "What do I do about this girl I can't talk to" all the way to "I feel depressed. What is wrong with me" which both seem to be the most common form of "advice" topics people create.

Then again, making a forum specifically for advice is almost inviting those threads, which is a bad idea, because who knows if the person responding to give the OP advice is a doctor or a serial killer. >.> Maybe you could make an advice forum and have the whole thing locked with one sticky that says, "Go see a professional you nitwits!"
    Pokemon FC: 5112-3501-2407 Trainer: Oli FS: Viscoe - Farfetch'd/Hoothoot/Rufflet - Currently Full, DO NOT ADD
    Secondary 3DS: 3668-8923-2263 FS: Slider - Phanpy/Camerupt/Diggersby

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    A forum where you can do and say anything you want without being warned or infracted. Imagine the arguments!
    This would be my answer as well. An uncivil forum. I'd love to see what some of the folks here have to say about some of the off-limits topics.

torn between relationship forum (for me to avoid those topics) or lore forum (for me to discuss WoW lore)
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

Deleted
    a place where memes isn't a thing..
    i'm tired of being flagged as a troll just because i don't spent 24hours on facebook or whatever and doesn't know the newest meme!..
    that or.
    a forum where you were wouldn't get banned for saying you own (perhaps) harsh opinion about others music, culture, country, games or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthwings View Post
    A forum where you can do and say anything you want without being warned or infracted. Imagine the arguments!

Basically reddit
    That's not a bad idea. We would actually be allowed to argue over religion, politics, and other taboo subjects. I always feel the few conversations that are getting somewhere are locked prematurely.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Having the authority to do a thing doesn't make it just, moral, or even correct.

A subforum subforum, where users can make subforums instead of threads and are automatically moderators of said subforums so they can see how much work it is to manage an internet full of...internet people.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Manakin View Post
    I've never actually checked if mmo-champ had a cooking sub-forum...
    Yes! Cooking forum, do want!

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    torn between relationship forum (for me to avoid those topics)
    Or you can just stop clicking on threads which sound like relationship advice/stories/whatevers.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd agree to a cooking forum but just as a note, a few people saying they want one wont get one. If lots of cooking/food related threads were to suddenly be made, last a long time and be active, then you might see one but right now there is so few that gen OT is fine.

My choice would be cooking too