Deleted

How is WW doing in PVE?

Title sums it up pretty much.

I was thinking of rerolling and I was wondering how is the WW doing in PvE for patch 5.2? I leveled a monk to level 56 a few months ago (I think by December of last year) but my suscription ended so I stopped playing, now a few days ago I resubbed and I was interested to know how is the spec doing on PvE.

They are doing fine, some new abilities and some buffs and few nerfs. But i think the more important question is do you enjoy playing the monk, if yes resub, if not don't resub

Deleted
    Well I actually resubbed already and also it would be hard to know if I like it or not if I wasn't subbing at first place :P

But yeah I enjoyed what I saw during the amount of leveling I did (currently level 56 as I said) but the only thing I didn't like is that it felt like damage was so plane, so maybe they have changed that or it gets better after hitting level 90 so that's pretty much why I'm posting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Well I actually resubbed already and also it would be hard to know if I like it or not if I wasn't subbing at first place :P

But yeah I enjoyed what I saw during the amount of leveling I did (currently level 56 as I said) but the only thing I didn't like is that it felt like damage was so plane, so maybe they have changed that or it gets better after hitting level 90 so that's pretty much why I'm posting.
    So you are going from Ret to WW is that right? Seems as a lot of Rets took the change over to WW they play nearly identical the big difference being a better implantation on resources. Chi/Energy have better synergy than Mana(not used)/Holy Power(bad development).

We compare on a damage medium the same, Ret will burst high out of the gates so on low time fights a Ret will always be in top 5. WW on the other hand you will never be in the top 5 on a burst since we have no burst cd's but you will over the course of a fight end up in the same area.

5.2 was discouraging more nerfs than needed imo and all around a trinket that some people might never see. I think they need to adjust some values but I had to deal with balancing as Ret and it was never right so i'm use to it.

Mobility WW is just loaded with it that is what I enjoy most about the class is the mobility.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Deleted
    Yeah you summed it up pretty much. I love Ret but he's right now not in his best position and WW plays really similar so that's why I may reroll to WW.

So Blizzard actually nerfed him? I heard they were actually buffing him, that's quite the contrary of what they said lol

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Holymorph View Post
    Yeah you summed it up pretty much. I love Ret but he's right now not in his best position and WW plays really similar so that's why I may reroll to WW.

So Blizzard actually nerfed him? I heard they were actually buffing him, that's quite the contrary of what they said lol
    My Ret and WW are very comparable DPS monk better at movement and ae where ret is superior to single target low time.
    Can you imagine if someone insulted you in a thread, you reported it, and I told you "sorry, wrong thread to be butthurt"?

Can anyone confirm the stat priority is now Agility > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (7.5%) > Crit > Mastery > Haste as Noxxic claims? I'm worried about energy regen (even though I have Ascension) and basic fun-to-play reforging all that haste away. And is Dual Wield still better than 2h? Thanks.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    Can anyone confirm the stat priority is now Agility > Melee Hit (7.5%) > Expertise (7.5%) > Crit > Mastery > Haste as Noxxic claims? I'm worried about energy regen (even though I have Ascension) and basic fun-to-play reforging all that haste away. And is Dual Wield still better than 2h? Thanks.
    Still need to get your haste up first, Mastery won't be all that until you have an RoR I've learned live is nowhere near simcraft at least right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Elrandir View Post
    Probably after you hit around 5500-6500 haste rating.

Well enough that they had to hotfix in a nerf...

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    They hotfixed in a nerf based on assuming their mechanics are working correctly. Unfortunately, Chi Wave is not bouncing correctly in raids. The nerfed was based on simulations of a broken mechanic, and has nothing to do with reality.

The hotfix was in before the server go live......
    To OP: WW monk are nerf but not much. In higher ilvl is probably will work out to be a buff, but you have to remember lots of spec got massive buffs.

Deleted
    I enjoy the Monk a lot more than my Ret or Hunter, just for the mobility and the cool things you can do, like Touch of Karma, Zen Med, Flying Serpent Kick, and 'Storm Earth and Fire'. Just feels more flexible.

Quote Originally Posted by Moncoko View Post
    They hotfixed in a nerf based on assuming their mechanics are working correctly. Unfortunately, Chi Wave is not bouncing correctly in raids. The nerfed was based on simulations of a broken mechanic, and has nothing to do with reality.
    Are you really telling me that Chi Wave was the reason for WW being too high? And that they shouldn't fix Chi Wave and keep the hotfix?

Deleted
    Are you really telling me that Chi Wave was the reason for WW being too high? And that they shouldn't fix Chi Wave and keep the hotfix?
    L30 talents being used in our rotation was what they wanted, but it ended up being too high damage. It's often cited as one of the reasons for the nerf.