Deleted

I'm struggling with WW Monk in PvP - please help.

Hello fellow Azerothians,

I have just capped my female gnome monk for arena for this upcoming season as I hear they are going to be strong and I am only good at playing strong classes. However I am having a very hard time playing Windwalker as I am struggling to find out what spells should be used in what situations and am unsure of the correct glyphs and stat priority etc, this is because I have played hunter for a few years and it has destroyed my mind. Any advice on playing WW in pvp would be appreciated as one day I want to be good enough to beat Swifty in a duel.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Mazraa View Post
    Hello fellow Azerothians,

I have just capped my female gnome monk for arena for this upcoming season as I hear they are going to be strong and I am only good at playing strong classes. However I am having a very hard time playing Windwalker as I am struggling to find out what spells should be used in what situations and am unsure of the correct glyphs and stat priority etc, this is because I have played hunter for a few years and it has destroyed my mind. Any advice on playing WW in pvp would be appreciated as one day I want to be good enough to beat Swifty in a duel.

Thanks
    meh a 7/10 troll

GL with your WW monk. I hope some day you become good enough to beat a 9 digit-ed man at a keyboard driven video game. In the meantime try skillcapped if you're serious.

Deleted
    Do you have any other good advice other then go to 'skill-capped'? I think you know less about windwalker monks then me.

I can help if you have specific questions, PvP Windwalker is my main wow attraction right now.

I can't really type up how to WW as a guide for you but there are resources a google search would bring up. Mainly I gem a mix of PvP power and Resilience (Vivid gems) and prefer Crit because it affects my heals as well as damage. Your biggest hits are Rising Sun Kick and Fists of Fury, so if you are looking to kill a healer pop your Tiger Eye and use RSK, FoF, RSK for some good damage. Nimble brew and Ring of Peace are both amazing new abilities we got this patch, so use them well. Nimble does not share cooldown with PvP Trinket.

I personally Glyph Touch of Karma, Sparring, and Paralyse. The only one not really mandatory there is Sparring but I just like the deflecting crucial spells too much. Good alternatives would be Touch of Death (if you have pvp 4 set) or Transcendence.

Basically your defensive cooldown use and proper CC is the key to windwalking successfully.

Deleted
    Thanks for the advice ^ Even little tips like that really help me out

Mazraa, just a heads up but you will never beat Swifty this season.

Why you might ask...because warriors hard counter monks.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Mazraa, just a heads up but you will never beat Swifty this season.

Why you might ask...because warriors hard counter monks.
    This is actually not even close to true, unless you are thinking of patch 5.1 not 5.2. The reverse is actually more true. Nimble brew can cancel charge or shockwave or fear, and they frequently follow each other so both get clipped, then you have trinket for the next one. Disarm doesn't really disadvantage monks so you will not have a problem from his, though yours will stop his burst, and you can follow that with a Ring of Peace, either to stop his offensive cooldowns OR defensives because Die By The Sword doesn't give parry chance if you are disarmed.

Combine that with Touch of Karma on Bladestorm, or if he is dumb enough to pop all offensives at once, and DPS warriors are probably one of the easiest things to beat as monk, after patch 5.2.

Yeah, Warriors are pretty easy on my Monk. The only people I really have problems with now are good Shadow Priests and Hunters. Anyone else I either beat or feel I made a decent dent in, just can't touch Hunters at all though.

OT: Squid has pretty much covered everything. If you've played a melee class before they really aren't that hard to get a feel for.
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-03-11 at 12:09 AM.

Basically this. I have been messing around with WW PVP, and I feel pretty strong against other melee.
    "I know your $14.99 entitles you to play the game your way, but the rest of the raid's $359.76 says know your role." ~ WoWHead

Deleted
    Basically this. I have been messing around with WW PVP, and I feel pretty strong against other melee.

i mean rly?