Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Sealed Tome question.

Once you use the book, is it possible to get more books from the rares?

Deleted
    i think so, yes

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you want another one? Aren't they soulbound?
    "Do you think man will ever walk on the sun? -Ali G

Quote Originally Posted by Seezer View Post
    Why would you want another one? Aren't they soulbound?
    To sell I assume. There's one on my server's AH for 600k atm.

Yes you can. After I got him, I got another one the next day and gave it to my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by Netherspark View Post
    To sell I assume. There's one on my server's AH for 600k atm.
    600k wow, i sold 2 for 3k each, other on my server are on 15k,35k amd 200k

i figured 3k was a fair number.
    Be feared, or be fuel

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Junblat View Post
    600k wow, i sold 2 for 3k each, other on my server are on 15k,35k amd 200k

i figured 3k was a fair number.
    Damn. I can't believe people are getting more than one. People have been farming like mad for just one. This is a horrible implementation of something alot of ppl have been asking for for years. I really wonder what the hell blizz is thinking on this. I'm sure it has something to do with ppl keeping on playing and farming.

Deleted
    Damn. I can't believe people are getting more than one. People have been farming like mad for just one. This is a horrible implementation of something alot of ppl have been asking for for years. I really wonder what the hell blizz is thinking on this. I'm sure it has something to do with ppl keeping on playing and farming.
    How so?

Thanks to Junblat 2 people have been able to avoid farming them for a mere 3k, that sounds like a Godsend to me.

Some people get it, some people are dedicated enough to farm it, some people who are neither of those can take it on the chin and pay for theirs. Surely that's better than simply not having it?

Deleted
    Also, Blizzard said they would make it easier to get the book over time. You've waited 7 years, surely you can wait a few more months

No, it has to do with random being random, some people might get theirs on the 1st kill, some might get it on their 100th, don't worry, no one is out to get you.

I've already done my green fire quest, and I got my book on the 2nd rare kill, but if I had a choice between killing rares and spending 3k, I would spend 3k every day of the week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by IRunSoFarAway View Post
    No, it has to do with random being random, some people might get theirs on the 1st kill, some might get it on their 100th, don't worry, no one is out to get you.

I've already done my green fire quest, and I got my book on the 2nd rare kill, but if I had a choice between killing rares and spending 3k, I would spend 3k every day of the week.
    i second this, just gotta hope that people are going to be reasonable and not try and sell them for crazy amounts

Deleted
    Hmmm makes me wonder as I had another Tome Drop from a rare and i wasnt able to loot it. then it disappeared from the Corpse

Quote Originally Posted by apokotou1709 View Post
    Hmmm makes me wonder as I had another Tome Drop from a rare and i wasnt able to loot it. then it disappeared from the Corpse
    That just means that it was another warlocks tome.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yawnaholic View Post
    i second this, just gotta hope that people are going to be reasonable and not try and sell them for crazy amounts
    If i ever lay my hands on an extra tome I will sell it for as much as possible. I dont see a point in being reasonable.
    If I had any warłock friend I would give it to them for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nagassh View Post
    How so?

Thanks to Junblat 2 people have been able to avoid farming them for a mere 3k, that sounds like a Godsend to me.

Some people get it, some people are dedicated enough to farm it, some people who are neither of those can take it on the chin and pay for theirs. Surely that's better than simply not having it?
    Yeah, I'm not saying it's bad to let other ppl get more than one. And it's definitely good to let ppl sell them. But for the most part, they aren't going for 3k. They're going for insane amounts of gold. And that's okay too. But what isn't is the way Blizz decided to do this. By making it an insanely low drop rate from mobs. They should have just let all warlocks start the quest. I don't know why there needs to be "exclusivity" on a class change.

Deleted
    By making it an insanely low drop rate from mobs. They should have just let all warlocks start the quest. I don't know why there needs to be "exclusivity" on a class change.
    Because it's not a class change, it's a cosmetic item, just like a mount or transmog set is.

I can't say I'm particularly bothered either way by the book being a low drop, but it at least prevents some people from starting the chain when they frankly don't stand a chance against the last boss right now. If everyone that logged into their warlock could start it, then there'd be much more crying for a nerf.

Just think of it as the old Dreadsteed.

You could go out and farm up the gold to get the items yourself, or you could be lucky enough to know someone with the items who would summon it for you. Either way, you didn't get it simply for logging in. It makes it much more rewarding imo, though my heart goes out to those who aren't lucky enough to have it drop - just put the time in and it will eventually, put in a few kills per week and make the 15 VP per rare just a supplemental to your VP capping, if you VP cap - call it for the week, try again next when you're getting something from it.
    Last edited by mmoc1571eb5575; 2013-03-11 at 05:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's not a class change, it's a cosmetic item, just like a mount or transmog set is.

I can't say I'm particularly bothered either way by the book being a low drop, but it at least prevents some people from starting the chain when they frankly don't stand a chance against the last boss right now. If everyone that logged into their warlock could start it, then there'd be much more crying for a nerf.

Just think of it as the old Dreadsteed.

You could go out and farm up the gold to get the items yourself, or you could be lucky enough to know someone with the items who would summon it for you. Either way, you didn't get it simply for logging in. It makes it much more rewarding imo, though my heart goes out to those who aren't lucky enough to have it drop - just put the time in and it will eventually, put in a few kills per week and make the 15 VP per rare just a supplemental to your VP capping, if you VP cap - call it for the week, try again next when you're getting something from it.
    There's already tons of ppl crying for nerfs. It doesn't just drop for the competent players. The difficulty in the questline is enough to provide "exclusivity". I don't see why adding in an extremely low drop rate to start it should be needed. And yes, it is a class change. No other class can do this. Cosmetic or not, people have been asking for green fire for years. And this is how blizz responds?

Deleted
    There's already tons of ppl crying for nerfs. It doesn't just drop for the competent players. The difficulty in the questline is enough to provide "exclusivity". I don't see why adding in an extremely low drop rate to start it should be needed.
    I'm not saying it does drop for competent players - nor was that post praising it's exclusivity, but the book now requires farming instead of simply logging in - that means someone has to invest some modicum of effort into their character, so Joe Blogs Druid who logs into his warlock alt isn't being misled into thinking he can accomplish anything. Likewise Johnny Casual Warlock who sees a rare being killed and helps kill it while doing his dailies, is unlikely to get the tome.

The majority of people who get the time are going to be the people who are putting in some effort to get it and know what they're in for, that makes them infinitely more prepared and far more likely to be capable of the quest than every person who logs in and sees their alchemist alt suddenly has some cool sounding quest popping up.

Making it available to everyone just ushers in a similar situation to Heroic Ragnaros post firelands nerf - suddenly a huge part of the playerbase is having a lucrative encounter placed infront of them and being told "hey, knock yourself out", when the majority of them stand no chance.

And yes, it is a class change. No other class can do this. Cosmetic or not, people have been asking for green fire for years. And this is how blizz responds?
    There are plenty of things that are unique to classes, no other class can tame direhorns - hunters still need to go out and farm the book. No other class could use the old class quest mounts, which this closely parallels. Challenge mode armor sets are unique to a class, they require a fair bit of effort to get.

It may be a change exclusive to the class, but it has nothing to do with class balance or anything else that is compulsory for players playing said class - it's just a unique cosmetic effect, I don't get why something being class exclusive means it can't also be a semi-rare drop.

At the end of the day, the isles been out less than a week, we've waited 8 years for green fire, if one week of actual effort on the players part is too much to ask, then I'm not sure how much sympathy I can dredge up, regardless of drop rates and luck or lack thereof.

I'm not saying it does drop for competent players - nor was that post praising it's exclusivity, but the book now requires farming instead of simply logging in - that means someone has to invest some modicum of effort into their character, so Joe Blogs Druid who logs into his warlock alt isn't being misled into thinking he can accomplish anything. Likewise Johnny Casual Warlock who sees a rare being killed and helps kill it while doing his dailies, is unlikely to get the tome.

The majority of people who get the time are going to be the people who are putting in some effort to get it and know what they're in for, that makes them infinitely more prepared and far more likely to be capable of the quest than every person who logs in and sees their alchemist alt suddenly has some cool sounding quest popping up.

Making it available to everyone just ushers in a similar situation to Heroic Ragnaros post firelands nerf - suddenly a huge part of the playerbase is having a lucrative encounter placed infront of them and being told "hey, knock yourself out", when the majority of them stand no chance.

There are plenty of things that are unique to classes, no other class can tame direhorns - hunters still need to go out and farm the book. No other class could use the old class quest mounts, which this closely parallels. Challenge mode armor sets are unique to a class, they require a fair bit of effort to get.

It may be a change exclusive to the class, but it has nothing to do with class balance or anything else that is compulsory for players playing said class - it's just a unique cosmetic effect, I don't get why something being class exclusive means it can't also be a semi-rare drop.

At the end of the day, the isles been out less than a week, we've waited 8 years for green fire, if one week of actual effort on the players part is too much to ask, then I'm not sure how much sympathy I can dredge up, regardless of drop rates and luck or lack thereof.
    Luck does not = effort. Its just pure rng. Not effort. Ive killed 93 rares now and not seen it drop. Do I have a lack of effort? nope. I dont have a problem with the quest itself being hard. But having such a low drop rate is stupid.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chrispotter View Post
    Luck does not = effort. Its just pure rng. Not effort. Ive killed 93 rares now and not seen it drop. Do I have a lack of effort? nope. I dont have a problem with the quest itself being hard. But having such a low drop rate is stupid.
    My stance is that RNG is beaten by effort. Six days of farming doesn't really strike me as a grand exertion of effort that demands rectifying.