2v2 Spriest and a H pally

Hello, I play Spriest and I played 2's with a H pally a few times and really enjoyed it.

My question would be with this comp and bracket in mind, what would be my best bet for
    gearing , ex, crit or haste priority, and what would you think about talents?
    I know we will face long matches but I don't mind that personally. If however, there is a way
    I can end them a lot quicker please post regarding my questions above.
    I appreciate your help.
    Spriest :P

10+ Year Old Account
    http://www.noxxic.com/wow/pvp/priest/shadow = good starting point.

Change as seen fit.

Thanks for the reply, I have used noxxic before but also noticed a lot of other people gearing differently.
    The reason I am here is to see if someone with experience can post a reply with my specific situation in mind. Haste and crit seems pretty good but, what if anything would change from this spec for me to have a greater chance at success in the 2's comp with a h pally.
    I appreciate your effort to help me and thank you very much.
    Last edited by dieiamgi; 2013-03-10 at 05:48 AM. Reason: clarity

Use noxxic and check out talbadors stream he is a multi glad shadowpriest and if you want points fast do 3's. 2's can take a lot longer and in my opinion isn't worth the time.
    You're right except for 2 things.

1. My name is spelt "God" not "Loucious-sama".
    2. I'm not a man, because man is inherently flawed. I am in fact a being so far beyond your comprehension that archaic constraints like flesh, blood, time and consequently, gender, have no meaning to me.

Quote Originally Posted by dieiamgi View Post
    Hello, I play Spriest and I played 2's with a H pally a few times and really enjoyed it.

My question would be with this comp and bracket in mind, what would be my best bet for
    gearing , ex, crit or haste priority, and what would you think about talents?
    I know we will face long matches but I don't mind that personally. If however, there is a way
    I can end them a lot quicker please post regarding my questions above.
    I appreciate your help.
    Spriest :P
    Honestly this comp is very strong for 2s but most games will be very long. It's still very viable in 5.2 but not as powerful as last season. You will have to set up burst kills so I would go for crit, but in 3s I would take mastery. Would say more but I'm drunkand on my phone lol

As people have said, it'll be viable but long. You're pretty much a never-die comp, whether you get kills or not is another matter (Co-ordinate when you're bursting with on-use and devouring plague with your paladin so he can HoJ. Blanket Silence out of the HoJ, Repentance the DPS, then Blind and you might get a kill or atleast do some pressure - Spriest burst is pretty good now).

Noxxic is a bit behind the times. As far as I can tell Crit>Haste>Mastery not Haste>Crit>Mastery (you want to make sure your haste is at a breakpoint though, so check here for that. Ideal one is 8085, but if you can't hit that with full pvp gear and reforge then next good one is 2021, any excess haste should be reforged to crit).

I've been playing with a Spriest of mine and he's been playing around with Solace and Insanity instead of FDCL on the 3rd tier. It feels like it does a lot more burst damage, so it might be worth playing around with that. You could also spec halo instead of divine star for the extra damage as you hopefully wouldn't have mana problems in 2s (won't have to selfheal with a hpala pocket healer).

Good luck
    Last edited by Snuggli; 2013-03-10 at 11:45 AM.

Deleted
    You could gem for pvp-power to squeeze out some more damage, the comp is pretty def as it is.

You just gotta line up alot of the CC at once. Fear into stun into rep into blind into blanket silence on the healer when you burst with both dots, proccs, shadowfiend, on use tinket, DP.

Maybe you'll need either the stun or the silence on the kill-target depending on melee/caster and how well you could CC him on your own. Generally when you catch both in a fear and they cant do anything bout it (tremor etc) youve got a good burst opportunity.

I just wanna give a big Thank you to all your reply's. you guys provided some great info and I hope helped some other people out there besides just myself. I will bookmark this page for reference and I definitely don't mind having long matches. I just need to find a Hpally that feels the same way as me. My goal is to have fun in 2's and if I get a fun partner that sticks it out then maybe try for some 3's later on.
    You guys Pwn. Thanks again!