Poll: Would you support a paid 300% XP boost option? (for alts)

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I think you're all forgetting the simple fact that you per general don't have a monthly fee in the "oh and get this epic XP boost for 10 days, only $2!"-games.

they need to make money somehow, Blizzard already has everyone paying.

Absolutely not. Handing out advantages to players willing/able to pay more sets a horrific precedent.

Quote Originally Posted by nazrakin View Post
    Absolutely not. Handing out advantages to players willing/able to pay more sets a horrific precedent.
    The advantage is time; it's not selling legendaries. And, again, 'horrific precedent'? Like 'That Retarded Horse' and non-combat pets?

Deleted
    You mean RAF?

Quote Originally Posted by icedwarrior View Post
    The advantage is time; it's not selling legendaries. And, again, 'horrific precedent'? Like 'That Retarded Horse' and non-combat pets?
    The difference being that pets and mounts are not advantages; they're pretty much just cosmetic perks. Being able to buy a 300% exp increase is on another level. Why not just cut to the chase and sell max level characters? 1000% speed mounts because takes too much time? Oh and who can forget the ultimate time waster? Farming bosses. Should be able to buy tokens that guarantee loot drops.

The difference being that pets and mounts are not advantages; they're pretty much just cosmetic perks. Being able to buy a 300% exp increase is on another level. Why not just cut to the chase and sell max level characters? 1000% speed mounts because takes too much time? Oh and who can forget the ultimate time waster? Farming bosses. Should be able to buy tokens that guarantee loot drops.
    Why does someone being able to level faster piss you off so much?

I really don't understand how it could affect your game experience.

Maybe you have 11 x 90's and you are pissed that someone could take a shortcut, but again, it doesn't affect your play.
    Last edited by Kiteh; 2013-03-10 at 09:05 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I play WoW specifically to avoid such things. I do not like games where you can pay real money to get ahead, it cheapens the experience. I enjoy the game because everyone plays under the same rules and you cannot bypass those rules by having money(you may attempt to, but you are putting yourself at risk by breaking the rules).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Lightforged Draenei
    10+ Year Old Account
    I dont like the idea of subscription model for that thought. If I buy it, it should not expire but maybe cost somewhat more or blizz could just give us the elixir of ancient knowledge for a big amount of gold. For 10 days not worth it imo. As someone who has leveled 7 characters only by questing I could use the boost at 85-90 as I'm stuck with loads of 85's, the other leveling ranges are faceroll anyway so its not required.
    Last edited by Glaziola; 2013-03-10 at 09:10 AM. Reason: Spelling mistakes corrected.

I say yes. It's optional, just like BOA gear, so it only ruins the leveling experience if you use it. Honestly, as long as I've played this game, I would use it on a couple of my alts that I want to play end game with. If you could toggle the boost on and off between chars it would be even better, as I have a couple low level alts that I play only for the leveling and helping newbies.

This literally already exists almost word for word, it's called Recruit a Friend.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

Quote Originally Posted by Kiteh View Post
    The benchmark gain I used for the topic wasn't pulled from a hat.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 09:04 AM ----------

Why does someone being able to level faster piss you off so much?

I really don't understand how it could affect your game experience.

Maybe you have 11 x 90's and you are pissed that someone could take a shortcut, but again, it doesn't affect your play.
    No I've only got 1 lvl 90. People being able to buy full T15 or PvP sets doesn't affect me either but its not something I want to see.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    I play WoW specifically to avoid such things. I do not like games where you can pay real money to get ahead, it cheapens the experience. I enjoy the game because everyone plays under the same rules and you cannot bypass those rules by having money(you may attempt to, but you are putting yourself at risk by breaking the rules).
    But it isn't 'getting ahead'.

It's levelling faster so you can actually play endgame content quicker.

You don't get any gear advantage or anything, you just hit 90 faster.

No tanks or healers when queuing for LFR ?

Make it so those potential players don't have to spend 7 days levelling those roles.

I honestly don't see any downside.

It's already there in the for mof RaF.

I'd buy it. Questing and the horrible leveling experience is the only thing keeping me from finishing about half the classes to max level, and therefore playing the game a whole lot more overall in the end. I can't be the only one in this situation.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 04:15 AM ----------

No I've only got 1 lvl 90. People being able to buy full T15 or PvP sets doesn't affect me either but its not something I want to see.
    How do people buy armor sets?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Getting to 90 faster doesn't change anything about how things go at that level.

How does a paid xp boost jump to being able to buy gear?

If i wanted that crap i would play SWTOR they tried it and many other things that was gonna kill WOW. well it didnt happen and the SWTOR business model is a no thanks on that one

Well... no, their are already a TON of % boosts in the game.

30% in heirlooms. (might be more, can't remember everything)
    300% from raf
    300% from potion

If you play monk, another 50% is added on.

Quote Originally Posted by skitzy129 View Post
    I'd buy it. Questing and the horrible leveling experience is the only thing keeping me from finishing about half the classes to max level, and therefore playing the game a whole lot more overall in the end. I can't be the only one in this situation.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 04:15 AM ----------

How do people buy armor sets?

What the fuck are you talking about?

Getting to 90 faster doesn't change anything about how things go at that level.
    Reading comprehension is a powerful skill.

Quote Originally Posted by araine View Post
    If i wanted that crap i would play SWTOR they tried it and many other things that was gonna kill WOW. well it didnt happen and the SWTOR business model is a no thanks on that one
    There seems to be a massive disconnect for people on these forums with the concept of "optional" and dumb people thinking it means they have to do it when really it wouldn't have a single bit of impact on their own experience if they didn't want it to.

I can't understand this phenomenon.

---------- Post added 2013-03-10 at 04:23 AM ----------

Reading comprehension is a powerful skill.
    You're literally the person missing the point entirely.

Getting to 90 faster doesn't lead to anything else than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Jazara View Post
    How does a paid xp boost jump to being able to buy gear?
    Why do you care if people can buy t15? It doesn't affect you, you can choose not to use the service.