Page 22 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Aaaand demonology is getting another nerf, Fel Flame will no longer generate fury...

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Aaaand demonology is getting another nerf, Fel Flame will no longer generate fury...
    Bwahahahaha, where'd you see that? About 40% of DF generation comes from Fel Flame in PvP. Do they really think that just by allowing KjC as a passive for the shittiest filler in the game (Shadow Bolt), that will justify borderline mediocre Fury generation being stripped from Fel Flame? Hmmm, maybe the problem lies with Shadow Bolt? No good Demo lock would ever take KjC anyways.

Also, let's not forget that with the new Mannoroth's Fury, Demonology gets nerfed once again since Shadowflame and Carrion Swarm won't be hitting as many targets as they used to; so less cleaving, less DF generation, less peels and less snares.

Screw KjC. Buff Shadowbolt and Demonology becomes less gimped, gets more sustained and has a chance at having acceptable DF generation. Problem partially solved?

Deleted
    Where are you getting this from?
    Thats from the blue post.

My concern, will they keep the planed dot/haunt buff?

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Thats from the blue post.

My concern, will they keep the planed dot/haunt buff?
    Probably not seeing as the major concern was MG channeling being impossible without moving.

10+ Year Old Account
    On a different PvP related issue:

How do the rest of the pvp warlocks feel about PALADIN BUBBLE? What the hell do you do with it as an affliction lock?

I have trouble with healers. Druids are really tough. Priests are reasonably tough. I never seem to win against good monks for some reason. However, in all those circumstances when I lose I end up thinking, "Man, that player was skilled when they beat me. I wouldn't have thought about doing ABCXYZ if I were in their shoes".

I'm a good sport. If I lose, I lose. Who cares?

However, whenever I lose against a paladin, its... Paladin and their teammate get to 1% health after a LONG, micromanaging, juggling fight of stopping him from healing himself and his partner every damn second (which is normal vs a healer). Paladin then bubbles. Paladin heals himself back to full. Paladin heals his teammate back to full. Their team 100% wins ...every single time they do it. If we face a DOUBLE paladin team, we just leave the arena and re-queue.

I've played wow since beta as a warlock, but I've only pvp'd for a few months now. I run a 2v2 affliction lock team with my wife, WarlockJill (yes, really... ok stop laughing.) and we win around 45% of the time in arenas... which isn't amazing, but its enough to get a piece of conquest gear every day easily.

We obviously have no burst and we are SUPER fear/mortal coil reliant. We ARE going to be weak against certain classes.

Paladins and monks really give me a hard time... but I feel like monks beat me because I honestly don't know anything about their class. My ignorance is my problem. Paladins on the other hand though, might as well be the same player with the same tactic every. single. time. LOLBUBBLE.

Am I wrong in thinking its a stupid OP ability?
    Last edited by WarlockJack; 2013-06-20 at 06:41 PM.

Deleted
    Np guys, gateway got nerfed. Now facing melee is definately gonna be fun fun fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Np guys, gateway got nerfed. Now facing melee is definately gonna be fun fun fun.
    With this nerf I'm expecting it to come up with 5 charges from the start and going back to being untargettable. Otherwise, it's complete shit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    With this nerf I'm expecting it to come up with 5 charges from the start and going back to being untargettable. Otherwise, it's complete shit.
    It's likely the price you pay for having snare free KJC on your filler. I'm not sure the gateway nerf will stay this way. It seems harsher then needed, rendering our new level 87 talent even more situational then it allready was.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    It's likely the price you pay for having snare free KJC on your filler.
    We have to pay a price for a nerf to KjC?! You can't be serious ...

Also may i mention that shadowpriests and balance druids got a 60% armor buff attached to Shadowform and Moonkin Form to compensate the removal of passive damage reduction and warlocks got ... what, baseline Howl of Terror?? Combine this with KjC nerf, gateway nerf and Fel Flame change and you can just remove affliction warlocks from arenas again ...
    Last edited by luckydevours; 2013-06-21 at 04:12 PM.

It's likely the price you pay for having snare free KJC on your filler. I'm not sure the gateway nerf will stay this way. It seems harsher then needed, rendering our new level 87 talent even more situational then it allready was.
    Well KjC on filler is pretty shitty for both Destruction and Demonology, so I don't see this being justified for these two specs. If anything, this KjC is a nerf to Destro and Demo since they mostly relied on the talent for abilities other than their fillers in PvP.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    We have to pay a price for a nerf to KjC?! You can't be serious ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Phoenexis View Post
    Well KjC on filler is pretty shitty for both Destruction and Demonology, so I don't see this being justified for these two specs. If anything, this KjC is a nerf to Destro and Demo since they mostly relied on the talent for abilities other than their fillers in PvP.
    I'm not saying I agree, or think it's a good idea. I'm just pretty certain that's Blizzards logic behind it. They think we are too mobile, so nerf KJC, have to revert that partially, so they nerf another part of our mobility to still meet the goal of curtailing our mobility. It's shitty (and I don't think it will go live like this exactly) but it makes sense in this way.

Deleted
    They think we are too mobile
    We are supossed to be the tanky caster and we sure aint tanky. I have a feeling they did everything wrong for pvp with the whole revamp.

Now I'm just doing 2's for fun but I felt like damage was absolute garbage. Then my full-tyra MW monk partner, said to just keep my off-hand and trinket and roll with my PvE HC gear.

And I was was just blowing people out of the water. Just wanted to know at what point will swapping back to the PvP gear be worth it? I have only 3 pieces tyra, (wep /OH / Dominance trinket). Rest is malv with 5 pieces dreadful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd say to just stick with the PvE gear, try to get 4 set tyrannical (including gloves) though. Aside from 4 set, mh+oh and the PvP trinket, you can easily switch the rest with PvE gear.

Affliction : RBG / Arenas

Hello guys, I was wondering about "gemming" and "reforge" for arena and rbg 1500+.

Arena : Is better use gems and reforge with HASTE?
    RBGS : Is better use gems and reforge with MASTERY?

Why guys wich is better for wich kind of pvp, or both works for everything, I mean I can use haste for rbg and arenas (it works?) or mastery for rbg and arenas?

I dont wanna change my gems and reforges everytime if they call me to RBG or ARENAS.

I was trying to found a topic but Im just terrible using search option.

Hopefully will get opinions and help from gg locks.

Thanks <3

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Current pvp gear itemization allows for 4717 haste with full mastery, mastery/hit and int/mastery gemming.

You aren't going to see much difference between gemming full mastery or full haste in pvp, as you would if you gemmed for secondary stats vs pvp power or res.

Trust me, min/maxing isn't so important that you'd have to change them out just to do arena or battlegrounds. If anyone actually expected that, I'd be looking for new teammates. In any case, it's personal preference as always. Look up high rated warlocks on the armory and you'll see. Some do haste, some do mastery, some even do crit. Some do a mix of them. And of course some still do power or resilience. If you wanted my person recommendation, I'd say mastery. Between soul swap and malefic grasp mechanics, having harder dot ticks is more reliable than hoping for crits. Haste is also reliable, but with healing being as strong as it is, you want as much upfront damage as possible. But again, there's no clear right or wrong min/maxing here, so don't stress on it.

I'm not saying I agree, or think it's a good idea. I'm just pretty certain that's Blizzards logic behind it. They think we are too mobile, so nerf KJC, have to revert that partially, so they nerf another part of our mobility to still meet the goal of curtailing our mobility. It's shitty (and I don't think it will go live like this exactly) but it makes sense in this way.
    Good point, now if only they'd apply the same logic with mages (sorry, couldn't help myself).

5.1 people cry over stupid OP blood fear being removed. 5.4 people cry over stupid OP gateway being nerfed. sure, it's the only things that have made locks viable in MoP, but do you honestly think it was a good thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonkura View Post
    5.1 people cry over stupid OP blood fear being removed. 5.4 people cry over stupid OP gateway being nerfed. sure, it's the only things that have made locks viable in MoP, but do you honestly think it was a good thing?
    you forget something: no one ever wanted blood fear, gateway, KJC or anything mop brought. If we are allready not well made for pvp do we deserve to have our pros nerfed since the whole revamp was a fiasco pvp wise?

Also, who cryied for the loss of BF? 1550 heroes? Battleground gladiators? Weekend warriors? Spamable fear was the better choice even in 5.1.