Page 6 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    One thing that's spot on: Ilvl scaling in arenas. Finally, they listened to us! It seems though that instead of deleting PvP power as we've asked, they removed resilience from gear. I think that's better and makes World PvP more enjoyable, seeing as idiots won't be blowing you up in 5 secs when you're outnumbered. However, I think it's going to start out screwed up until they tweak the numbers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, it's only down scaling, players in honor gear will still have disadvantages..
    As for PvP power, I think it's one of those stats we should keep to prevent PvE weapons and trinkets in PvP. While you can reduce proc rates and scale the gear and weapons down, if it wasn't because of PvP power, everyone would be using a PvE weapon... Especially now with all the extra gem slots you can put on your weapons :/

Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Well, it's only down scaling, players in honor gear will still have disadvantages..
    As for PvP power, I think it's one of those stats we should keep to prevent PvE weapons and trinkets in PvP. While you can reduce proc rates and scale the gear and weapons down, if it wasn't because of PvP power, everyone would be using a PvE weapon... Especially now with all the extra gem slots you can put on your weapons :/
    Well, with scaling things down in rated games, you prevent stuff like Gurtha'lak HM or Cunning from being OP. I see this as a solution to high-end PvP gear balance, more than middle class balance.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    they said resilience is being removed from 'most' gear. i reckon weapons and trinkets will still have resilience, and a lot of it.

on the topic of pvp power and weapons, how many ilvl difference is needed to make the pve weapon better? atm i have 504 sha touched staff which is 34 ilvl higher. but i also have a thunderforged wand (528) so as soon as i can get an off hand to use with it, will that be better then the 470 pvp weapons?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viggers View Post
    they said resilience is being removed from 'most' gear. i reckon weapons and trinkets will still have resilience, and a lot of it.

on the topic of pvp power and weapons, how many ilvl difference is needed to make the pve weapon better? atm i have 504 sha touched staff which is 34 ilvl higher. but i also have a thunderforged wand (528) so as soon as i can get an off hand to use with it, will that be better then the 470 pvp weapons?
    Ilvl will be scaled down to 496, which is equal to the tyrannical PvP weapons. If it wasn't because of PvP power, the PvE weapons would be better because of the extra gemslot.

Also, I really doubt that if they keep resilience on trinkets and weapons, it will be a lot. We are talking about 65% base resilience, add some gems and enchants and you are sitting at 70% :/

Also, I think it's better to discuss this resilience change in the PvP forum as this has little to do with warlocks now.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ilvl will be scaled down to 496, which is equal to the tyrannical PvP weapons. If it wasn't because of PvP power, the PvE weapons would be better because of the extra gemslot.

Also, I really doubt that if they keep resilience on trinkets and weapons, it will be a lot. We are talking about 65% base resilience, add some gems and enchants and you are sitting at 70% :/

Also, I think it's better to discuss this resilience change in the PvP forum as this has little to do with warlocks now.
    yeah but that change isnt coming until 5.3 correct? so in the meantime...

Warlocks and Battle Fatigue

With the upcoming boost to battle fatigue coupled with a buff to healer and hybrid heals from pvp power to compensate, I feel like there is an issue I need clarification on: do warlock self-heals which are percentage based, from either healthstones or talents, suffer the effects of battle fatigue? If this is the case then I believe this is an imbalance considering we gave up passive mitigation for cooldown model this expansion and a big part of our survival is linking dark regen with a healthstone when the enemy blows all their offensive cd's and connect. I couldn't find any blue post addressing this issue so I turn to this forum to try and find my answer. If it is that we actually don't get affected that would be big relief; if it is that we do it's going to be even harder to play a warlock in arena next patch.
    When Dalaran is ashes, mage, you have my permission to die.

10+ Year Old Account
    All self heals are affected by Battle Fatigue, including Warlock self heals.

Having fun with warlock pvp so far. I like how I can keep myself at the top of the boards sniping kills with shadow burn xD.

Not to mention without much gear, destro still does acceptable damage. I was originally affliction when playing my lock in wrath. Sl/sl god mode days... And siphon life tanking everything xD

Really looking forward to fully gearing my lock now. Shelved him in cata just didn't like cata lock at all

Been trying out Affliction in PvP for the first time since mid-Cata. Holy crap, SB:SS is godly. Dot up everyone you can, finish off some weak target, repeat the process, top the boards.

I noted this on the pvp blog but did not get a response.

Healers and hybrid-casters will benefit to a greater degree from PvP Power, and Battle Fatigue will increase to make PvP gear superior for healers.
    From the blog on the front page we can gather this change will be net neutral to hybrids and healers who will gain more healing from pvp power to compensate. However non healing classes with self healing ablities are still affected by battle fatigue and currently receive nothing from pvp power for healing.

For us locks, this will nerf Sacrificial pact, Dark regen, healthstone, mortal coil heal, drain life, ember tap, and twilight ward.

I hope blizzard re-evaluates battle fatigue's effect on the self healing ablties of non healers (as this also affects other classes, Ice barrier, second wind, recup, nerfing everyone except healers and hybrids)

If anyone is on EU and can post in http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7101670278#1 it seems to be where blizzard is currently looking at feed back.

I think I figured out Blood Horror and why it seems to take a vacation from time to time. To me it looks like it won't activate if an absorb is up. You need to actually take the hit and get damaged by it before BH activates. Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this already but I haven't seen anything about it.

And congrats on Mod status, Niberion!

Quote Originally Posted by Docmort View Post
    With the upcoming boost to battle fatigue coupled with a buff to healer and hybrid heals from pvp power to compensate, I feel like there is an issue I need clarification on: do warlock self-heals which are percentage based, from either healthstones or talents, suffer the effects of battle fatigue? If this is the case then I believe this is an imbalance considering we gave up passive mitigation for cooldown model this expansion and a big part of our survival is linking dark regen with a healthstone when the enemy blows all their offensive cd's and connect. I couldn't find any blue post addressing this issue so I turn to this forum to try and find my answer. If it is that we actually don't get affected that would be big relief; if it is that we do it's going to be even harder to play a warlock in arena next patch.
    Looks like your post got moved here, but yes all healing of any sort is affected by both battle fatigue and mortal strike effects, including absorbs. For us locks, that's mortal coil, healthstone, soulleach absorb effect, healing transference through soul link, twilight ward, fury ward, dark regen, life drain, siphon health glyph, ember tap, and sacrificial pact. I noted how much the first battle fatigue buff to 30% hurt us, any more buffs will continue to hurt us. And although we have this self healing, we gain 0% healing power from pvp power, therefore it will be a straight nerf to us, weakening our postion against classes that do not rely as much on healing based defenses (including absorbs) and hybrids who receive bonus healing from pvp power to compensate.

Best Warlock RBG Spec???

Coming back to the game after a layoff.. and got my main up and in LFR and what not.. But i want to start heading into BGs and getting some gear to eventually get a RBG group together.. Not sure if any one spec for affli/demo/or destro is out weighing the rest in the RBG relm of things.. was just looking for other fellow Locks opinions.

Thanks,
    Grissle

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    I think I figured out Blood Horror and why it seems to take a vacation from time to time. To me it looks like it won't activate if an absorb is up. You need to actually take the hit and get damaged by it before BH activates. Dunno if anyone else has mentioned this already but I haven't seen anything about it.

And congrats on Mod status, Niberion!
    That would seem a kind of stupid way for Blood Horror to work, hope they either give a reasoning for this behaviour or even better, fix it to work as it would be expected. I mean what good is it to have your shield broken up only for BH to work as a last resort? I'd like it to work first, when you've got that cooldown popping Warrior on your ass, meaning he's CC'd when he has his cooldowns up, not after he's allready worked his way through my Sac Pact or Soul leech (or whatever other absorb).

Guide fleshing out to be really nice. Gratz on moderation Niberion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Still got to add some addons and macros since noone is submitting any, and change a few little things, but that's stuff for the weekend, first gotta study another 780 pages of math by friday >.>

And thanks

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    That would seem a kind of stupid way for Blood Horror to work, hope they either give a reasoning for this behaviour or even better, fix it to work as it would be expected. I mean what good is it to have your shield broken up only for BH to work as a last resort? I'd like it to work first, when you've got that cooldown popping Warrior on your ass, meaning he's CC'd when he has his cooldowns up, not after he's allready worked his way through my Sac Pact or Soul leech (or whatever other absorb).
    It pretty much kills off the talent for any compositions with lock/disc in them.

---------- Post added 2013-03-27 at 11:18 PM ----------

Just had my guild master help me out in testing it to make absolutely sure. And I was right, it only activates upon the warlock actually receiving damage. It refused to send him running while my Sacrificial Pact was up, but the second it dropped it worked fine.

Deleted
    HEY NIBERION gg for the Promotion. I'm running in arena with destro spec, specifically with supremacy and fel imp. I'm using imp because the defensive dispel is so powerful, 10 second cd, aoe effect and dsipell magic CC istant! if u put on "autocast" the imp i gonna dispell u instantly.
    Did u guys have tried the imp in arena? what u think about? do use a macro or u let the ability on autocast?

I actually haven't tried the imp in arena yet, though I have been thinking about it. Mainly been using the Observer though. A well-placed interrupt is priceless. If you're running 2s without a healer, the imp could be an advantage depending on the team you meet.