Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not a big fan of the imp in arena and that's mainly because of how little health it has, it's too easy to kill him :/

Now, I must say that a defensive dispel is nice from time to time, however, read following words carefully; Never ever use an imp against a shadow priest team, seriously, never do that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Now, I must say that a defensive dispel is nice from time to time, however, read following words carefully; Never ever use an imp against a shadow priest team, seriously, never do that.
    As a complete PvP noob I have to ask, why? My spriest is only level 60 so I've little idea about what makes them tick, especially not in PvP, and I'm dead curious.

Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    As a complete PvP noob I have to ask, why? My spriest is only level 60 so I've little idea about what makes them tick, especially not in PvP, and I'm dead curious.
    I think he's talking about the dispel protection thing that fears you. The name completely escapes me at the moment.

Deleted
    i'm using the imp in 3v3, and my healer have to heal also my pet . with trinket, Unbound will, and imp dispell i can always peel for my fellas! what's the problem with shadow? imp dispell only the fear not the dot

10+ Year Old Account
    Sin and punishment, the dispel protection on vamp touch. When VT gets dispelled, the dispeller and his buddies within 6y gets a 3sec horror.
    Did 2s against a disc - destro team with an imp on my priest alt last week. I have to say that was a rather hilarious game since VT got dispelled so often they reached the DR limit on horrors multiple times.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-03-28 at 03:52 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Sin and punishment, the dispel protection on vamp touch.
    Ah, should have guessed it was something obvious like that. Cheers

Deleted
    yeah u are right. But is better to counter a 8 sec poli or a deep, with the down side to be horrified for 3 sec (without counting dr).
    Btw using the imp is just a viable option, warlock can be played efficiently in a lot of ways

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes of course it is, but when it comes to 3v3, especially higher ratings, a blanket silence is so much better as you'll need it for those pesky healers

Deleted
    i usually prefer spell lock, i'm used to use it, and maybe is easier to use efficiently.

maybe is more viable for MLS comp:

http://www.twitch.tv/nadagastt/b/381495613

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dunedains View Post
    i usually prefer spell lock, i'm used to use it, and maybe is easier to use efficiently.

maybe is more viable for MLS comp:

http://www.twitch.tv/nadagastt/b/381495613
    Well, the mage brings a blanket while the resto shaman also brings an interrupt. That's one of the exceptions where you can use a different pet than the felhunter / observer. I'd still use an observer tho, playing defensive with dispels and such is not my thing

Deleted

Warlock RBG optimization

Hi,

For you, what are the most important statistics to optimize in RBG only? Affli & Destru.
    I see many warlock put the focus on the resilience (and I do). Is this a good idea for RBG only?
    I take for example a warlock who would never arena.

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Quote Originally Posted by Simplexity View Post
    Wanted to link a 5.2 Destruction RBG guide I threw up on youtube yesterday. Hope this helps.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwQwqf24gpk
    Thank you for this. Great guide. I've also been experimenting with Soul Link / GrimSac in RBGs...sitting at 520k health buffed makes for some sweet mastery stacked Ember Taps. Still not sure how it stacks up to Sac Pact. Thoughts?

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Quote Originally Posted by Insodow View Post
    Hi,

For you, what are the most important statistics to optimize in RBG only? Affli & Destru.
    I see many warlock put the focus on the resilience (and I do). Is this a good idea for RBG only?
    I take for example a warlock who would never arena.

Thanks in advance for your answers.
    In my opinion and experience, PVP power / Int stacking for RBGs is the way to go. The locks you see stacking resil are mainly doing this for Arena as it is almost required.

"Fell deeds awake! Now for wrath; now for ruin, and the red dawn!"

Deleted
    Yes, the most usefull spec for RBG is Destro , you should stack PVP Power Int , and go Burn CHAOS BOLT every flag carrier , without or with stack damage. In base camp rbg just go ROF and cast full Chaos Bolt

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baelroc View Post
    In my opinion and experience, PVP power / Int stacking for RBGs is the way to go. The locks you see stacking resil are mainly doing this for Arena as it is almost required.
    For RBG it really depends. If you're the guy standing in the back, having the rest of your team feel for you, etc, PvP power is the way to go.
    However, for fools like me that like to jump into the middle of the pack, Resilience is better. And as Baelroc just said, for arena, Resilience is required.

Looking at getting into RBG's and PvP with my guild, the information here has helped a lot. I have had some issues generating embers though, what recommendations would you have to be able to execute with cbolts?

Warrior - Twitch - Twitter Sig by: Isilrien

RoF on everything that moves generates quite a bit of embers.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    hmm last couple days ive set my AFF lock up with full pvp power gems as I found myself struggling to damage folks when set up as the guide says, reforged everything I could to mastery and what a nice surprise... melting faces is soooo nice now what a difference...
    ........THE WRITING'S ON THE WALL !!!!!

10+ Year Old Account
    Been looking at bit at arena representations for 3s, seeing how things are turning out after the 5.2 changes.
    I have to say I'm really shocked at what I saw, namely:
    Elemental shamans have a representation of 1.4% above 2.2k rating.
    Affliction only has 0.5% and Demonology 0.2%, combined that's only half of Elemental's