Page 19 of 25 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I know that currently the guys over at ArenaJunkies are saying Relic of Yu'lon 2/2 and Hydra are 2 of the best trinkets for warlocks. Both have relatively high uptime with Hydra being the big one and giving a buff of nearly 2.9k int for 40 sec. While Yu'lon gives a nice static 1030 int with a ~3.3k int proc.

10+ Year Old Account
    Completely ignoring UVoLS (I still have to test it, but I assume it's extremely powerful for destro right now), I'd say that Static Caster's Medallion is BiS for the main reason that it has a very strong on-use, followed by upgraded Relic of Yu'lon.
    The other PvE trinkets work as well, but the ToT trinkets are real PPM trinkets, meaning they are rather unreliable.

I'll also try to update the guide in one of the following days. Been really busy with stuff so haven't had the time for it >.>

Good thing I sharded by Relic of Yu'lon a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugginz View Post
    You can use the item restoration service to get it back. Just keep a shard in your inventory.

Edit: Nevermind, read "months" as "moments".

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hugginz View Post
    You still might be able to get it back. My item restoration page on battle.net goes back to 3/6/2013! ^_^

Deleted
    hide on the wall, palladin kill all

I read the original post and it had some great information, so now I have to change around a few talents, but I feel like I need a little bit more. I did some arena awhile back just for "oh hey that pvp weapon looks cool I want it", but that's it. This is my first season doing any real pvp and I feel like I'm just not doing enough. For 2s I'm running demo(I only play Demo for pvp) and a mistweaver monk. For 3s it's the same mistweaver monk and a BM hunter. We all started in pve gear but we now have weapons, and a few other pieces. I have 2 set trinket and a neck. Working on the 4 set.

I generally build a little fury, maybe only 300-400, make sure teammates are ready, fear the other team's healer, Mortal Coil the other dps, and stun the kill target. I follow up with fears on healer as necessary. We were doing okay but not where I want to be. The issue I'm having is that I seem to sit in infinite CC while our hunter gets blown to bits and I'm unable to peel.

Any non-obvious things I'm missing or something? Is my comp bad? Should I be Afflic? Any tips will be helpful. I'll link my armory below. If I'm not in pvp gear my stats are:
    resil:base 65%
    power: 21.95%
    mastery: 8799
    haste: 6097
    crit: 4136
    25,112 spellpower

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ar/Rahl/simple

Quick question. I've been reading about how "hard" Chaos Bolt is hitting in 5.3. I haven't had much time to play this week, so when i was talking to my friends about it, they said it was still hitting hard. One of them was watching Reckful's stream and mentioned he got hit by one for 100k+?

He's known to exaggerate, just like the forums, but I'm curious on what others are seeing.
    "Clearly every aspect of one's life, from financial stability to social popularity, to sexual prowess can be boiled down to 4 numbers: One's Arena rating" ~ Xandamere

Deleted
    Quick question. I've been reading about how "hard" Chaos Bolt is hitting in 5.3. I haven't had much time to play this week, so when i was talking to my friends about it, they said it was still hitting hard. One of them was watching Reckful's stream and mentioned he got hit by one for 100k+?
    He's known to exaggerate, just like the forums, but I'm curious on what others are seeing.
    There's a open thread about CB (hidden) nerf,

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...s-Bolt-PvP-5-3

10+ Year Old Account
    can someone give tips on how to beat hunters as affliction? is it even possible? im really struggling to do anything to them at all.
    dragonmaw - EU

Anyone got any good macros for Havoc usage? e.g. casting on your focus target as part of your dark soul macro? Something better?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    can someone give tips on how to beat hunters as affliction? is it even possible? im really struggling to do anything to them at all.
    I run affliction with GoSup, and I used to have a lot of issues with hunters. They're one of the tough classes. One thing that made a WORLD of difference is the voidlord Disarm... Keep them feared and mortal coiled and then disarm them... a lot of them are VERY surprised when it happens. I've seen several just stand there and do nothing until it hits them what happened for some reason. Because of this, I just keep the voidlord out at all times instead of the observer now.

A good hunter will roll right through you. However, in full honor gear... I'm starting to win way more than I lose vs. hunters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlockJack View Post
    I run affliction with GoSup, and I used to have a lot of issues with hunters. They're one of the tough classes. One thing that made a WORLD of difference is the voidlord Disarm... Keep them feared and mortal coiled and then disarm them... a lot of them are VERY surprised when it happens. I've seen several just stand there and do nothing until it hits them what happened for some reason. Because of this, I just keep the voidlord out at all times instead of the observer now.

A good hunter will roll right through you. However, in full honor gear... I'm starting to win way more than I lose vs. hunters.
    hmm, ive been using GoSac recently, which im finding really useful for the counterspell, and i don't meet enough hunters atm to change it just for that really :\ thanks for tip though, when i start arena ill try out voidlord disarm, never really thought about using that pet in pvp.

also a question, my dots seem really weak, how much power/mastery should i be aiming for? mostly in honor gear right now.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B2rt/simple

heres my armory, not long been 90 so i still got a few green bits :\ but can someone tell me what i should really be gemming, because my dots are really weak as affliction right now :\

i dont have issues surviving against most classes aside from some hunters, but i get all my dots up and maleific grasp and just no damage at all, takes me ages just to get through priest shield and druid s hots keep them at about 90% with all dots ticking :\
    dragonmaw - EU

Pandaren Monk
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryft View Post
    Anyone got any good macros for Havoc usage? e.g. casting on your focus target as part of your dark soul macro? Something better?
    Something like this?
    /cast Dark Soul: Instability
    /cast [nodead] @focus Havoc; Havoc
    etc.

(edit) I personally don't think this is a wise idea, as you'll use Havoc far more than you use Dark Soul in PVP -- better to bind to its own macro, trigger with mouse click + some mod and end with targetlasttarget. But I think that syntax does what you ask.
    The plural of anecdote is not "data". It's "Bayesian inference".

Right now I'm running with this type of stat priority in mind.

Mastery > Int > Haste > Crit.

Seems to be working fine and my dots do plenty of damage as Aff right now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by serenka View Post
    hmm, ive been using GoSac recently, which im finding really useful for the counterspell, and i don't meet enough hunters atm to change it just for that really :\ thanks for tip though, when i start arena ill try out voidlord disarm, never really thought about using that pet in pvp.

also a question, my dots seem really weak, how much power/mastery should i be aiming for? mostly in honor gear right now.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...C3%B2rt/simple

heres my armory, not long been 90 so i still got a few green bits :\ but can someone tell me what i should really be gemming, because my dots are really weak as affliction right now :\

i dont have issues surviving against most classes aside from some hunters, but i get all my dots up and maleific grasp and just no damage at all, takes me ages just to get through priest shield and druid s hots keep them at about 90% with all dots ticking :\
    I'll try my best to go down the list without missing anything.

First off... Affliction needs gear to work. Spend a few hundred gold and get rid of those green items. They're hurting you BADLY. A lvl 346 & 377 ring ... killing you. If you need money, learn how to do tilling on the farm. Do the quests to get 16 plots and plant enigma seeds. Golden Lotus sells for 65-75g on my server. I usually get 4-7 of them every day. 350g each day is not poor and thats not even including all the other herbs you'll be selling too! There, you're not poor. ^_^

Healers are the #1 toughest people to fight against as affliction. You HAVE to interrupt every time they go to heal or keep them feared long enough. Your damage is not spiky. It doesn't surprise them. Abuse your fear and save your mortal coil until they're low.

You're gemming seriously wrong. You need to be doing Int/Mastery for red, Mastery for yellow and Mastery/hit for blue. 320 Mastery gems in everything wouldn't hurt you either. Mastery is your baby. Haste sucks. PVP Power gems suck. Crit gems sucks. Stamina gems suck.

You don't have a meta socket.

You have no enchants.

You have no reforges. Reforge everything for Maximum mastery while maintaining 6% hit. Mastery > Haste > Crit.

I swap between PvE and PvP power so I'll just tell you my stats:

PvP Power: 28.58% (Just use the PvP power on the gear... dont add any in gems)
    Mastery: 66.58%
    Haste: 10.52%
    Crit: 11.15%
    Hit: 5.83%
    Int: 13,157
    Health: 437k

Also, as Affliction; I would SERIOUSLY recommend against GoSac... it does NOT increase the damage of your dots at all. 0%... it only increases the damage of haunt, fel flame, drain soul and malific grasp. On the other hand, your pet with the sacrifice talent can give you a huge survivability shield with more damage. I felt VERY squishy with GoSac.

Also, I'd go for Mortal coil over Shadowfury. The extra fear that they CANT trinket out of combined with the extra heal is Way better than a 3 second stun.

Make sure you abuse your 4 piece twilight ward shield. Keep that damn thing up every 30 seconds.

Glyph of Curse of Exhaustion is one of my babies too... an AoE 70% slow screws people over SO much its not even funny. Its way better than the unstable affliction glyph IMO.

When you save up enough conquest for the 498 weapon you'll see a huge boost.

Download the AFFDOTS addon and read how to use it. You need to know how and when to reapply your dots when you get extra buffs. You need to be ticking as hard as you can in pvp.

Make sure you read the guide on page 1 thoroughly.

I lead the damage and kill boards in non-rated battlegrounds so I know affliction isn't broken... you just need to know how to play and it is NOT a beginner spec IMO.
    Last edited by WarlockJack; 2013-06-06 at 05:11 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcanasm View Post
    Something like this?
    /cast Dark Soul: Instability
    /cast [nodead] @focus Havoc; Havoc
    etc.

(edit) I personally don't think this is a wise idea, as you'll use Havoc far more than you use Dark Soul in PVP -- better to bind to its own macro, trigger with mouse click + some mod and end with targetlasttarget. But I think that syntax does what you ask.
    Hmm...thanks for the advice, I might try both.

10+ Year Old Account
    thanks for the post warlockjack

i know ive got no enchants/meta atm, just waiting for some gold :P ive just done some reforging will get meta in a few days.

ill give GoSup a try again, i used it at first but i have been preffering the play with sac, but ill try it out

anyway, with stats whats more important out of haste and crit then?

gonna start with replacing my gems like you said, thanks for helping out a noob warlock :P

though i dont have much gold on this server so it can take me a while :P
    Last edited by serenka; 2013-06-06 at 10:25 AM.
    dragonmaw - EU

10+ Year Old Account
    You are welcome!

The only difference between gosup and gosac is you dont have a pet walking around with you. Over time, he gets less annoying.

Haste is better than crit.

I explained a way to make enough money daily to pay for your stuff. Get to farming! ;-)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarlockJack View Post
    You are welcome!

The only difference between gosup and gosac is you dont have a pet walking around with you. Over time, he gets less annoying.

Haste is better than crit.

I explained a way to make enough money daily to pay for your stuff. Get to farming! ;-)

oh i have been farming, made like 2 k today lol

sold a load of leather, and then farmed to exalted with cloud serpent, but as i already have the mounts on the main i sold the reward fo 750g, and then someone in org did a hide and seek which i won 500g in lol

good day xD

also, is interrupt hacking back or something? a few people in BGs today interupting instantly, not even taretting me, this mage was jumping around fighting someone else, as soon as i dismounted to attack, before my cast bar basically even appeared "counterspell", happened a few times now. i know you can do mouseover macros, but these people are jumping around fighting someone else, and its not evena split second when i begin casting, anyone else had this?
    dragonmaw - EU