Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    Haste being multiplicative has something to do with it. I checked on the PTR in season 14 gear and I went from 13% to 47% with Dark Soul. Not sure where the rest came from with you, but it's not a PTR bug from what I can tell.

EDIT: With some reforging I went from 18,64% to 54,23% So I have no clue where your 59% came from. Could you have had the 5% raid haste perhaps?
    It's +30% of your current haste + a flat 30% haste from what I know.
    Although that 59% seems odd, pretty sure that's with another haste bonus active.

Deleted
    It's +30% of your current haste + a flat 30% haste from what I know.
    It is, its 16.61-54.59%. My bad, I seriously need to do fix my sight.

Deleted
    So, since the harvest life is changed into a pretty good looking talent I seriously think, with the increased dot dmg, it might be a more used filler than MG. What do you guys think? The glyphed one might keep us alive pretty decent while still dishing out acceptable dmg, while we live the MG to be 100% used in pve.

Still, I would like for archimondes darkness to not be usable in arenas, that talent is so mongo its retarded.

Deleted
    The change of the 4pc set bonus deffo shows how much the devs have no idea how the game works :/

Its this still true?

Demonology
    PvP Resilience > Spell Hit (6%) > PvP Power > Intellect > Mastery > Haste > Crit

What demo should gem for pvp? And 30% metagem is bad for arenas?

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah it's a bit outdated, its hit > int > res => mastery > haste now. Going to do big update for 5.4

Do you think aff will have enough survival to get away with not gemming resil? PTR it feels like I flop over dead when a melee so much as looks at me. I tested w' mastery gemming and 100% pvp gear most of the time for aff. PVP power doesn't feel like it does enough to get our healing/absorbs back up to be worth using it. It would need to be on par with the increase we get in dmg I think instead of fractional to it. Aff 5.4 does have a level of burst we do not on live due to the haunt thing (even post change to periodic only) just feels too glass cannon. Plus since we are easy to kill and kill others somewhat easily its even more incentive to tunnel aff. Aff still feels like it should try for the legendary meta in pvp.

Demo still doesn't feel like it bursts hard enough...2x chaoswaves are **** compared to what other specs dish and it certainly lacks the pressure to rot a team. That said at least you can use your damage as demo reliably, it just isn't enough to force big CD's or drop someone who is tunneling a team member. Demo I think does better with the conventional burning meta.

The ugly duckling is destro atm. I really hope devs aren't done with the spec for 5.4 patch. CB hits less than haunt and just never goes off vs a team of comparable MMR. Without that you just peck away with instants and self heal but never really are in danger of killing anyone. The kills you get are more off you CC'ing someone and your ele/mage/etc doing 80% of the target's HP while you just get a conflag and/or shadowburn off to finish them.

Deleted
    With the 4pc set bonus affly will not be able to go ress, since dmg took allready a big nerf. SL is a welcome change, but I feel that we will be forced to play with a rdudu next patch and something that can babysit us. Demonic gate is a giant nerf survivability wise and the new harvest life is so-so. If we are able to keep Haunt on every target that should be fine, but I doubt we will due to the soul shard nerf- and even fel flame doesent refreshes the dots anymore. Double Dark Soul suddenly doesn't look so retarded when you think about all the stuff we are looking to lose.

With the changes to drain soul shards are going to be super hard to come by in pvp. So haunting everything isn't going to happen. Versus disc teams we are unlikely to even get many shards period. Soul link not scaling its 20% hp to drain life makes harvest life/DL even less relevant to pvp where you aren't able to channel anyhow. Last I checked it also isn't useable with KJC so you can't even try to start a drain and pillar or anything to even try to mitigate the interrupt issues.

Aff just keeps taking it in the pooper in both damage and survival when it wasn't an outlier in either. At this point I'm all for taking gateway out of rated pvp. Its the sort of thing that will never balance well. If they don't we need it on a 15-20 sec CD for the lock when I'm the first to admit its OP for non lock team members. If aff can't get shards in pvp it will need a minor glyph or something that trades fel flame's damage bump for dot renewal. This should be a no contest change anyhow since its purely playstyle and generally a loss in pve.

The only way I see a lock working in the coming patch is to have a healer than can babysit while an ele or mage does 90% of the HP of the enemy while the lock takes borderline unhealable damage. Pretty much we are a CC bot with no real pressure of our own who is a very vulnerable mana sink for a healer. Pessimistic perhaps but the way the patch changes keep evolving that is what we are headed towards.

Well I play demo pvp main spec and flat out refuse to play affliction regardless of whether its the best or not because I've always hated the dot everything up and run around like a little bitch while pillaring/cc'ing playstyle. And I don't see much in the way of helping demo either "and I really do hope destro gets some love as well". More Fel flame damage, baseline howl, and double dark soul will help but losing damage on corruption as well as losing the 10% DR on Fel armor AND the nerf to imps are gonna really hurt "don't even get me started on our stupid gateway" Plus the devs STILL haven't touched the specs real problem in pvp. Damage outside of dark soul/meta!!! SPEC has sick burst but tickle me Elmo damage the rest of the time. Looks like all 3 specs are gonna have a rough season.
    Last edited by Lucidious; 2013-07-31 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    Looks like all 3 specs are gonna have a rough season.
    I watched Azaels stream the other night and he pretty much agreed with that statement: According to him Affli and Destro are clearly not viable in their current state on the PTR. Demo might be not useless to such an extent, but then again it is defenseless against pet-killing strategies which render the spec harmless.

Quote Originally Posted by luckydevours View Post
    I watched Azaels stream the other night and he pretty much agreed with that statement: According to him Affli and Destro are clearly not viable in their current state on the PTR. Demo might be not useless to such an extent, but then again it is defenseless against pet-killing strategies which render the spec harmless.
    Pretty much this.

PvP Warlocks complain about being too reliant on Dark Soul + Resource burst. Blizzard gives TWO charges of Dark Soul! Yay! Baseline Howl is really nice though, you gotta admit.

So I got a question for Niberion or someone else good with stat priorities. Any changes next patch? I assume destro and affliction will both gem mastery but the real question is "well for me anyways lol" what is better for demo? Int or mastery and why? I have heard conflicting viewpoints on this and need some clarification. I currently run full mastery since I'm destro offspec but its something I've never got a good answer for. Mucho thanks in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucidious View Post
    So I got a question for Niberion or someone else good with stat priorities. Any changes next patch? I assume destro and affliction will both gem mastery but the real question is "well for me anyways lol" what is better for demo? Int or mastery and why? I have heard conflicting viewpoints on this and need some clarification. I currently run full mastery since I'm destro offspec but its something I've never got a good answer for. Mucho thanks in advance.
    Stack mastery too. Int is only really good for when out of Meta, and we all kniw that your just throughing flowers at people whne not in Meta. Mastery makes it so you deal more damage in Meta, which is a must. With stacked mastery I went 50-0 and one shot every single person doing 1mil+ dmg in 30 second games. So yes, go mastery. However, If you just want constant damage and no burst int is for you, though I have only seen this in 5v5 and rbg's, but you should probably go destro or affliction for 5v5. SO, almost always stack mastery.

Quote Originally Posted by Felfiend View Post
    Stack mastery too. Int is only really good for when out of Meta, and we all kniw that your just throughing flowers at people whne not in Meta. Mastery makes it so you deal more damage in Meta, which is a must. With stacked mastery I went 50-0 and one shot every single person doing 1mil+ dmg in 30 second games. So yes, go mastery. However, If you just want constant damage and no burst int is for you, though I have only seen this in 5v5 and rbg's, but you should probably go destro or affliction for 5v5. SO, almost always stack mastery.
    Thanks for the reply, that's what I was doing anyway but I wanted a good second opinion.

I love the idea of drains and wanted to ask if I can build PvP wise random BG and rated BG around drain life? How would I do so? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H2VfrMdVeu0 This video is valid?

Thanks