Ele PVP and roots

Yo,

whats the point of my roots (earthgrab, or ice shock) when every class has at least 1 possibility to free them (without trinket)...???

i always feel like "omg so much dmg inc, give me some time to breath..ok gona ROOT and heal!!!". Then its just like no1 gives a fuck about my roots and just goes on with the annihilation.

Or do i use it wrong?:O

step 1: root them. they get out with random class ability.

step 2: root them again. either they trinket or sit there for 4 seconds.

step 3: wait 20 seconds, root again for full duration. profit.

if you die within that 20 seconds 1v1, you're either terrible or have no pvp gear. if you're bitching cuz you die in 2v1 or more, they outnumber you, you're supposed to die. stop complaining and learn 2 play

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapfour View Post

if you die within that 20 seconds 1v1, you're either terrible or have no pvp gear. if you're bitching cuz you die in 2v1 or more, they outnumber you, you're supposed to die. stop complaining and learn 2 play
    1) We don't have root off cooldown you know.
    2) Some classes have root braking off cooldown (ret pala, druid), to ranged classes roots can do nothing, so only one really effected by roots are rogues (which can kill you before you can get out of stun and root them) every other class can break root fast.

Root is outdated cc, I don't even count it anymore.
    Last edited by Munjica; 2013-03-11 at 03:13 PM.

Roots for ELE is mainly for hardcasting a heal or Lavaburst/Elemental Blast.

If Lavaburst is on CD, don't bother rooting. Why? Clearcasting Heal Surges.
    Melee has outstanding uptime on Ele Shaman so during those close combat moments you should have Clearcasting up to get heals off until you can get another Nuke ready (though personally I don't run EB so it's just Lavaburst for me). Juke as necessary of course.

And really you have to anticipate your roots to be broken in accordance to their cooldowns. So for the first root, keep running (unless it's a Warr or Enh in which case you bait the Spell Reflect or Windshear).

Really, against melee your Searing Totem will probably do more damage than lightning bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by holycrapfour View Post

pop cds, grip, silence, ams ?? /flex its that easy as a frost dk.