EnhSim.. Has anyone taken to possibly updating it

Has anyone thought of possibly bringing this back.. It was so much more user friendly then Simcraft.. I know it sounds like I'm whining but anyone that remembers Enhsim.. Remembers the ease of like 5-10 buttons at most..

Just wondering if I knew anything about programming I could do it but I do not.

G

Quote Originally Posted by gesen View Post
    Has anyone thought of possibly bringing this back.. It was so much more user friendly then Simcraft.. I know it sounds like I'm whining but anyone that remembers Enhsim.. Remembers the ease of like 5-10 buttons at most..

Just wondering if I knew anything about programming I could do it but I do not.

G
    All the guys that were in charge of it (ziff, Rouncer, Levva) quit the game AFAIK. What about simcraft have you found particularly difficult?

10+ Year Old Account
    Just the fact that it has never been accurate for enha shamans. At least pre mop

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was getting same results from both sims not long before enhsim died.
    But yes it wasn't accurate before then

15+ Year Old Account
    The fact that it was tailored for enhancement shaman meant that we could rest assured that our specific concerns about dps models would be fixed soon. I honestly don't get simcraft. It's too generic, and I prefer something a little more targeted toward spec. Like Landsoul's spreadsheet for warriors.

A very prominent enhancement shaman in the community (Purge) takes care of the Enh code in simcraft. It's quite good and robust. In fact with conditionals you can do more in SimCraft than you could in EnhSim. Even if you don't want to futz with that you can just use the default settings which Purge takes the time to modify and validate himself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Advent View Post
    The fact that it was tailored for enhancement shaman meant that we could rest assured that our specific concerns about dps models would be fixed soon. I honestly don't get simcraft. It's too generic, and I prefer something a little more targeted toward spec. Like Landsoul's spreadsheet for warriors.
    It depends on what your goal is, with the sim.

If what you want is solely to try and work out optimal talent/glyph configurations and work out stat weights, something more specific like Enhsim is all you need. However, if you want to do any cross-class comparisons, you need a tool like simulationcraft. You cannot compare separate sims, since their base model and structure are different, and those varying assumptions throw the numbers off. That's the big advantage of simulationcraft; it provides a robust platform for the simming that is cross-class comparable.

As for the usefulness of any given sim; that boils down to exactly how much the community (or more specifically, a few members of the community) is willing to invest in developing it. These models don't come from nowhere. The best way to get a model improved on simulationcraft is to start participating in the dev community over there and helping to fix the model yourself.

If that sounds like a lot of work, now you know why there's only a few people who do so. For the most part, there's a handful of people for each class, usually 1-2 per spec. It's better to look at simulationcraft as a community of people working on a shared base platform, rather than as some attempt to simulate everything generically; each group is working on their own model separately.

If enhsim is dead wouldn't its calculations of stat weights and which tallent/glyphs are optimal, be inaccurate?