Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Don't know if these have been posted before, but this guy explains the issue perfectly

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ww9-6_HLoN4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d-5XRkbNrQo

He gave the warbringer turbo tagging and swearing to eachother the perfect name... Lil'bitchitis. I do admit that on day one I went mental with the tagging aswell. Was able to outtag most players (aka everyone except for hunters and their traps) till I got my first mount. After that I just invited players, went at impossible times (if I woke up at like 3 AM for some reason and couldn't sleep anymore I would go farm them) things like that. I'm a proud owner of all 3 the direhorns they drop, so I know the frustration of the groups there.

Had a few people try to reset my warbringers, but thank god I am a DK. Tons of taunting, pulling and freezing kept them pretty close to the spawn ^^

Best of luck to all other mount hunters out there. It is a pain, but the mounts are worth it!

While I agree with you,

Doesn't every class have a "anti taunt" kind of ability, I mean if youve spent 10 mins like you say killing it your aggro pretty high, so by the time a taunt has expired it should come bck to you,

If not, then a DK Warrior Pally Druid Monk Warlock Hunter (with pets) Shammy (Earth totem)

Priest and Mage are a little tougher, but if Stuns effect these mobs, they can be CC'd / Fear'd until the taunt ends,

Think thats all the class's

Like I say I agree with you, but Ive played with people before in RL where this happens to them, and instead of screwing their loaf on, and taunting back or using some sort of counter, they start wisping every insult under the sun through to the player, and watch helpless as the mob follows them

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 11:39 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Drynix View Post
    <snip>
    Sorry but your no better than the morons the OP describes

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    It's almost impossible to taunt evade a mob that I'm tanking so I just laugh at those who try. I got 2 taunts one of which is a displacement and I can spam a permaslow on the mob (chains of ice).
    DK grabs them towards the cliff and I thunderstorm them off. There isn't anything you can do about it because you might not even look into the right direction when it happens. Even if you grab it back up a druid can kick it right down again. Just as an example of how this can and will happen. I've seen it and I've done it to get our mob back.

10+ Year Old Account
    FF14 > WoW. Not an opinion, that's facts.
    all I hear here is QQ

[This post was infracted for minor spam.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-03-16 at 03:06 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    all I hear here is QQ
    Then you really should work on your reading comprehension Mr.Troll.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Syrith View Post
    all I hear here is QQ
    All I see here is someone who doesn't get the point.

I don't interfere with people fighting them, I do however wait in the sky like a Vulture in case they die so I get a chance. It's fair game imo if they die from their own mistakes.

Pretty funny people trying to reset them from me though, had someone taunt it and jump off a Cliff, just Gripped the mob back while they had a 20g repair bill.

Deleted
    I've had quite a lot of people who tried to reset my Warbringer tag but no one has been successful so far. I do tell most people that I am frapsing them and that it is a bannable offense and It scares most of them off.

isn't that the same with all the rare mobs (exept the new tag system) i mean if i can choose if i kill another person and get a mount or if i am "nice" .. i don't have to think for more then a second. i fucking kill him, and his family, and everyone that knows him :P

but thats for all "important" rare mobs, time lost, the dragon in that stone place, of even the one that drops the +300% xp pot, as long a mob drops someting special you hope he dies (if same side) or help the npc to kill him.

humans are selfish, some more some less

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by hasslehoof View Post
    I don't interfere with people fighting them, I do however wait in the sky like a Vulture in case they die so I get a chance. It's fair game imo if they die from their own mistakes.
    There's nothing wrong with that.
    If you die trying, you had a fair chance - and failed. It's the next person's turn then.

Deleted
    Should be faction tagged with a unique chance to get the mount that doesn't effect other players chances. Don't see how anyone could have a problem with that, unless they are a complete dick.

Deleted
    This is a common issue deal with it?

If i see Horde attacking it. i will wipe them all out and retag the mob and kill it.
    If i see Alliance Ganking it. i will relog and gank them on my horde for the tag.

end of the day. if you are kiting it on a low geared person and cannot kill it quick. then you deserve to lose it. They take us less then 30 seconds to kill with 1 tank and 1 DK.

If your taking 10 minutes then its just laughable. and yes i'm not heroic geared or anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    I can solo these as a prot paladin, but it just takes for-bloody-ever. I usually invite people who fly in and assist me, but I never give lead anymore if they "want to invite a friend". I learned that lesson the hard way: a guildy and I were flying around killing the warbringers when someone asked us for help. We agreed since we were going to kill it anyway, and he asked for lead. Being the good-natured person I am, I complied. At about 5%, it hadn't occurred to me that he hasn't invited his friend and the loot changes to ML.

Thankfully there was no mount, just rep tokens, but that seriously damaged my faith in people regarding these mobs.
    Tashar Moondancer
    Adamantoise

Battlemaster Sabria
    Lightning's Blade
    (H) Protection Paladin

It's been annoying me something chronic as an RPer, myself and a few friends have been after them for a while, but we keep seeing people either reset them (Because we've simply got no room to allow someone else in to the group) or forbid we've enough room throw a strop because we were giving them out based on rotation, not all needing.

I've asked myself several times why they made the spawn points so close to the cliffs, only the Krasarang one is fine. Other than that it's no problem imo. (By saying not a problem, I am talking about the design of the rares. I do how ever indeed thing it's a damn douche move to reset / grief.)

Quote Originally Posted by darkchas View Post
    This is a common issue deal with it?

If i see Horde attacking it. i will wipe them all out and retag the mob and kill it.
    If i see Alliance Ganking it. i will relog and gank them on my horde for the tag.

end of the day. if you are kiting it on a low geared person and cannot kill it quick. then you deserve to lose it. They take us less then 30 seconds to kill with 1 tank and 1 DK.

If your taking 10 minutes then its just laughable. and yes i'm not heroic geared or anything.
    Go away please.
    Last edited by Lulleh; 2013-03-16 at 01:56 PM.

Deleted
    It isn't bannable, I've seen a blue post about it somewhere on the forums.

Thought I'd just post my macro for tagging the rare:
    Code:
    /tar Zandalari Warbringer
    /stopmacro [noexists]
    /p I found %t !
    /castsequence reset=5 Heroic Throw, Charge, Taunt
    /script SetRaidTargetIcon("target",8)
    /script PlaySoundFile("Sound\\Creature\\Illidan\\BLACK_Illidan_04.wav") 
    /stopmacro [noexists]

Deleted
    I've asked myself several times why they made the spawn points so close to the cliffs

Isn't it obviously ?

They could have made them spawning in the middle of continent but choosed this instead. Also they didn't made them "faction taged" like the other rares in 5.2 , to promote cooperation.

IS obviously they want us to COMPETE . They want us to knockback them in abyss, to taunt-reset them , to fight for them . To PvP for them.

So stop wasting GM times with petitions, stop asking for them to be taunt imune or imune to knockbacks , cause is obviously why they are like this.

3 of them on the edge of the abyss and 2 of them near the sea... for easy resets.

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Isn't it obviously ?

They could have made them spawning in the middle of continent but choosed this instead. Also they didn't made them "faction taged" like the other rares in 5.2 , to promote cooperation.

IS obviously they want us to COMPETE . They want us to knockback them in abyss, to taunt-reset them , to fight for them . To PvP for them.

So stop wasting GM times with petitions, stop asking for them to be taunt imune or imune to knockbacks , cause is obviously why they are like this.

3 of them on the edge of the abyss and 2 of them near the sea... for easy resets.
    Pretty much this.

I've enjoyed farming these and I also enjoy fighting people for them if need be.

Quote Originally Posted by Laurerz View Post
    I imagine I'm not the only one by far having issues with this, so I thought I would right a thread to vent!

Since 5.2 many of us have been farming Zandalari Warbringers for the prospect of a mount or some rep. After a week, I already want them removed from the game. All they're doing is creating conflict between players. We sit and watch other people, whilst hoping they die so we can tag it instead, alternatively, SOME people are taunting the rare spawns and bugging them out so they respawn/evade.

Earlier today, someone, NOT even from my realm sat patiently whilst me & my friend got a warbringer down to 300k hp (which took about 10 minutes anyhow due to our poor geared kiting characters) and then decided to go bear form and taunt it off a cliff. Needless to say, we we're pretty angry; not only was this person completely malicious, but several people from my realm were watching him do it and did NOTHING to help. I honestly couldn't believe it.

"But you need a group to make it, surely it's also bringing people together?" I hear you say? No. I've seen many people solo this with good enough gear. From warlocks to DKs and Paladins to Hunters. And if you can solo it, why have anyone else there for a chance to roll for a possible mount? If you can't solo it., you ask a friend. A friend you already have because the majority of us won't just invite someone we don't know. On the occasion I have been invited to help someone, it was immediately set to master-loot and I wasn't entitled to any of the rep.

On top of this, Blizzard thought it would be a good idea to put in three colours from the rares. "But different colours are nice!" You say? Wrong. I'm a girl. I understand the importance of different colours. I must've spent atleast 5k on each character I have at the barbers alone. But seeing as this is a mount from a rare, people don't seem content with the awesome mount they've been lucky enough to acquire, oh no. They need ALL three colours. So after they receive the mount most of us haven't been lucky to even see drop, they go and try and get the others. More competition. I'm a fan of competition normally, but this? This is just a game of who will sink the lowest for their own selfish needs. Frankly, it disgusts me and as far as I'm concerned, these mounts have really brought the 'scum' out in some people.

Now, it's not all doom and gloom. I've met a couple of people in my travels for this mount, whilst waiting for spawns we joke and swap tips. Take bets on who will get the tag, and if it's me with my wicked quick Icelance finger, they actually stay and help. Vice versa. We also discuss which ones have recently respawn and the timers we think there on. Given I've put alot of time into farming these, I know I'm decreasing my chances by sharing this info with them, but if anyone were to get the mount it would make me happier knowing it went to good people.

Abit of an essay, but guys, remember just because it's a game doesn't give you the right to act malicious. It's uncalled for. We're all human. I'm not saying help everyone, invite the world. But don't set against sabotaging people. And if they're obviously not going to wipe, as much as your hoping they will, why not help kill it? And that'll set the timer to be sooner rather than the time you've wasted watching. Maybe they'll repay the kindness, maybe they wont.

I must've killed at least 12 of these mobs. Four of which have been made to bug out repeatedly by people. I've yet to see the mount drop, but I'm not going to lower myself for the chance.
    Ive killed 219 of them.... Only seen 2 mounts.. The first mount that dropped was the Amber one, and It had to be the first mod that I actually invited a friend to come kill because he was near, and the mount dropped and he won.... took us about 150 more kills to get another one.

I love when people get pissed at me (Im a blood DK so I can solo them) for not inviting them to to group to help kill it. I also love when people think they can solo them ( Saw a Spriest last week tryin to solo one) but then he died, and got pissed because "I didnt help him kill it so I could steal the tag". I didnt "Steal" the tag.. I got it fair and square. You Died, I got the tag. End of story.

Deleted
    I've killed +10 Warscouts and 2 Warbringers, and didn't had (yet, I presume) a single problem with other players and I play on a highly populated server (EU-Grim Batol).

In fact, players from both factions landed when i was kitting the Warbringers and were cheering and saluting me for the great job I was doing, and no one interfered. Since the patch, the only "problem" I ran into were 2 Hordes that killed me as soon as I summoned one of those "ethereal" Mogus at Isle of Thunder.

Guess I was lucky :P

P.S: And no, no mount so far... Only lots of Reputation Insignias and Bags of Supplies. Got a Primal Raptor from an Isle of Giant Egg though