Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    im sorry, but this is the way its supposed to be. its supposed to be hard to get. you are supposed to make an effort to get them be that staying up until 5am or making a group of 10 people and hope you win.

not everything in this game should be handed on a silver platter.
    You just remember that when I come along and use my knockback mechanics to reset your tag and then ninja it with my instant-tag traps.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Keilith View Post
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...6649722?page=1

There ya go. Evade bugging the warbringers is NOT against the rules. Have fun.
    Ack, sorry, not enough coffee this morning - I edited my original response. I re-reviewed the patchnotes and I think I was thinking of world bosses, my sincere apologies.
    They apparently haven't even thought about the possibility of this. It is most likely just a matter of time till they simply impliment the same policy they have for griefing and harassment in general or simply make them untauntable.

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    They apparently haven't even thought about the possibility of this. It is most likely just a matter of time till they simply impliment the same policy they have for griefing and harassment in general or simply make them untauntable.
    You conveniently omit the part of the blue post which does not support your statement. I have been kind enough to post the entire blue response in this reply.

<<<<<Ack, sorry, not enough coffee this morning - I edited my original response. I re-reviewed the patchnotes and I think I was thinking of world bosses, my sincere apologies.

But in any case - this is still not currently against any rules. By resetting the creature, that's a new fight and falls into the category of competition for resources/creatures.

Now, given these are near water, that doesn't mean you don't have a valid concern as this may be a bit easier pull this off than in other areas.

I'd recommend you write this up in General (it's not really a bug). I'd recommend focusing on the mechanic, instead of the 'griefing' aspect. WoW limits things like this through mechanics, primarily.>>>
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Einherjarn View Post
    They got the name Warbringer because they're part of the first invading "force", from Isle of Thunder. That's why they're placed on the coastlines/edges of the zones. Pretty sure they aren't ment for competition within your own faction by resetting the tag..

Yeah, for sure that's the explanation. They come from the abyss, that's why they are at the edge of it. It make sense now that you explained us.

Quote Originally Posted by Nivis View Post
    It's worth a try, though.
    Writing a ticket doesn't cost you anything (well, besides maybe 2 minutes of your time) - if nothing happens, well; but if so: win.
    I have stated earlier in this thread from a GM response that leashing mobs to force it to reset is NOT against Blizzard's in-game policy. So save yourself the disappointment.

---------- Post added 2013-03-16 at 06:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    Yeah, for sure that's the explanation. They come from the abyss, that's why they are at the edge of it. It make sense now that you explained us.
    lol "abyss"? Its a coastline, why do you think none of them are in Valley of Four Winds or Vale? or even mainland of all the other zones.

Quote Originally Posted by spectrefax View Post
    You just remember that when I come along and use my knockback mechanics to reset your tag and then ninja it with my instant-tag traps.
    yes, that's part of the game - in the first couple days I used to lose almost all warbringers to huntards or people spamming taunts and resetting. so i got 2 friends on horde side and 4 from guild and almost all of us now have a mount each.

admittedly, people being douches and resetting and taunting etc is bad design, but are you just gonna cry and wait for a fix from blizzard or will you take measures into your own hands?

Deleted
    If you can't stand the heat, get out of the kitchen.

You claim you don't care about the colours - there's a direhorn mount available from the new daily faction at exalted (which I'll be hitting tommorow, could have been done a day or two earlier if I'd done my daily heroics for rep). You can get this without any grief if farming the other ones are causing you stress.

I farmed the warbringers on my realm pretty hard on launch, practically had a monopoly on them for the first few days due to being able to solo them quicker than anyone else and it being a low pop realm - I had zero issues with people trying to disrupt my kills, there was a paladin from the other faction that was farming them and even helped on a few of them, as did a few other passers by. There were admittedly a few cases of people hovering around waiting to see'f I'd wipe (and I don't see why this is an issue, if I die then they deserve a go and vise versa), but no one has ever tried to actively hamper my kill.

I've stopped killing them for now since I got a Jade one, unfortunately it's the colour I like least, so I'll be farming them again eventually - I think the addition of the mobs to the game is ace.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just like everything else in life, if you aren't willing to fight for it, you didn't really want it (or deserve it).
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

If you can't beat them join them?

Im going to respec ele and go find me some warbringers now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vandam View Post
    That's where the Pterodactyl thingy comes in to play!
    Last edited by mmocfde342b214; 2013-03-16 at 07:06 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gephyrophobia View Post
    Or you can have fun with it and fight over them like everybody else. All out wars cross faction are awesome, In jade and kun lai's if you're a druid and you're getting roflpwnt by a group of allies you can leap off the cliff, about halfway down you can pop into flight form but you still have the tag, so then they either do the work for you or realize it and have to kill themselves to get it to reset. I've gotten myself all 3 and a few friends multiple ones and we've never griefed anybody who didn't mess with us first, but this is the most fun I've had while I'd normally be afking than I've had in wow in years.
    What your doing is griefing.
    Wrath baby and proud of it

I'm sad that Blizzard doesn't care about people griefing
    Hi Sephurik

Quote Originally Posted by FragmentedFaith View Post
    What your doing is griefing.
    No, that sounds more like "clever use of game mechanics."

I understand your frustration, but you don't -have- to kill these. You don't -have- to partake in the competition. If it's too frustrating for you, stop. If you really really just want the mount? Keep going.

Personally, I've met dozens of new friends while doing this. How? Just being nice and helpful. Even after I got my first mount, I continue running with them because now I want to see all of my new friends get their mounts too while I collect the others and complete the set. The key to having fun in highly competitive rare-farming is to not let other player's BS get to you.

And yes, I've had opposite faction players bug my warbringers, I've had people camp on top of me and steal my tag. But I let it roll off and just go to the next likely spawn point.

I was soloing one of these until a cunt came spamming taunt til it was reset,Burn in hell Mightyteacup-Outland

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Niiku View Post
    I understand your frustration, but you don't -have- to kill these. You don't -have- to partake in the competition. If it's too frustrating for you, stop. If you really really just want the mount? Keep going.
    This is true - but then again, I find it kinda sad that for some players, even a basic level of fair play is too much to ask for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night my stress level got over 9000, some jerk mage wanted to steal the tag everytime so they went to our spot everytime to steal it, damn my heart beats then twice as fast :3

Ofcourse they failed to even spam the right spot, so we got 3/4 of the tags of warbringers.

What did upset me alot is that they went on bugging him, at jade forest they pulled him into the mountain so he reseted. Which i'm pretty sure of is not allowed and can lead to a ban if im correct.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shekora View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    Goddamn it, Gimlix, why do you keep making these threads?

Deleted
    Agree on the taunting/resetting thing (glad I'm a blood DK). I have long teamed up with several mount-needers, though, as I didn't need the mount, but just some rep. And with 2 men the farming becomes a lot easier.

Guess what?? They will be there once all the hub bub has died down over them and do absolutely squat to improve my ability to kill a raid boss. Sooooooooooo What?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    I must say that after few days i consider warbringers a nail to coffin of server communities. Its sad that with all cross-server crap people simply stopped caring. Or maybe they never cared and were only afraid of punishment. Anyway i consider zandalari to be our mighties foes now. The one's who can drag inner cunt from even most normal people. Even old gods couldnt do it. :P