Compare the time Method has spent on bosses vs. the time Blood Legion has spent on bosses. It is highly unlikely Blood Legion beats method to the Lei Shen kill. I suppose it would happen though. BL killed, what... 7-8 bosses pretty much before the European servers were even up. Method made up that difference and passed Blood Legion during the first week.

Also, Lei Shen isn't the last progression boss. He may or may not end up being the hardest.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 03:21 AM ----------

Also, given another reset of gear... I doubt the 4% rumores were true... unless they got that absolutely infamous terribad 10man loot streak or something (like my guild did this week... literally 6-8 pieces of spirit/int mail with nobody to give it to) and basically aren't any stronger than they were before. I suppose that would be easy to determine with some armory snooping. They also probably had some sort of plan in place to attempt to funnel gear.

Especially with the thunderforged differences... if the bosses are truly difficult and tuned evenly... Paragon's chance of WF decreases with every reset as the 25s will further and further outstripe their gear level. They're already ahead.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is like the WoW equivalent of the final four. Rooting for BL, but Method has been tearing up lately. It'll be close.

Quote Originally Posted by Frylol View Post
    Not likely BL is the best the US has whether you haters like it or not.
    I never said I hated, or liked either guild. It was just an observation, jesus. Maybe you should grow up a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by ColbaneX View Post
    If it was to be an even playing field they would all do 10man. Wider margin of error on 25. Your logic is flawed, sorry.
    No, not really. The "margin of error" on a personal basis is exactly the same value in each difficulty (or so close that there is no real difference). The difference lies in the number of people executing specific mechanics, which I will grant you is somewhat offset by the fact that more raiders allows a more balanced and optimal raid composition.

The issue with the race for world first is they have 2.5x as many players who have to perform perfectly each and every pull. If anything the extreme difficulty just broadens the gap between the two. They aren't trying for near perfect pulls, they have to be flawless rendering any "margin of error" useless.

For example. For this case lets say you throw 10 darts and I throw 25, with us both trying to achieve an average as close as possible to the bullseye. You are correct in that a larger sample size allows for more deviation from the mean; however, that becomes less and less true as you lessen and eventually remove the luxury of deviation.

I understand that we are all opinionated and this is a touchy subject, I'm just strongly of the opinion that at least for a world first race there should be different categories. It is more difficult for 25 people to perform at the level, that all of the current 10/13+ guilds are performing at, than it is for 10 to do the same.

Rofl. The all famouse World First (not counting everyone who did it before us of course).

Well I guess the ring to it isn't that great :P.

Deleted
    Anyone stalking Paragons IRC Channel? Whats going on? Seems a bit strange that they can't kill Lei'Shen after the "4% wipe" (I now rumors.. but that one was coming from an actual Paragon member :P) last ID

Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    Anyone stalking Paragons IRC Channel? Whats going on? Seems a bit strange that they can't kill Lei'Shen after the "4% wipe" (I now rumors.. but that one was coming from an actual Paragon member :P) last ID
    Maybe RNG. You never know.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Akylios View Post
    Exorsus killed Iron Qon a few minutes ago and is most likely heading towards Twin Consorts as we speak.
    They have downed Twin Consorts last night, interesting!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    Totally and clearly, MMO-Champion is biased.
    Indeed. Just imagine Paragon the only guild to kill some of the 10M bosses pre-nerfs releasing a video of it and then mmoc picks up other video from other guild after-nerfs and posts it on front page because they 'like' that video more. ridiculous.

Infracted. -Azshira
    Last edited by Azshira; 2013-03-23 at 09:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Noirlama View Post
    I wonder what was the name of that member, because I'm quite certain that no one from our raid team has commented our progress in public

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daewyn View Post
    I wonder what was the name of that member, because I'm quite certain that no one from our raid team has commented our progress in public
    Maybe someones dbm replies "daewyn wiped lei shen 4%" or something.

I don't think Paragon is dumb enough to leave that shit enabled in their bossmod.
    Jsz
    <Losers Club> US-Alliance

d u m b c a s u a l s l u t

Quote Originally Posted by jsz View Post
    I don't think Paragon is dumb enough ...
    is Paragon dumb at all?

Still no Lei-Shen kill? Must be a real bitch on heroic

if the Russian guild kills Lei-Shen first, I'm gonna get very drunk. It's great to see new blood (sic!) in the race and they have been getting better and better as a contender over the past tiers (looking at their wowprogress)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Confucius View Post
    if the Russian guild kills Lei-Shen first, I'm gonna get very drunk. It's great to see new blood (sic!) in the race and they have been getting better and better as a contender over the past tiers (looking at their wowprogress)
    tho there is a chance ofc, a slight one, i can say it is impossible the russian guild Exorsus to get the world 1st lei shen since they are the last of the 11/13 guilds who managed to kill consorts so basically they need more time than the other guilds to figure out a way to defeat the thunder king.

Deleted
    Method should be able to grab the kill today/tomorrow, my inside source tells they are getting p3 tries and is laughing at how difficult this fight will be in 10man.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tinatus View Post
    Method should be able to grab the kill today/tomorrow, my inside source tells they are getting p3 tries and is laughing at how difficult this fight will be in 10man.
    Inside source..... sure.....

Inside source is his imagination, lol.