Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Well, I resubbed and bought MOP about 4 weeks ago, hit 90, sat on 3k valor until patch day, and here's what I'm sitting at:

Apparently this wont let me post a link to my armory so Asura on Blackrock

Before anyone says that I "got lucky" with RF, bear in mind that I only had 2 pieces of RF loot prior to 5.2 (Cloak/Offhand). Every other piece I literally got this week from RF, and repeating RF to use more of the ~20+ elder charms I got from the new dailies (got 2 keys, 1 from bags, 1 from a rare).

My whole issue with this is the valor from dailies dont really do much. I'm pretty much valor capped 2-3 days after the weekly reset but I have to continue grinding my dailies with pretty much only 1000 valor a week to spend, which should go towards the new Shado-Pan assault items since they're not going to be replaced until you get in a ToT guild. I really feel like valor has taken the place of justice this expansion and instead of "lower cost on 5.0/5.1 valor items" it should've just been justice points. Maybe they'd have to tweak the way you earn justice or whatnot, but overall I feel like my dailies that I have to do for rep so I can buy items that aren't even optimal for me so I can maybe get into a raiding guild is quite tiring. I dont mind grinding all the dailies every day, but when all I get out of it is some rep, and some lesser charms, it feels quite demoralizing. I'm about as well geared as I can be outside of my shoulders (going to buy conquest shoulders next week when arena opens so yeah). It's hard enough to get into the random shitty pugs that pop up that wind up not even being able to do old content since they say "NEED 490+ ILVL FOR N-MSV". Even sitting at 489, I can't really find a guild since everybody who's recruiting seems to want 495+. At this point, I'm not really sure what I can do other than herpderp through some more LFR, wait for the Valor to trickle in, buy the last 522 item and hopefully find a guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Charge me Doctor View Post
    And if you compare 5.0 daily quests to 5.2, you can see huge improvement, daily quests requires much less time to complete (especially with group)
    I just don't hear blood DKs or hunters or warlocks complain about how hard it is to quest. Priests on the other hand ....

Also, groups are a luxury experienced by people on servers that aren't dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    I just don't hear blood DKs or hunters or warlocks complain about how hard it is to quest. Priests on the other hand ....

Also, groups are a luxury experienced by people on servers that aren't dead.
    I don't mean that it is hard to quest, it takes long time to do GL, shadopan, kaxxi, and celestials dailies every day on multiple characters. They are spread on whole continent, it took almost two hours to complete all of them on 1 character. So i just looked at their rep rewards and grinded only those reps, which gave me better gear.
    Quote Originally Posted by Urban Dictionary
    Russians are a nation inhabiting territory of Russia an ex-USSR countries. Russians enjoy drinking vodka and listening to the bears playing button-accordions. Russians are open- and warm- hearted. They are ready to share their last prianik (russian sweet cookie) with guests, in case lasts encounter that somewhere. Though, it's almost unreal, 'cos russians usually hide their stuff well.

Quote Originally Posted by kojinshugi View Post
    This is no longer true. 5.0 LFR has ridiculously high drop rates on everything. Count on 1-2 epics per WING.
    I have completed it on all my toons of high enough ilevel this week and did not get a single drop. Increased drop rates are not guaranteed drops. Thanks for the vote of confidence though.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why is it never a matter of finding a game that you enjoy. Or do you enjoy being miserable while playing your hobby the most?
    Why is it always I should leave the game and never the game should be moderated? You want cataclysm 2.0 again? I've got other games I enjoy it doesn't mean I can't be critical of wow. Keep encouraging players to find other games though, I'm sure that's exactly what the developers and Blizzard Inc want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    you can get to 471 just by getting full heroic dungeon blues so it is kind of your own fault for not trying harder. and if you seriously think nax and ulduar were "starter raids" you obviously dont understand how patches work...
    471 without upgrades until 5.3? What?

Wotlk was way too casual friendly, we're sort of back to TBC style now, only improved.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonard McCoy View Post
    Why is it always I should leave the game and never the game should be moderated? You want cataclysm 2.0 again? I've got other games I enjoy it doesn't mean I can't be critical of wow. Keep encouraging players to find other games though, I'm sure that's exactly what the developers and Blizzard Inc want.
    The problem is that they can't give everyone playing the game everything they want exactly when they want it. You seem to be under the assumption that the problems you have with the game, caused by your own unique personal circumstances, are shared by all or at least some significant majority of the player base. I imagine you'd have a very hard time proving that is the case.

Ultimately you can whine 'til the cows come home but if Blizzard feels that catering to your personal tastes would negatively impact more players than it would help then you don't really have any choices other than to vote with your wallet and quit or learn to accept that the game is designed to cater to millions, not a single person, and focus on the things in the game that you have time for and enjoy.

Deleted
    You can get geared quite easily in 5.2... Some pieces of heroics gear, an odd piece of 476 pvp gear (mastery/hit/exp works for tanks) or Kirin Tor/Sunreaver rep 476 belt, you could possibly get a drop from sha/galleon/oondasta, fill the empty slots with the 450/463 BoE gear from AH (it's really cheap), on week 2 you can buy a 522 neck for Valor and you're sure to be over 460... With that you can go your first run of MSV LFR, maybe get a drop or two, fill the rest of the odd spots with previous methods, maybe get more valor for a 489 piece (remember, they cost half the VP they used to) and you should be able to get 470 on week 3, which means 10 chances for 483 gear in a week and your gearing problems are gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
    The problem is that they can't give everyone playing the game everything they want exactly when they want it. You seem to be under the assumption that the problems you have with the game, caused by your own unique personal circumstances, are shared by all or at least some significant majority of the player base. I imagine you'd have a very hard time proving that is the case.

Ultimately you can whine 'til the cows come home but if Blizzard feels that catering to your personal tastes would negatively impact more players than it would help then you don't really have any choices other than to vote with your wallet and quit or learn to accept that the game is designed to cater to millions, not a single person, and focus on the things in the game that you have time for and enjoy.
    Theirs nothing unique about my personal experience. If by unique you mean having a life outside the game and priorities that don't allow me to spend hours grinding fo r fucking gear than I don't think that's unique in the slightest. I think it is in fact the significant majority of the game. I think the people being catered to in mists are the minority.

The can give us what I want very easily I think. The suggestions I listed are but one step and wouldn't harm a single fucking fly. You could still daily your face off and go as slow as you like. I could dungeon and get gear in my limited time as well. Everyone is happy except the tiny minority of kids who don't want me to have epics because they get validation out of having epics.

Pug raids don't happen. They don't happen often enough, aren't reliable enough and are just more RNG. They were killed when raids started sharing a lock out. You really think the developers are telling the community no more new dungeons rely on /2 to gear you out?
    Then you're on a dead server. You just can't make statements like 'pug's dont happen' as there are thousands of them going on each day, just not on the dead, ultra low population realms.

Stop posting if you'r posting bullshit like this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crushima View Post
    Then you're on a dead server. You just can't make statements like 'pug's dont happen' as there are thousands of them going on each day, just not on the dead, ultra low population realms.

Stop posting if you'r posting bullshit like this.
    I'm on US-Arthas a fairly hi pop server. Pug raids don't happen. I say that because it's true but I say it in the sense that pug raids don't happen often enough (especially sucesfull ones) to make them as a reliable form of gear. I sure some do happen but for the purposes of catch up or even gearing up they don't happen with enough regularity or success to make them an effective tool. They don't happen. The shared lockout killed pug raiding. IT's DEAD JIM.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Why is it never a matter of finding a game that you enjoy. Or do you enjoy being miserable while playing your hobby the most?
    Wow is en progressionbased game, the enjoyment doesn't come from the journey but from reaching the goal.
    People get their enjoyment in having bis-items in every slot. Now getting those bis items doesn't need to be fun.... players will grind the hell out of themselves, some even get a burn-out (just stop here and think: people getting a but-out playing a game and above all of it, paying to play that game!].
    It is not about the grind, it isn't even about the game and the enjoyment it brings... it is about getting the reward and hoping that as less as possible others will get it, so they have something to show for.

So, people don't play to enjoy the enjoy the game and the journey they play to achieve everything possible by the end of a xpac. They find their enjoyment in that......
    Blizzard seems to turn around this xpac and build the game also like that. So it is something we have to get use to or find another game to play. What else can you do?

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    Wow is en progressionbased game, the enjoyment doesn't come from the journey but from reaching the goal.
    People get their enjoyment in having bis-items in every slot. Now getting those bis items doesn't need to be fun.... players will grind the hell out of themselves, some even get a burn-out (just stop here and think: people getting a but-out playing a game and above all of it, paying to play that game!].
    It is not about the grind, it isn't even about the game and the enjoyment it brings... it is about getting the reward and hoping that as less as possible others will get it, so they have something to show for.

So, people don't play to enjoy the enjoy the game and the journey they play to achieve everything possible by the end of a xpac. They find their enjoyment in that......
    Blizzard seems to turn around this xpac and build the game also like that. So it is something we have to get use to or find another game to play. What else can you do?
    It's a skinner box and it always has been and always will be. The developers recognize this when they added gear to dailies to make them "compelling". That's fine, I'm all for that. When they add to many gates and grinds it just adds to the frustration of trying to get to that cheese and eventually even the mouse will give up.

15+ Year Old Account
    Theirs nothing unique about my personal experience. If by unique you mean having a life outside the game and priorities that don't allow me to spend hours grinding fo r fucking gear than I don't think that's unique in the slightest. I think it is in fact the significant majority of the game. I think the people being catered to in mists are the minority.

The can give us what I want very easily I think. The suggestions I listed are but one step and wouldn't harm a single fucking fly. You could still daily your face off and go as slow as you like. I could dungeon and get gear in my limited time as well. Everyone is happy except the tiny minority of kids who don't want me to have epics because they get validation out of having epics.
    Having a life outside the game does not preclude you from doing dailies, running LFR, crafting gear, or PvPing. You said you didn't WANT to do those things. You could do those things even with limited play time, and doing so would get you gear. But those things are not your single most personally preferred potential method of getting gear and so you think the game should be redesigned to accommodate you. We get it.

They can "give you what you want" very easily? Sure they can. Was that ever in question? I didn't think we were discussing whether or not they're theoretically capable of catering to you personally. They are, it's just that doing so would have a more negative than positive impact on the game than you're willing to admit. If they removed rep requirements for valor gear, boosted valor gains, and increased/eliminated the valor cap combined with the already reduced cost of valor items you'd just log in one day when you had some free time and chain run heroics. By the end of the day you'd have all the valor gear available and no reason to log in again because you don't enjoy raiding, PvPing, dailies, or pretty much anything the game offers except for apparently getting epics super fast and with minimal effort.

I do love your last sentence though. You seem so offended by the idea of someone getting any sense of accomplishment from having epics, yet the core of all your complaining is that you can't get epics and other people have them and waaaahh.

Deleted
    here we go again Leonard McCoy on his favourite subject. Dude instead of the whining on the forums all day, spend 1 hour a day to actually do something in a game and you would be fine.

Quote Originally Posted by Sevenfold View Post
    Having a life outside the game does not preclude you from doing dailies, running LFR, crafting gear, or PvPing. You said you didn't WANT to do those things. You could do those things even with limited play time, and doing so would get you gear. But those things are not your single most personally preferred potential method of getting gear and so you think the game should be redesigned to accommodate you. We get it.

They can "give you what you want" very easily? Sure they can. Was that ever in question? I didn't think we were discussing whether or not they're theoretically capable of catering to you personally. They are, it's just that doing so would have a more negative than positive impact on the game than you're willing to admit. If they removed rep requirements for valor gear, boosted valor gains, and increased/eliminated the valor cap combined with the already reduced cost of valor items you'd just log in one day when you had some free time and chain run heroics. By the end of the day you'd have all the valor gear available and no reason to log in again because you don't enjoy raiding, PvPing, dailies, or pretty much anything the game offers except for apparently getting epics super fast and with minimal effort.

I do love your last sentence though. You seem so offended by the idea of someone getting any sense of accomplishment from having epics, yet the core of all your complaining is that you can't get epics and other people have them and waaaahh.
    It precludes you from investing as much time into the "time sink" game for you to get reward out of the game. I don't want to do those things because they don't reward me enough for the amount of time invested in them. I end up doing them (when I was subbed) because I had very little choice in the matter (save unsubbing) since nothing else would reward me enough. I could do those things with limited time and still get nowhere in terms of progression or reward, where as the guy with the time on his hands could do them and more and get further.

By the same token giving you what you wanted in this expansion has had a more negative impact than anything they did in cataclysm. If they followed my suggestiosn I would do exactly that. Login and chain run heroics for gear because that's flexible. If I have a couple of hours I can invest it in a heroic and get some GUARANTEED reward out of it. By the end of the day I'd have some (not all valor is still capped) of the reward in the game. You can still feel free to do all those things you listed I don't see why I should be forced to. YES FORCED to be sucked in by the games time sink. In fact I wasn't forced I left and so did many others. Many others will continue to follow I feel.

I'm not offended by someone getting a sense of accomplishment out of a video game. I think it's childish when they get upset that I get gear easy and I think it's childish when they take that to somehow invalidate their accomplishment. The core of my complaint is that activities in the game simple aren't rewarding enough anymore and it's because a minority of children cried loud enough to get the developers ear. wahhhh.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 10:38 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    here we go again Leonard McCoy on his favourite subject. Dude instead of the whining on the forums all day, spend 1 hour a day to actually do something in a game and you would be fine.
    I'd get nowhere in the game.
    Last edited by Leonard McCoy; 2013-03-11 at 10:41 AM.

Deleted

I'd get nowhere in the game.
    maybe try a game that suits your skill level then, I heard Free Realms are easy enough, you should chceck it out,
    they rerward you with nice things too, you don't even need to earn it in the game, just use your credit card and you're golden.

Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    maybe try a game that suits your skill level then, I heard Free Realms are easy enough, you should chceck it out.
    I'm probably ten times the player you are but that's neither here nor there. My skill level isn't the issue. The amount of "work" (time investment) I have to put into the game to get any reward out of it is.

It's a skinner box and it always has been and always will be. The developers recognize this when they added gear to dailies to make them "compelling". That's fine, I'm all for that. When they add to many gates and grinds it just adds to the frustration of trying to get to that cheese and eventually even the mouse will give up.
    I fully agree... and from my own experience: I haven't logged onto the game for 6 weeks now.... I am subbed though... but just not wanting to log on.
    I play since tbc... and this is the only time since I started playing that when I have the time to log on, I just don't feel like it.
    This happens quite a lot during MoP; earlier I also didn't log on for a month.....

So yeah, I agree, the mouse will give up at a certain point.

Deleted
    I'm probably ten times the player you are but that's neither here nor there. My skill level isn't the issue. The amount of "work" (time investment) I have to put into the game to get any reward out of it is.
    hahah yeah sure you are, said the guy struggling to get gear enough to join LFR.
    You know what, show me you got balls and do something instead of crying like a little pussy and asking for free epics all the time.