Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalyyn View Post
    This has the potential to ruin space exploration forever. Think about it.

All of the most terrifying creatures on earth are in the ocean. So what if we send a probe to Europa, and the first alien life we ever find looks like this?

Suddenly nobody wants to be an astronaut anymore.

I have no limits.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

This has the potential to ruin space exploration forever. Think about it.

All of the most terrifying creatures on earth are in the ocean. So what if we send a probe to Europa, and the first alien life we ever find looks like this?
    http://images.wikia.com/seamonsters/images/2/22/Leviathan.jpg[/img]

Suddenly nobody wants to be an astronaut anymore.
    If that exists on Europa I'd switch careers in a heart bit.

Not as an astronaut, though. Just the scientists on the ground cheering the astronauts off as they depart on their 10 year journey into the heart of the worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I have no limits.
    There's so much wrong in what I could reasonably imply about you according to this statement.
    __

Does anyone have a NASA funding graph with accurate representations for 2008-2012 and 2013 fiscal years?

Quote Originally Posted by Speaknoevil View Post
    There's so much wrong in what I could reasonably imply about you according to this statement.
    __

Does anyone have a NASA funding graph with accurate representations for 2008-2012 and 2013 fiscal years?
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Budget_of_NASA

Quote Originally Posted by obdigore View Post
    We should really quadruple the NASA budget =(

Inb4 "fiscal conservatives" crying about waste while overlooking trillions spent.

10+ Year Old Account
    I read something last week about a private company looking to send a male/female couple on a flyby of Mars. The company's website listed its corporate and research partners. In the profile of one of those research partners, the company was already testing probes that can drill/melt through ice-covered planets (or moons in this case) and deliver a submersible. The probe and submersible are built and the relay probe that would be planted on the surface is under construction now. I wish I had bookmarked the company's site, but I'm sure you can find it using "couple mars mission" or something.

In any event, it sounded as though the technology to explore Europa has been in the works for some time.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post

Inb4 "fiscal conservatives" crying about waste while overlooking trillions spent.
    Ironically most of NASA's budget goes into R&D or manufacturing by private companies who bid for NASA contracts.

Deleted
    ALL THESE WORLDS ARE YOURS EXCEPT EUROPA.
    ATTEMPT NO LANDING THERE.

Thankfully, seeing the attitudes of my beloved Americans, NASA will not be in any kind of shape to land first on Europa.
    It would be cool if the first landing on Europa was made by Europe

Although as Arthur C. Clarke predicted, probably it will be the Chinese, trying to use the Europa as a refueling station for their fusion-powered spaceships*!

C'mon, ESA, step it up!

*which ended up eaten by the worm in the pic.

Deleted
    I read the entire thread thinking this was about Europe...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Oskz View Post
    I read the entire thread thinking this was about Europe...
    It is! We keep those giant water worms as pets.
    We have very large fish tanks...

10+ Year Old Account

I rather fix our problems on Earth and not...space. I'm a Spacephobic.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    but i think it's time we start developing a craft that will fly to Europa since there is a much bigger chance we will find bacterial life on Europa than Mars and if anything that is the most important discovery of all time
    Thought the odds of bacterial life on mars was approaching 100% by now.. to find it we would just have to look where we have already been

This is not to say that would be a meaningful thing to find even if true

The point of course being that the only way to ensure meaningful results is to not actually land anything there, if you bring anything then, to quote some source i cannot remember which, life will find a way (the quote probably not relating to Mars though it might i really cannot remember)

10+ Year Old Account

Space is filled with giant, mineral rich rocks with no environmental protection laws.

How about inb4 fiscal conservatives start jizzing their pants uncontrollably.

Humans need something to explore and conquer. Giant worms will fill that void nicely.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

We explore space for the good of Earth and all humankind. Who the hell think space exploration = fixing problems in space?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    Humans need something to explore and conquer. Giant worms will fill that void nicely.

Yeah and then....I've seen too many movies.

We explore space for the good of Earth and all humankind. Who the hell think space exploration = fixing problems in space?

Aliens

Warrior-Magi

Space is filled with giant, mineral rich rocks with no environmental protection laws.

How about inb4 fiscal conservatives start jizzing their pants uncontrollably.
    Only when we have the technology/infrastructure to actually make it profitable. Right now people don't seem to want to get there.

---------- Post added 2013-03-11 at 05:48 AM ----------

Aliens
    Nope, still makes no sense.

Except the study of space has led to many vital inventions we use on a daily basis... like air conditioner, contacts, memory foam, long-distance communication, shoe insoles, ear thermometer, smoke detectors, and water filters etc

Nope, still makes no sense.
    The aliens will clearly move to America and either get government jobs or go on welfare.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bigfootbigd View Post
    Except the study of space has led to many vital inventions we use on a daily basis... like air conditioner, contacts, memory foam, long-distance communication, shoe insoles, ear thermometer, smoke detectors, and water filters etc
    Doesn't change the fact I'm a Spacephobic. Secondly your sig....what if it's not the woman we need right now?

Warrior-Magi