Thread: LFR Drop Rates

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

LFR Drop Rates

Before you start flaming this is not a "complete" QQ

I have just completed Terrace of Endless and the last half of Heart of Fear in Patch 5.2 predictably I received no drops from a total of 7 Bosses and using 6 bonus rolls so 13 failed drops in total. While this completely sucks and frustrates the hell out of me, does anyone know what the actual new drop rates are and what the odds would actually be in missing 13 drops?? I am no mathmetician so if anyone knows it would be an interesting thing to find out.

On to the semi QQ, I am not one of those people who feel I deserve to have all the best loot and that uber Two-Hander, and almost certainly you all have shared my grief at one time but one drop out of 13 should be guaranteed, given it is LFR/Old Raids with an Increased Loot drop rate. I have an Ilevel of 470 so its impossible for me to enter the new raids without grinding valor for 3 weeks or getting some drops.

Solution would be to just double the drop (or something similar) rate chance every time you receive no loot in a raid. Once a peice of loot is dropped(whether it be a duplciate item or useless or an upgrade) the "rolling" increase can be reset. This must be possible and would just be some kind of multiplier on the player. This should probably be just kept to LFR or maybe just old tier raids only, but somethign should be done about this.

Cheers

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    I went to LFR this week and got nothing out of Terrace but then ran it again with coins and got my shoulders and my helm. The drop rate is definitely higher than it was before but there are times where you won't get anything. The patch has only been out for a week. Try again this week before you QQ about the drop rates. They aren't going to make it so you are guaranteed loot every time you go in there. They need to have some excitement to it when you get an item.

10+ Year Old Account
    sorry about your luck heasy1, i definitely feel you. I did count myself fortunate getting a solitary piece out of my 6 bosses this week. think out of my 5 "failbags" I only got something other than gold out of 2 and that was flasks.

I was lucky enough to find a chest on Isle of Thunger and got a key to Lei-Shen's goodies. Got a totalt of 13 Elder Charm's of Good Fortune.
    After that I was so ready to run all LFR. Msv, HoF, ToeS and Galleon i got 7 items in total, 5 of wich I wanted. 4 of them from Bonus Rolls.

And from the bags I got a few Motes of Harmony and 2 Blood Spirits.
    Same happend with my monk. And I'm gonna run all LFR today or tomorrow with 15 Elder Charm's of Good Fortune.
    Wish me luck!
    Last edited by FraQture; 2013-03-11 at 01:37 PM.

I've ran Lei Shi since available in LFR, and used coins on her every week on my rogue, and I've never gotten a *drop* from her except for bags.

I know "random is random" but damn does that get frustrating...

10+ Year Old Account
    We had an alt run this saturday and I got loot from like every extra roll I did on my alt there. I was luck to get the key to singleplayer scenario and got like 15 elder charms for 5,1 raids. So I pretty much trust they upped their droprates in lfr and extra roll stuff.

check here http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...ak/Vashir/feed

Just Sandals was the loot physicaly dropped by Tsulong. Other items was extra rolls.
    Last edited by Vashi; 2013-03-11 at 02:19 PM.
    Retired... but for how long? WAS DRAGGED TO THE LEGION HYPETRAIN!!!

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Vashiq/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TyrantWave View Post
    I've ran Lei Shi since available in LFR, and used coins on her every week on my rogue, and I've never gotten a *drop* from her except for bags.

I know "random is random" but damn does that get frustrating...
    Almost the same on my rogue. I got the trinket and belt(the same belt I have gotten 5 times so far, once twice in the same lfr). No dagger yet.

Deleted
    Only ran LFR to see the droprate once to have an idea of it when i go with alts later and i got loot from 3/4 bosses in terrence and something like 3/6 in HoF, might have been 4. No coins.

10+ Year Old Account
    The old chance was 16%, and the new chance is greater than rolling a coin on every boss.

That is, the new chance is greater than 0.16 + (0.84)(0.16) = 29.44%

I'm going to assume that the new drop rate is 30%, and you were very unlucky.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Heck, I ran Terrace this week on my sub normal level raid geared DK and got a chest piece (UPGRADE!) AND the sha touched axe. In one run, no coins. Incredibly bad luck you have, mate!
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Just so I ask out in the open, does the increased drop rate effect the use of Elder Charms as well, or just initial drops? If it doesn't effect it then I might just save them all for Mogu coins.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Just so I ask out in the open, does the increased drop rate effect the use of Elder Charms as well, or just initial drops? If it doesn't effect it then I might just save them all for Mogu coins.
    I believe they said they upped the chances for drops from Elder Charm rolls as well. By the way, Elder Charms and Mogu coins are different currencies, and are used on different raids. Elder Charms are for 5.0 content, and Mogu coins are for 5.2 content. You cannot get Elder Charms with Lesser Charms anymore (as far as I can tell, the lesser charm quest only gives Mogu coins now), you can however get Elder Charms various ways on Thunder Isle (in rare drop bags, in quest bags, and from chests in the solo loot scenario).

To add my experience, I only ran 2 LFRs this week, going for specific items, and I got 3/6 items from regular rolls, and 1/2 using coins. Not exactly a large sample, but still more loot than I've gotten any week in LFR.

I did every boss in the available Raid Finder last week on my Shammy. I got 1 piece so for me that was an increase of 100% to the prior 3 weeks, I dont have coins on my sham as he is an alt and main needs nothing from LFR. But I did get 15 bags all with gold in them, lol it was even less than the usual 28g50s it was 28g17s lame.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Saving your elder charms for mogu coins would be pointless, since it uses the lesser charms.
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

Damn, the existance of threads like this proves that LFR has pretty much nothing to do with raiding.

When you raid, whether it's a normal mode casual guild, or a pusing to heroics one, or a completly hardcore, what happens after killing a boss? Either it's a boss you simply nuke because you killed him so many times already or it's a progress kill. In the first case players are glad that they are getting closer to their main dish for today, and also feel getting progresively better on this partucular encounter. After killing a progress boss, players are happy, proud of themselves and ready for more.

NOBODY goes like "nah, i'm not going to raid, progress whatever. I need a belt from the boss x, and it doesn't wanna drop, so with ilvl being a bit lower I'm raging and quitting the game". Raids are for fun, not for gear, and gear is just a trophy to be additionally happy with - and also a term of progress, but since the gear is distributed evenly, your self-esteem does not really matter.

Raids are for fun, not for "omgwtf, not getting anything from this lootbag, gonna move to another lootbag but it will be empty as well screw u blizz"

At the end of the day, drop rates are drop rates and luck is luck

Quote Originally Posted by Daveon View Post
    I believe they said they upped the chances for drops from Elder Charm rolls as well. By the way, Elder Charms and Mogu coins are different currencies, and are used on different raids. Elder Charms are for 5.0 content, and Mogu coins are for 5.2 content. You cannot get Elder Charms with Lesser Charms anymore (as far as I can tell, the lesser charm quest only gives Mogu coins now), you can however get Elder Charms various ways on Thunder Isle (in rare drop bags, in quest bags, and from chests in the solo loot scenario).

To add my experience, I only ran 2 LFRs this week, going for specific items, and I got 3/6 items from regular rolls, and 1/2 using coins. Not exactly a large sample, but still more loot than I've gotten any week in LFR.

Well I knew the difference between raid tiers and coins, but...

Quote Originally Posted by Kagonos View Post
    Saving your elder charms for mogu coins would be pointless, since it uses the lesser charms.

Didn't realize this, never took a look at the quest that much, just saw what I was earning was good towards Mogu Coins.

Thanks guys! Will definitely b e using my elder charms asap

Deleted
    Well glad to see some of you have witnessed the better drop rate, fingers crossed next time. I wont give, up I still remember running WOTLK 25 man raid 15 + times for that bloody trinket.

I am sure its been said somewhere on this site but has the sigils increased as well? I currently have 4 of each and do hope to catch up on the Legendary quest. I got none of those as well.......
    Last edited by mmoc2aca56d9ed; 2013-03-12 at 05:20 PM.

Did LFR last night full clear and got 22 shards. Prolly coulda went from greens to full epics in that run.

Quote Originally Posted by anaxie View Post
    Did LFR last night full clear and got 22 shards. Prolly coulda went from greens to full epics in that run.
    Between two of my alts, one that only did ToES and second half HoF and the other that did everything, I got 14 pieces of loot. I used 13 bonus rolls altogether. It's still not the 50% loot chance I was hoping for (well maybe it is RNG is RNG) to make gearing an alt to close to best in slot LFR being around a month process, yet it still took both of my 370 characters past 380 and eligible for the new LFR.

Really though to the people saying that they did all of the bosses, used bonus rolls and still didn't get anything, I think you're exaggerating for whatever reason (sympathy from people on the internet you don't know maybe?). It's around a 99.7% chance of getting something on a boss assuming a 30% drop rate and no bonus rolls (1-(.7^16)) compared to the old 13% chance of it occurring. Add in even just 6 bonus rolls (when in reality getting 10 elder charms from one trove and one solo scenario run is a complete breeze) and you're looking at a 99.96% chance of getting loot.

For reference: http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i...obabilityWord-

TLDR; The correlation between incredibly bad luck and QQ is either very high or people really love to lie in this thread.