Stream settings for slow upload speed?

I'm wondering if anyone can give me some insight into what to put my stream settings at for a slow upload (1mb/s) speed.

I tried 1920x1080, 800 bitrate, 30 fps and it looked good, but whenever I moved my character the screen would pixelate very badly. I turned the FPS down the 20 and upped the bitrate to 1000 and it just caused the screen on stream to freeze every 5 seconds or so. Not sure where to go from here.

I'm using FFSplit as my streaming software. Would a different (possibly a paid) program give me better quality?

Hi Beep - I'm using OBS to stream at 800 kb/s up (Australia internet ftw), and I find it very watchable if I go into the video settings and set the compression to very slow. What processor do you have?

Also, 1080p is not really doable at this upload speed. I would personally do 720p
    Last edited by Definition; 2013-03-11 at 02:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    Not sure where to go from here.
    Down, hard. Try 720p 20fps 800bitrate to see if that looks usable. If not, you might need to scale even further down (for example 960x540 is exact half of 1080p). Youtube's 720p stream is 1500kbps and 1080p is 4500kbps so your 800kbps will look shit in comparison no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    I'm using FFSplit as my streaming software. Would a different (possibly a paid) program give me better quality?
    Open Broadcaster is currently best option, free or otherwise.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    What the guys above said, 1080p you need some bandwidth. The more movement you have in your stream, the more bandwidth you're gonna need.
    I'm streaming at 720p, veryfast preset, 30 fps and cannot go below 2000 kbps without dropping frames.
    Also, by lowering the preset, you are increasing cpu power needed to encode at a reduced bandwidth cost.Very slow is not recommended, what CPU do you have? I'll link a thread from the xsplit forum that is a decent guide for streaming settings.
    Open broadcaster software is very very good, low resource usage and it's free.
    https://www.xsplit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=13243
    this is a good reference thread, use google when in doubt and experiment . Gluck!