Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    i see no new dailies in stage 3, same crap as before

Quote Originally Posted by Twotonsteak View Post
    This is simply ridiculous. Both Tailors and Leatherworkers were able to perform their daily CD (and learn new patterns) with the release of the patch. To make Blacksmiths wait four stages AND kill a "mini-boss" for the chance that a quest item, which leads to new patterns, will drop is BS. (I've heard BS have to solo the "mini-boss" as well. Is this true or can a group do it?)

As for server progression, Turaylon was around 92% (I think) as of yesterday. Participation has dropped. I know I don't do it half the time for the simple fact that the rep has nothing for my main, other than maybe the mount.
    Amen, brother. It wouldn't be quite as bad if Lightning Steel wasn't going to have that 24 hour cooldown, but 4 weeks waiting to camp an elite I may or may not be able to solo, to get 1-per-day recipe? Total shaft.

Why is this still a thread? Just to post what your % is?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah. New dailies after you've done the old dailies. If you're already exalted with the Sunreaver Onslaught, they're not worth doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Otiswhitaker View Post
    It's kind of bull how Leatherworkers and tailors got their daily CD with new recipes right on patch day, but blacksmiths have to wait four damned weeks.
    Its not like we are going to be able to get the Haunting spirits needed to make the new patterns for a while anyway. What i dont get is why they are selling blood spirits and not haunting spirits for valor points. at least one of the items i can make as a tailor is my BIS piece, but it will be months before i get enough haunting spirits to make it. My new patterns feel pretty useless if i cant make them.

Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    Its not like we are going to be able to get the Haunting spirits needed to make the new patterns for a while anyway. What i dont get is why they are selling blood spirits and not haunting spirits for valor points. at least one of the items i can make as a tailor is my BIS piece, but it will be months before i get enough haunting spirits to make it. My new patterns feel pretty useless if i cant make them.
    Not entirely true, I would like to craft the Crafted Dreadful gear for instance. Cloaks can already be made.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adeltor View Post
    whats new in stage 3 anyway?
    moar dailies

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zatheyll View Post
    EU must have gotten a boost in the first stage to catch up with US then. The disparity was pretty large between the US and EU in the first few days.

Dalaran US 29%.
    Maybe because US was open 1 day earlier..?
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shodan30 View Post
    You still need time to make them, because you have no control over what recipe procs each day. You could get EVERY single recipe of 458 crafted PvP before getting your first crafted 522 recipe, and given the different classes/specs/off pieces, that could be weeks before you get the 522 you actually want.

LW, for instance, I recall has something like ~80-ish days of procs to get all 458/522 recipes, given that they have to account for 458 gear for 3 specs of druids, 2 specs of monks, rogues, 3 specs of shaman, and hunters, plus off-set pieces.

15+10+5+15+5= That's 50 days just to get the 5 458 set pieces for all class/spec combinations.

BS has less, sure, with only 1 DK, 1 Warrior, 2 Pally, or 20 days to get all of the 5 458 set pieces (not even counting the off set pieces) but you also have the weapons, AND you have the fact BS starts weeks after tailor/LW.

Just seems a really odd decision.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-03-19 at 09:56 PM.

Deleted
    To make Blacksmiths wait four stages AND kill a "mini-boss" for the chance that a quest item, which leads to new patterns, will drop is BS.
    Fitting, don't you think?

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 10:10 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Fallinsinner View Post
    Yeah. New dailies after you've done the old dailies. If you're already exalted with the Sunreaver Onslaught, they're not worth doing.
    What do you mean not worth doing? It's fun and challenging content!

Deleted
    EU Khaz'goroth just hit Stage 3 this morning. And I allready hate that "jump n' run weekly quest" where you have to collects the different parts of the body.

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgoose View Post
    You still need time to make them, because you have no control over what recipe procs each day. You could get EVERY single recipe of 458 crafted PvP before getting your first crafted 522 recipe, and given the different classes/specs/off pieces, that could be weeks before you get the 522 you actually want.

LW, for instance, I recall has something like ~80-ish days of procs to get all 458/522 recipes, given that they have to account for 458 gear for 3 specs of druids, 2 specs of monks, rogues, 3 specs of shaman, and hunters, plus off-set pieces.

15+10+5+15+5= That's 50 days just to get the 5 458 set pieces for all class/spec combinations.

BS has less, sure, with only 1 DK, 1 Warrior, 2 Pally, or 20 days to get all of the 5 458 set pieces (not even counting the off set pieces) but you also have the weapons, AND you have the fact BS starts weeks after tailor/LW.

Just seems a really odd decision.
    Technically the weapons are not learned randomly at all, you learn all first tier versions, and crafting each till teach you the second tier (I'm assuming the 3rd tier will behave the same). The only limitation is the Lightning Steel cooldown.

Considering most people are hitting Exalted right about now.. progression for the next stages is going to take a very long time..
    Our participation right now is 22%. twenty-two.

This is simply ridiculous. Both Tailors and Leatherworkers were able to perform their daily CD (and learn new patterns) with the release of the patch. To make Blacksmiths wait four stages AND kill a "mini-boss" for the chance that a quest item, which leads to new patterns, will drop is BS. (I've heard BS have to solo the "mini-boss" as well. Is this true or can a group do it?)

As for server progression, Turaylon was around 92% (I think) as of yesterday. Participation has dropped. I know I don't do it half the time for the simple fact that the rep has nothing for my main, other than maybe the mount.
    I would like to point out an interesting fact about this.

Profession # of Recipes Learnable
    Leathworking 84
    Tailoring 40
    Blacksmithing 56

Out of those 56, 12 patterns are not learned from the Lightning Steel CD but rather from crafting the weapons which you get the plans for with the Lightning Steel plans. So that's only 44 patterns you have to learn from the Lightning and even though you have started 3 weeks after the rest of us you still going to learn all your recipes about 2 weeks before the leather workers do and about 2 weeks after tailors so really there is no problem.

Are these new dailies PvE dailies, PvP dailies or both? I did PvP dailies yesterday for the first time and didn't get an "extra" set, and the dailies are all in the same area in the Kirin Tor area, so I doubt any of them were knew.

There have been new ones added in, at least for PvE.

Quote Originally Posted by XstenZ View Post
    Doesnt matter what you say, Ive seen cloth, leather and mail BoEs on AH since last week.
    Exactly, it's not about time spent learning recipes, it's about profitability and sitting on the sidelines while others are possibly making shit tons of gold.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    There have been new ones added in, at least for PvE.
    Exactly, it's not about time spent learning recipes, it's about profitability and sitting on the sidelines while others are possibly making shit tons of gold.
    I have to agree here... I have all three professions on alts and am making "shit-tons" of gold with tailoring and leatherworking... just churning masterwerks and buckles with BS for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    It's not really a competition though. I mean it's not like some plate wearers are going to go with tailoring pieces instead because there's no BS ones available. The demand won't be diminished by other professions getting their recipes first. The real problem with the delay is that the demand will be diminished by raid drops in the meantime.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 01:33 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Gary588 View Post
    Is Lightning Forge Stage 2 or 3?
    I think 3 is "uncovering the lightning forges" or something. So it's either just now available or not even yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Magpai View Post
    It's not really a competition though. I mean it's not like some plate wearers are going to go with tailoring pieces instead because there's no BS ones available. The demand won't be diminished by other professions getting their recipes first. The real problem with the delay is that the demand will be diminished by raid drops in the meantime.[COLOR="red"]

You're looking at it the wrong way, some of us don't have other toons with other professions maxed out, and we're missing out on the money, period. I could be using that money for upgrades, enchants, gems, etc. It's very simple.

Deleted
    EU-Thunderhorn horde - Stage 3 41% - participation 30% 17:15 CET