Have dungeons been improved any?

Havent played in months. Have mobe been given more reasonable hp and burst or are dungeons still full of assraping 1 shots like Catacombs was at release?

10+ Year Old Account
    Ascalonian Catacombs was recently revamped. It's quite good now.

They are revamping all the dungeons to be more like the Fractals which is a good move - those encounters are fun with interesting mechanics. You should give it a shot.

More people know how to play their professions now, that makes a huge difference too.
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-03-11 at 04:24 PM.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Like Karizee said, AC (Ascalonian Catacombs) was the only dungeon so far that's been revamped. I've heard mixed stories though, that it still kind of sucks. But overall I've heard that the changes weren't THAT big. Just enough to make them more bearable. Hopefully, the next dungeon revamps are closer to fractals than anything. There's a bunch of dungeons I haven't ran yet because not only do they not offer a proper reward (aside the tokens but unless you plan on getting the dungeon skin set, it's useless), but they are a big pain in the ass.

They need to rework rewards so that everyone would want to do all the dungeons, not just a select few.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Deleted
    Heard it was difficult now (AC). I haven't re tried yet...

Quote Originally Posted by alexFragoso View Post
    Heard it was difficult now (AC). I haven't re tried yet...
    Heard the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Havent played in months. Have mobe been given more reasonable hp and burst or are dungeons still full of assraping 1 shots like Catacombs was at release?
    AC as mentioned has been revamped. Though mobs are still HP heavy- a byproduct of how combat is designed, will always be like this more than likely.

Not sure about "assraping" 1-shots. As that was not my experience in the beta or release. Anet did make some bosses more "interesting" in AC. Bosses do more stuff now. Given that this is an action game it all follows the same basic style of kiting/auto attack/BURST though.

The game is more refined than at release. However, it's not a huge revamp. The game is mostly built as it was, following the same style and concepts as it was advertised & delivered.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it amusing that the people complaining about high HP are the one's saying the combat has no depth and all you have to do is use auto-attack ;-)
    Valar morghulis

Well, auto attack default 1 key is usually vital to damage output. For example, a Sword/Sword Warrior only uses 2 abilities on CD and the rest is dependent on stickiness. GS Warriors are AAing more often then they use offensive CDs. Which are at the shortest pressing 1 button every 6/seconds, iirc.

Or D/D Thief which is rather binary unless you need to OH4. Shortbow Ranger attempts to max 1 autos aswell. IIRC, the time window for Ranger using shortbow is like 7 or so seconds of purely AAs-- which is also the highest damage for a Ranger in time-to-death.

MH Sword Mesmer only uses a primary skill once every 6/s too, with Torch/Pistol OH each having ~20 CDs on 4/5. So a Mesmer is applying the bulk of damage via AA as well. The only utility skills w/ raw damage pumps for the Mesmer are like the mantras and that one signet- burning or something.

Besides. Where and who are these people "complaining" about high hp in relation to lack of combat depth?

Tactical and strategic depth are not the same thing, by the way.

10+ Year Old Account
    There has been some tweaks here and there, iirc CoF got some patching making it easier, AC got revamped and I must admit that it is easier if you're a good player, it's not as unforgiving as the first version of AC but it's somewhat challenging.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    I find it amusing that the people complaining about high HP are the one's saying the combat has no depth and all you have to do is use auto-attack ;-)
    I play my class quite well and I admit that there are some bosses that have too much HP. The mechanics would be more fun/interesting if the health pools weren't so damn large. Like the final boss in the dredge fractal. Where you spew lava on him. Fucking fun fight, I love it. I would love it more if he didn't have such a huge health pool. Various other bosses that have too much HP, as well as trash. But, I haven't really done dungeons in a few months (aside arah which hasn't changed) so I can't really talk on that anymore, unless things haven't changed in that area.
    Of all losses, time is the most irrecuperable for it can never be redeemed

Some things have interesting health pools. But it's usually not too bad, as long as you know how to keep yourself and your fellow friends entertained.

Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post
    I play my class quite well and I admit that there are some bosses that have too much HP. The mechanics would be more fun/interesting if the health pools weren't so damn large. Like the final boss in the dredge fractal. Where you spew lava on him. Fucking fun fight, I love it. I would love it more if he didn't have such a huge health pool. Various other bosses that have too much HP, as well as trash. But, I haven't really done dungeons in a few months (aside arah which hasn't changed) so I can't really talk on that anymore, unless things haven't changed in that area.
    This vastly depends on the group you're running.

- Do you have a lot of condition damage dealers?
    - Do you have a lot of "support" players?
    - Are you keeping the debuff up?
    - Are people staying alive or do you need to 3man 80% of the time since ppl need to be rezed?
    - Are you interrupting the heal?

That fight goes quite fast if your team isn't retarded, the squid however is just a snoozefest.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asseymcgee View Post

The dredge fractal boss can take ferfreakinever if the group isn't interrupting his heal, crippling for the pour or stacking their combos and cooldowns for the debuff.

With a good group it goes down fairly quickly
    Valar morghulis

hp hasn't changed much, and "assraping 1shots" sound like a L2P to me.

That said dungeons have been improved significantly from the shitshow of failed design and badly implemented features that it was for the first few months.

That's also partially due to gw2lfg.com, which is one of the best features added to the game... oh wait it's a third party site. JK Anet now you can focus on things like what we need to buy next from the gem store.

I find the difficulty the same in terms of the bosses and whatnot.

They fixed a ton of bugs and exploits, spots where you can hide and not get shot at by the boss

10+ Year Old Account
    I like fractals a lot more than dungeons, HP pools are still to high or player damage is too low. There are some fights that unnecessarily long. Story modes are still a chore. They filled my holes in HoTW....

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I like fractals a lot more than dungeons, HP pools are still to high or player damage is too low. There are some fights that unnecessarily long. Story modes are still a chore. They filled my holes in HoTW....
    HP too high/DMG too low.

I sincerely doubt that. If dmg is too low just ask your team, hey guys what kind of build are you rocking? If everyone says "support" you know where the problem comes from.

If everyone says "Damage" ask what kind of gear they use, I'll bet you it's pvt or some sort of condition bs.

Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    I loooove story modes.