Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

your favorite and worst superhero

who is your favorite and most disliked hero/superhero.

my favorite heros are; deadpool, ash ketchum, itachi, and natsu dragneel because they are simply awesome

i dislike superman the most because he is can do everything, he is the worst.(u name it and he can probably, boring character)
    HAKUNA MATATA... IT MEANS NO WORRIES FOR THE REST OF YOUR DAYS

yes 'cuz natsu cant do anything at all

Deleted
    fav:

Batman!
    Why ? because he is human ... simply that, he had to work hard to get where he's now. also he doesn't kill on purpose.

worst:
    Superman ...
    why ? because he suxs ^^ nah ... he's invincible except there's kryptonium around, then he degrades to a sweating infant ...

Oooh, fun!

Best: Superman, he's op, but also got a weakness

Worst: Iron Man, I don't like his character, sure, his suit is cool, but not him.

One thing is certain, Superman sure is better than Ash Ketchum.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    since when is ash ketchup considered a superhero?

favorite: I always go with Daredevil, since he has the most unique gimmick (blind dude that can kick your butt) but since the Avengers movie I'm kinda leaning more towards Hulk (Puny God...) especially when he and Thor throw down. also, if we go just by best movie, I'd say Hellboy

least favorite: well, Aquaman's pretty useless, as is his Marvel counterpart, Namor... Booster Gold's pretty annoying... Power Girl's only power seems to be the ability to look hot... so I guess any of those would fit. worst movie superhero: Superman, hands down. the Reeves Superman was great, then to have the last sequel suck so hard...
    22 miles of hard road
    33 years of tough luck
    44 skulls buried in the ground
    Crawling down through the muck
    Ah yeah...

Quote Originally Posted by TheCrusader View Post
    fav:

Batman!
    Why ? because he is human ... simply that, he had to work hard to get where he's now. also he doesn't kill on purpose.

worst:
    Superman ...
    why ? because he suxs ^^ nah ... he's invincible except there's kryptonium around, then he degrades to a sweating infant ...
    Superman's not invincible. He's lost many times without Kryptonite. He only seems really strong outside his own universe. Within the DC universe, he's like a mid tier character with just a bit of main character plot armor to keep him from being vaporized by beings much stronger than him.

On topic.
    Favorite hero: Gohan. I've always been a Gohan fanboy. I can't really describe why I like him with words. I just do and nothing will ever change that.

Favorite superhero: Tough one, half the time I can't decide if I like Superman or The Spectre more. Superman is amazing and some of his stories are better written than most other works of fiction I've seen and it's pretty boss when he stops holding back and decides to go ape shit on someone. On the other hand, there's something very heartwarming about God's wrath taking physical form and going around trolling and murdering people that it judges to be bad.

Least favorite superhero: Fuck that's an even tougher one. Whenever I see someone ultra fanboy over a character to the point of ridiculousness I kind of hate that character for a day or so. I mean, I've legit met Batman fans that think he can beat anyone. Just on the basis of the character though, I'm gonna go with pre-retcon Beyonder. The writers at Marvel must have been on drugs when they made him. "Hey guys, I got a great idea! Let's make Elvis into a superhero! No no no, not a hero, a MOTHERFUCKING COSMIC ENTITY! Yeah, good one! Let's not make him any old cosmic entity though, let's make him so strong he can make other supreme beings his bitches! Like fucking Death, Eternity and The Living Tribunal should all shit their pants when this dude's around. Great great!!! One more thing. He has a car, and it can do anything. Love it, pass the weed."

Deleted
    Hmmm. Damn. That's a tough couple of questions to narrow down. There's so many awesome and terrible superheroes that I just can't decide!

Favourites (subject to change): Wolverine, Deadpool, The Punisher, Cable, Symbiote Spidey, Bardock, Adult Link, Fox McCloud, Garrus Vakarian (& Phoenix if she counts. She kind of counts, right?)

Least Favourites (subject to change): Cyclops, Superman, Glob Herman

Deleted
    Best: Batman.

Worst: Blue betlee

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    I mean, I've legit met Batman fans that think he can beat anyone.
    I will offer a caveat to that. If you give Batman time and resources to prepare for a fight, I do think he can beat just about anyone. In a spontaneous fight, he is generally way out of his league. Of course that only makes me like him more. I was always more of a Marvel person growing up though. Wolverine and Spider Man tended to be my favorites, original, I know.

I did find Superman to be boring. Not just his ridiculous powers, but his attitude too. He annoyed the crap out of me. I also hated Captain America for being a self righteous prick, though I like him more after the civil war.

Best: Um... that's debatable. Marvel Ultimates universe Kitty Pryde or maybe Batgirl (Barbra Gordan). They're both strong characters with flaws. Not strong like 'faceroll the world' strong, but they're strong. From a pure fun to read standpoint I will say my favorite is anything from the Ultimates Universe (they only do Super Hero books, though a lot of them are so flawed it makes them borderline which is fine). Wolverine has always been a favorite of mine (issue 300 by Jason Aaron, greatest thing ever!), though they have tamed him a lot of late.

Worst: Easily Superman. The best way I have ever heard him described is that he only shines when other hero's are around. The character is basiclly a god but they know it's not fun to read a god comic so he always come across shmucky. The Hush event from Batman is a good example of the whole Superman is a turd thing. The best thing he's been in was Red Son, and that was an alternate world hah! Or watching him get demolished by the witch in the first issue of Justice League Dark hahaha.

EDIT: Derp... I thought this was a 'best and worst from a reading/interesting' standpoint... sigh!
    Last edited by Spraxle; 2013-03-11 at 09:28 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Deadpool, Gambit, The Hulk, and quite a few of the marvel characters. Not really into DC at all and for some reason I have a hard time calling characters from series like DBZ super heroes since they aren't from earth like in most comic books, but that's just me. Not discrediting anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    I recommend some ice for your feet mate. With the trail of hot takes you're leaving in this thread they must be burning.

Deleted
    Booster gold/Nova/Guy Gardner are my favourite heroes

As for worst, I'll have to say Wolverine, he's a 5 ft 3 hairy man with metal claws and skeleton, who has killed thousands in his life many innocent and is now treated like some living god who can do no wrong. (Talking about comic wolverine)

Quote Originally Posted by buck008 View Post
    I will offer a caveat to that. If you give Batman time and resources to prepare for a fight, I do think he can beat just about anyone. In a spontaneous fight, he is generally way out of his league. Of course that only makes me like him more. I was always more of a Marvel person growing up though. Wolverine and Spider Man tended to be my favorites, original, I know.

I did find Superman to be boring. Not just his ridiculous powers, but his attitude too. He annoyed the crap out of me. I also hated Captain America for being a self righteous prick, though I like him more after the civil war.
    There are many beings Batman could not beat even if you gave him 10 trillion years of uninterrupted prep time. There's no conceivable way he could ever defeat a cosmic entity. Death of the Endless, The Cosmic Armor Thought Robot, Mandrakk, a full powered Spectre, The Source, The Presence, the Anti-Monitor, Lucifer Morningstar, Michael Demiurgos, The Great Evil Beast, The Primal Monitor and the list goes on. And that's just stuff from his own universe. Hell, might as well throw him up against pre retcon Beyonder if we're gonna also allow Marvel.

I've heard all the arguments for Batman's prep time and when you bring cosmic entities into it, it basically devolves into, "because Batman". I mean, The Presence is both the literal Christian God and a metaphor for the writer. Batman can't beat that no matter what he's got in his utility belt.

Favourite: Wolverine - he is just the biggest badass ever. Whatever he does, he does it in badass way. I bet if he was a Jehovah Witness it would still be freaking badass, just because Wolverine does it.

Least favourite: as the entire superhero, Superman. Simply because he is just "SOO STRONK, DOES GUD THINGS AND FILES LIKE LIGHT". Boring as hell.
    But if the adaptations would matter here, Spiderman from the most recent movie would be my pick. Geez, what an asshole of a superhero.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    With fairness though, that is how he is written. In the story arc where he dies, he gives Darkseid a fatal wound. Darkseid being one of the most powerful beings in the cosmos.
    He also has beaten Superman one-on-one numerous times, so the logic of him being able to "beat anyone" is down to writing. It's not really the characters fault, and logically, as said before, with enough planning, he can do an awful lot.
    I know he shoots Darkseid with a Radion bullet. But for one, that's Darkseid's Kryptonite and for two, that was far from a solo kill, he had a lot of help. And Darkseid is strong, but the only thing that made him a universal threat was the anti-life equation. Darkseid is just as helpless as Batman would be against the beings I've listed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Favourite: Nightcrawler as portrayed in Wolverine and the X-Men (BRING IT BACK, YOU ASSWIPES!). I've instantly liked his personality in most portrayals, but he is pretty badass too in W&X-Men. Close runner-up is Iron Man. I tend to like efficient assholes :P

Least favourite: Cyclops as portrayed in the 2000's-trilogy. Just ugh -.-
    If you add me on Steam, Skype or whatever program/client I share my info for, please write something to identify you in the "Dude/gal wants to join your club"-message. Just so I know that an actual human is on the other end :P

Herald of the Titans Skarsguard's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Favorite Hero/Superhero would be Swampthing or Constantine they are not the typical superhero that comes to mind but they are great.

Least Favorite Hero/Superhero would be Wolverine and it would be because Marvel shoves him down my throat so much. Go into a comic book store and half the marvel shit on the wall has Wolverine on it. Superman would come into second place he always seems like a bitch when he loses his powers even thou he is still like 6'6 250 pound man.

Quote Originally Posted by Howlrunner View Post
    True, but what I mean is that they never go too far into implausibility. Sure, some of them are ridiculous, but they do offer an explanation for them. Obviously Batman wouldn't stand a chance against beings of the power you saying, but they never focus in on his story arcs anyways. For the storylines Batman is involved with, the enemies he faces are entirely within his "power set" so to speak. He is more the tactician/thinker than a powerhouse character anyways. But I do agree that some Batman fans are rabid enough to believe he can take on anyone. Like Wolverine fans believing he is the greatest character ever, he is actually quite weak, itsjust popularity and storylines that keep them going.
    I agree completely. It's just the "Batman solos The-One-Above-All with prep" fans that I hate.

Best: Ironman. I am a huge fanboy of pretty much everything about him. Batman is a close second but Ironman's personality and suit > Batman's.

Worst: Superman. No one likes a know it all.