Deleted

[Mage] What's the point of Blizzard anyway?

The only use I see is to slow down adds while questing or on certain specific tasks during raids (Dunno whether they exist in ToT yet)

Given the removal of Freeze, I would love it if they made Blizzard a spell that didn't need to be channelled, so that we could generate FoF during add fights (similar to destro locks with Rain of Fire) and this could also be used situationally to get some on demand burst.

Thoughts? Is there any particular boss in this tier where Frost mages uses Blizzard at all?

Deleted
    While I haven't raided with my mage yet, I use Blizzard in my AoE rotation under the following conditions:

- I've DoT'ed a couple of enemies.

-I've used Flamestrike.

-I'm too far away to use arcane explosion, and running over to the mobs would be a waste of time and dps or they would be dead by the time I get over there.

I still like Blizzard as a spell though, and I sometimes use it outside of combat for its animation :P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by lockdnloaded View Post
    I would love it if they made Blizzard a spell that didn't need to be channelled, so that we could generate FoF during add fights
    then use frozen orb until they implement frozen...oh wait... :>

Deleted
    I use blizzard when I'm bored on pack of trash.

I will make a serious test with Blizzard/FS/Frost-bomb, now the AOe have been increase to 20+

I have never used Blizzard during questing if i remember correctly. FOrb is enough most of the times. If not, there is always CoC/AE (even unglyphed for slowing and damaging that last bit of life on AoE'ble enemies while still being able to move).

During raids there arent many good reasons to use it as its damage has been gimped too much as it was deemed "too simple". So i'd guess Blizzard itself doesnt want us toust it coz they deem channeling Blizzard as something very lazy (take whatever pun you want out of this xD).

though now that i think about it: Blizzard is a turret spell. If they want mages to become turrets why not increase its damage by it being a sacrifice to mobility (the major reason i never use it outside of trash).

another edit: i sometimes use it in battlegrounds to reveal stealthed enemies from afar (like the end of a bridge or whathaveyou)
    Last edited by obc; 2013-03-11 at 06:32 PM.

I used to use Blizzard cause it didnt proc any cooldowns before, but nowdays I just don't use it, ever

I really like that idea. If they took away the water elemental to give blizzard that functionality, I would be super duper cool with it.

I thought blizzard is a spell only used when you killed a boss and want a screen shot with your raid team?

Deleted
    This spell is in every single game they make, so you all remember who made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
    Ironically its almost always the least used spell in the whole game.

Quote Originally Posted by Luisa View Post
    It's not in Starcraft.

Bloodsail Admiral Brightamethyst's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's for weak things that die fast. Like 5-man trash.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still use blizzard when I'm trying to AOE down a lot of ADDs during dailies and whatnot. I'll try to NT them all, Frost nova, Ice Orb then Blizzard kite them down.

It might not kill everything in 2 seconds but it keeps stuff from hitting me, we are still pretty squishy after all.
    “The Jedi…the Sith…you don’t get it, do you? To the galaxy, they’re the same thing; just men and women with too much power, squabbling over religion, while the rest of us burn.”-Atton Rand

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    This is not true for WoW unless you pick a very small timeframe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard is symptomatic of Mages at present; we are laden with spells that are deemed iconic to the class or spec, yet they have not adjusted to keep up with the changing raid environment. It is basically the lazy man's AoE for 5 mans and LFR.

Honestly, I think at this juncture it needs to become a Frost baseline spell and have better interaction with Fingers of Frost: say, you can cast Ice Lance while channeling Blizzard, but it will split its damage between all targets affected by Blizzard.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 11:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It actually had some very good uses; its damage was relatively decent at one point, and its interaction with talents like Frostbite made it ideal for AoE farming. Currently, mobs have too much health for that to be viable anymore.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.