10+ Year Old Account

[Guardian] Bear Hug no longer critting?

Just wondering of anyone has seen Bear Hug crit' since the patch.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

I'll try to confirm it later, but using the crit increase ground-effect buff in the questing zone didn't have Bear Hug crit. Although I haven't had much faith in the ability since it fails to stun in PvE content often where any other stun tends to work.

*edit*
    - After a couple hours of playing around with it, appears that Bear Hug will not crit under any circumstances now.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2013-03-11 at 11:24 PM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    After a couple hours of playing around with it, appears that Bear Hug will not crit under any circumstances now.
    That's my impression as well... kind of an annoying undocumented change.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

Given it does a percentage of the caster's health as damage, I'd presume that critical strikes weren't intended... if this change is the case

This is stupid. Now not only does it not work on 1/2 mobs, cus most of them are immune, now it doesnt crit...Next it'll stop stunning? Its was doing okay with crits....sigh.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kripthmaul View Post
    This is stupid. Now not only does it not work on 1/2 mobs, cus most of them are immune, now it doesnt crit...Next it'll stop stunning? Its was doing okay with crits....sigh.
    Well there was always an issue with how it worked, it used to be that if it crit' then all three "hits" where critical. I could see them wanting to change that, however this seems like a fairly major nerf to an already borderline ability. And of course what really chaps my big bear butt is that it's undocumented.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Bear Hug was never intended to crit.
    It does a static 3x10% of your health in damage.

If you want it to hit for more, use Might or Ursoc first for 20% extra health.
    Not even usig Nature Vigil will boost the damage.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    Bear Hug was never intended to crit.
    It does a static 3x10% of your health in damage.
    Nothing anywhere says what you are claiming.

-Kujako-

Indeed, i had the same bug and I issued a ticket about it. A GM confirmed to me that no bear hug change was intended for this patch 5.2, so if it critted b4 and now it doesn't I should fill a bug report, which I did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujako View Post
    Nothing anywhere says what you are claiming.
    No spell, that does damage/healing in %, crits.
    It's the same deal with e.g. Renew. It heals 30% each time. No more, no less. It's boosted by e.g. Might of Ursoc, but only because MoU boost your health, it's still 30%..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    No spell, that does damage/healing in %, crits.
    It's the same deal with e.g. Renew. It heals 30% each time. No more, no less. It's boosted by e.g. Might of Ursoc, but only because MoU boost your health, it's still 30%..
    Disengage glyph that heals the hunter for 5% of the his health can crit.
    Chimera Shot that heals the hunter for 5% health can crit.
    The hunter spell that heals them for 30% of their health can crit.

FYI.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mandibleclaw View Post
    Indeed, i had the same bug and I issued a ticket about it. A GM confirmed to me that no bear hug change was intended for this patch 5.2, so if it critted b4 and now it doesn't I should fill a bug report, which I did.
    I would add to this that it seems to almost always last less then the 3 seconds specified, resulting in it dealing 2/3 to 1/3 the listed damage.

-Kujako-