Death Knights vs Warriors in 5.2

So just returning after a brief hiatus.

Was reviewing the changes to Death Knights and Warriors and was not sure which class is looking decent ATM. I don't really like the changes to Arms. Infact I ain't a fan of the Arms spec. I had levelled a Warrior purely for Fury cause of Titan's Grip and SMF.

However, Death Knights seemed to have received some QOL buffs. Its been 2 expansions since I last played a Death Knight.

And most of the other melee are looking kinda gimpy. WW Monks were suppose to get a buff but I've been told their DPS went down.

So between Death Knights and Warriors which would be a better bet moving ahead for PVE and PVP.

They're both really competitive at the moment and I doubt you would be disappointed with either. Fury is still better than arms but the vast majority of warriors are arms for pvp. So if you prefer fury for pvp you may be outclassed.

This is the dk forum so my suggestion is fairly obvious but both are doing really quite well.

Quote Originally Posted by Nangz View Post
    They're both really competitive at the moment and I doubt you would be disappointed with either. Fury is still better than arms but the vast majority of warriors are arms for pvp. So if you prefer fury for pvp you may be outclassed.

This is the dk forum so my suggestion is fairly obvious but both are doing really quite well.
    Probably expected. LoL. But was hopping to get some better perspective other than my own.

I ain't looking for a "facerole" class that some attribute DKs to be. Its just I find it a pain to have all those key binds on my Warrior with little bonuses.

For PvE:

Frost vs Fury:

Frost is much "faster" at higher ilvls since they are almost completely capped on GCD's. Fury is obviously very gear reliant still but will always feel a bit slower and methodical with fury pooling for colossus smash + a longer GCD. The top 2 dps in our guild are a fury warrior and frost dk (myself) and with the 5.2 buffs + 522 gear I'm consistently outperforming him on the meters by a small margin. Most sims show fury warrior a tiny bit behind frost dk's but how things pan out with full 520 gear is hard to say. Fury warrior also brings more raid utility than a frost dk. Overall both are in a really good place. I have a 480 ilvl fury warrior and 510 ilvl frost DK and personally find the DK much more enjoyable to play.

Blood vs Prot

Same as always basically. DK tanking is always going to be the more interactive but both classes are in a really good place. Once again warriors bring more to the table in terms of raid buffs and also have very few, if any, encounters that handicap them while there are a few gimmicky encounters that can be annoying to have a blood tank on. Unless you are on a bleeding edge progression team both are fine and just play what you prefer.

I don't PvP so I'm sure someone can give you a better comparison for that.

Quote Originally Posted by unholycrushe View Post
    For PvE:

Frost vs Fury:

Frost is much "faster" at higher ilvls since they are almost completely capped on GCD's. Fury is obviously very gear reliant still but will always feel a bit slower and methodical with fury pooling for colossus smash + a longer GCD. The top 2 dps in our guild are a fury warrior and frost dk (myself) and with the 5.2 buffs + 522 gear I'm consistently outperforming him on the meters by a small margin. Most sims show fury warrior a tiny bit behind frost dk's but how things pan out with full 520 gear is hard to say. Fury warrior also brings more raid utility than a frost dk. Overall both are in a really good place. I have a 480 ilvl fury warrior and 510 ilvl frost DK and personally find the DK much more enjoyable to play.

Blood vs Prot

Same as always basically. DK tanking is always going to be the more interactive but both classes are in a really good place. Once again warriors bring more to the table in terms of raid buffs and also have very few, if any, encounters that handicap them while there are a few gimmicky encounters that can be annoying to have a blood tank on. Unless you are on a bleeding edge progression team both are fine and just play what you prefer.

WoW. Thanks for taking the time to explain that to me. I do find it a bit annoying with the "slow" play style of Warriors. And sometimes I am just sitting there waiting to get some rage.

Frost Dks are still pretty faceroll, but really aren't the best pvp spec anymore unless you want to be a BG hero. UH DKs have a much steeper learning curve, but outperform frost in anything except instant burst damage, UH can put out stronger number after it's DPS ramps up, and can keep pressure on people far easier, not to mention DoT kiting down melee without ever getting touched

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    So just returning after a brief hiatus.

Was reviewing the changes to Death Knights and Warriors and was not sure which class is looking decent ATM. I don't really like the changes to Arms. Infact I ain't a fan of the Arms spec. I had levelled a Warrior purely for Fury cause of Titan's Grip and SMF.

However, Death Knights seemed to have received some QOL buffs. Its been 2 expansions since I last played a Death Knight.

And most of the other melee are looking kinda gimpy. WW Monks were suppose to get a buff but I've been told their DPS went down.

So between Death Knights and Warriors which would be a better bet moving ahead for PVE and PVP.
    I have been playing this game since vanilla, and have yet to have more fun with a toon than I have with my arms warr and rogue in PvP. Sorry, I don't PvE

Ive played: Warr-DK-Rogue-EnhSham-Mage-Rdruid-Spriest, all 2k+ rating for either 2's or 3's(except for my EnhSham, he mah BG bitch)

Why warrior so fun? the mobility is so addicting, charge-charge-heroicleap-safeguard rawwrrrr im runnin circles around ur ass. Not to mention i BURN thru Tomes switching bladestorm droar and shockwave in and out.

Why Rogue? Just because I have always felt they have the highest skill cap and are the hardest classes to play well. I'd say 95% of the rogues out there are shit. The ones i've ran into in BGs and arena at least. Once you understand the concept of how to use your stun DR's, FEINT, your burst, AND escapability correctly than you're a god.

p.s. rogues just got buffed thru the damn roof man. Have Prep back and CoS on a 1mCD is still making me giggle a bit.

Abt you saying you don't like what they did to Arms:
    - It's really...REALLY fun. Yes they overhauled the spec almost completely. Hardly any of the rotation is the same. But my god am I have funnn! full rage pool Windsong Haste-->x5Overpower-->Droar-->reck-->SLAMSLAMSLAM trollolololol 1Mdmg in like 5-8seconds

Quote Originally Posted by unholycrushe View Post
    For PvE:

Frost vs Fury:

Blood vs Prot

Really going to have to disagree with this.

As a Death Knight all you really do is spam RS + HB waiting for a KM proc then smash the other person with Obliterate, really nothing to it.

That aside they're both pretty decent classes to play and both very competitive.

Really going to have to disagree with this.

As a Death Knight all you really do is spam RS + HB waiting for a KM proc then smash the other person with Obliterate, really nothing to it.

That aside they're both pretty decent classes to play and both very competitive.

I never implied frost was anything on the contary. I called frost a fast spec because it is constantly busy even if a lot of it is spamming two abilities. Assuming there are no glaring rotational errors the only thing that distinguishes a good and bad frost DK on the meters is the ability to dump unholy runes properly for dw and to use a larger % of KM procs on obliterate for 2h.