10+ Year Old Account

Bots In The Guild?

Anyone else have this going on?

I use Super Guild Invite because the guild is nothing serious... but I've noticed that I have invited 4 sets of bots in a 1 month time period into the guild.

One set is 5 bots with random letter names farming Naxx
    All the others are constantly farming Shattered Halls..

What in the world is so important in Shattered Halls that there's piles of bones and bodies in front of it and bots farming it?

I am not sure about that specific area, But its nice having gatherer on. It will say who is gathering what (if they have the addon, and most farmers do, and don't bother turning off the reporting) and if they don't respond to messages, then I boot them. I alspo used SGI, but kept getting those idiots that spam chat or talk shit.

I have since stopped because people in the guild were not happy, and it didnt really help the guild because those being invited didnt fit into the guild family.

Well, think of it this way, the bots are actually giving you gold via guild perks.

A guilded player is less suspicious, so bots have been joining (and sometimes even making guilds themselves) since forever.

On a sidenote, that addon is terribly annoying.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Avada Kedavra View Post
    I am not sure about that specific area, But its nice having gatherer on. It will say who is gathering what (if they have the addon, and most farmers do, and don't bother turning off the reporting) and if they don't respond to messages, then I boot them. I alspo used SGI, but kept getting those idiots that spam chat or talk shit.

I have since stopped because people in the guild were not happy, and it didnt really help the guild because those being invited didnt fit into the guild family.
    I think you take your guild a bit more serious than I do.. we're just a random guild. We don't really have a "family", plus no one on Illidan takes their guild seriously except for the top raiding guilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Well, think of it this way, the bots are actually giving you gold via guild perks.
    Hence why I don't boot them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cirque View Post
    A guilded player is less suspicious, so bots have been joining (and sometimes even making guilds themselves) since forever.

On a sidenote, that addon is terribly annoying.
    Yes, it is annoying but for a random, leveling or perk guild, it's about the only way to get people in. I used it to get people in to help level the guild but most of the people who join thank me.

They're just glad a 25 guild invited them instead of the random spam of level 1 guilds.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that the addon that auto invites guildless people? That is more fucking annoying then any bot I have ever run into. I would prefer they banned people with the addon before bots. Serves you right for having bots in your guild. It's so rude to spam someone an invite before asking.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Is that the addon that auto invites guildless people? That is more fucking annoying then any bot I have ever run into. I would prefer they banned people with the addon before bots. Serves you right for having bots in your guild. It's so rude to spam someone an invite before asking.
    QQ

Guilds give low level noobs great perks, some cant even use global channels to talk, so having people invite you immediately is awesome. I personally LOVE being invited to a level 25 guild.

And when ur in a guild, you cant get spammed, so what is ur problem?

If you are leveling without a guild, ur doing it wrong.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    QQ

Guilds give low level noobs great perks, some cant even use global channels to talk, so having people invite you immediately is awesome. I personally LOVE being invited to a level 25 guild.

And when ur in a guild, you cant get spammed, so what is ur problem?

If you are leveling without a guild, ur doing it wrong.
    Doing it wrong? I level a few toons without a guild and you know why? To slow it down so I can do full zones. And it still doesn't change the fact that is is rude to not ask before you invite them. If you do something to someone else without asking you are DOING IT WRONG.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Doing it wrong? I level a few toons without a guild and you know why? To slow it down so I can do full zones. And it still doesn't change the fact that is is rude to not ask before you invite them. If you do something to someone else without asking you are DOING IT WRONG.
    Meh, yeh it is a bit rude, but all you have to do is check off 'block guild invites' in your options. Solved.
    "Brevity is...wit"

Quote Originally Posted by KBWarriors View Post
    Anyone else have this going on?

I use Super Guild Invite because the guild is nothing serious... but I've noticed that I have invited 4 sets of bots in a 1 month time period into the guild.

One set is 5 bots with random letter names farming Naxx
    All the others are constantly farming Shattered Halls..

What in the world is so important in Shattered Halls that there's piles of bones and bodies in front of it and bots farming it?
    What do you expect when you use such a strat to invite people into the guild? Make an effort if you want to create any kind of community within the guild.

I will never join a guild that promotes or throws out invites trying to spam. Doesn't speak very highly about the guild.