If you're bored and feel like helping :D

Greetings! I am currently a graduate student training to be a researcher, and the lab that I work in currently is in need of some creative material. I was requested by my professor to reach out to my gaming communities for help with this, so if you happen to be bored and feel like assisting us, here is a mini-quest for you.

Your task is to write short paragraphs like the two below. They are both about honey but one of them is more about honey being sticky than about honey being sweet, and the other is just the reverse. When you write a pair of paragraphs, they both must mention the target word (e.g. honey). One paragraph must make a reader think about one aspect of the target word (e.g. sweet) and the other paragraph must make a reader think about a different aspect (e.g. sticky). The paragraphs should be 2 to 5 sentences in length.

The toddler reached up to the counter and grabbed a jar of honey. The top was off and she spilled it all over, getting it in her hair.
    **Honey is sticky.

The man boiled some water to make a cup of tea to drink with his toast. He had no sugar and did not like it plain so he added some honey for flavor.
    **Honey is sweet.
    Here is another example pair:

The cavemen needed to warm up since it was getting colder and colder as the sun went down. Luckily, they were able to start a fire.
    ** Fires give off heat.

The explorers were frightened as they walked through the ancient tomb. It was dark until one of them started a fire.
    ** Fires give off light.
    If you decide to write something for us, then thank you very much! Please let me know if you have any questions.

I was slathering honey on to my stomach while my darling Margaret shackled my legs to the bed posts. She then looked upon my face quizzically and mused on the difficulty of tomorrow's laundry.
    __

There are times when I feel lasagna doesn't get enough credit as a dessert dish; When I serve it to my friends I make sure it's after dinner, and with at least one litre of honey.

-To go beyond the limits of our earth-bound existence. Space is the ultimate final frontier.
    *Space is something to explore.
    -The black, cold void that fills our minds as we find ourselves lost in the chaotic and ever-expanding deepness of space.
    *Space is something to fear.

She fumbled nervously with the flashlight. The foreboding darkness seemed to contain the sum of her childhood fears, all writhing and grasping towards her.
    **The Darkness is scary!

The thief waited patiently. The darkness was an old friend, wrapped tightly about him like a cloak. More reassuring than any steel plating or stout shield.
    **The Darkness is comforting!

Ha, Speaknoevil, I laughed out loud at your first one. XD

Thank you guys. Stir and Stasis, yours are definitely usable!

LOL so hard at Yuna's example. You didn't even use the word cold!

I WANNA PLAY@@

My friend got cut from the basketball team because he was too short.
    *cut* as in...Uhhh...

Some guy with a knife came up to me and said he'd cut me if I didn't give him my wallet.
    *cut* to slice

Deleted
    Before I answer this, is there any rule concerning topic or PG-rating?

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 10:54 PM ----------

Lord Carvanon was amazed when he entered the burial chamber. Who knew that a tomb from Ancient Egypt could contain such wonders.
    - a tomb can be full of treasure...

Ducking and weaving between the arrows, Professor Jones was cursing at his foolishness. The tomb was defended by an ancient mechanism, which amazingly still worked after 800 years.
    - But a tomb can also be full of traps.

This sounds like a game! Although not sure how good I'm in it. :/

The geek was sitting in front of the computer for days. He eventually died to dehydration.
    *Computers are deadly.

If it weren't for the computer, I'd still be looking through the books for information about my research. I got it done so much faster, and with up-to-date results, so I perfected my research.
    *Computers are helpful.

Is that good enough?

I was told that even if the paragraphs aren't perfect, we could easily mold them into workable material, so I appreciate anything you guys contribute. Yuna's idea about "cold" was great!

nzall, for whatever research we use this in, we probably don't want the reader to get too distracted thinking about illicit content, but go ahead and write whatever you think of. The readers will all be adults, and if we want to expand to children, we can always filter out anything inappropriate.

Illusions, I laughed out loud at your first one. XD It reminded me of some story of a Korean couple neglecting their baby because of gaming. "Computer" is a good idea. Thank you!