Thread: SimC question

SimC question

If I want to see what my DPS is with 2 normal off-set pieces and then see what my DPS is with 2 pieces of LFR tier, what is the easiest way to go about that?

Currently, all I know to do is change the line of code or whatever for each piece in the Simulate tab and then change my total stats in the #Gear Summary section. Is there an easier way?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rahdik View Post
    If I want to see what my DPS is with 2 normal off-set pieces and then see what my DPS is with 2 pieces of LFR tier, what is the easiest way to go about that?

Currently, all I know to do is change the line of code or whatever for each piece in the Simulate tab and then change my total stats in the #Gear Summary section. Is there an easier way?
    The easiest thing to do if you want to mess around with gearsets is to use one of the import tools like chardev or Rawr. Chardev's probably the easiest to use; you can make a free account and save a profile, and just tweak it as needed. It's easier to swap a couple pieces out there than it is to manually change all the values, and once you've got the profile set up, it's easy to update.

10+ Year Old Account
    I tried using chardev, but that site isn't very user friendly. There's no button to register, or its hidden so I can't see it, so I had to google how. I registered but you have to click a link in your email to verify, except I didn't get the activation email (I checked spam). There's a link to resend it, but didn't get it again. I gave up. But here's this, maybe you'll have better luck than me http://www.chardev.org/Register.html

Edit: I hit resend a few more times and finally got it.

Edit: Still can't import.

Looked up how but its not clear to me, so have given up once again
    Last edited by shell; 2013-03-11 at 11:21 PM.
    These words in my mouth... where did they come from? I don't think I'm the one that put them there...

10+ Year Old Account
    It may be that chardev importing is broken currently, that happens from time to time. You could try Rawr, too, if chardev isn't working for you.

You don't need to change summary part. It's commented anyway - it's there just for your convenience.
    Intel Core i5 2500k @ 4.7GHz | MSI GTX 980 Gaming 4G x2 in SLI | ASRock Extreme3 Gen3 Motherboard
    8 GB of Kingston HyperX DDR3 | Western Digital Caviar Green 1 TB | Western Digital Caviar Blue 1 TB
    2x Samsung 840 Pro 128 GB + Corsair Force 3 120 GB SSDs (three-way raid 0)
    Cooler Master HAF 912 plus case | Corsair AX1200 power supply | Thermaltake NiC C5 Untouchable CPU cooler
    Asus PG278Q ROG SWIFT (1440p @ 144 Hz, GSync + 3D vision)

See I knew I knew what the # meant but I couldn't remember. Go 8 weeks of C++ 6 years ago.