Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Just had an Idea... how about a buff on armors? +3% crit for Molten, +3% Haste for Frost and +5% Mastery for Mage? Wouldn't that increase our overall dps?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    And yes, I know it's been around 4 months since that happened; I'm still pissed about it to this day because it's fucking lazy and sloppy to do something so dick.
    You seem to be implying that Blizzard does anything ever to piss people off on purpose. Otherwise you wouldn't act as if they offended you by going against your wishes. Blizzard always does what they believe is best for the game (and thus, for their income). If they believed you deserved more time speaking indirectly to the developers (regardless of whether or not you do), they obviously would.

I just know I really miss spreading Living Bomb with Inferno Blast. /sigh

I'm still adjusting to THAT little change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphamage View Post
    Just had an Idea... how about a buff on armors? +3% crit for Molten, +3% Haste for Frost and +5% Mastery for Mage? Wouldn't that increase our overall dps?
    Naturally, but it's most likely not what they have in mind for our buff(s). Whatever they do, chances are it'll be a flat damage increase on something. 90 talents going from 15% to 25% for example, or Pyro getting a +10% damage buff, etc.

Deleted
    I am almost certain they will buff our lvl 90 talents(which is probably the safest to do while not making us op in pvp)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noxiye View Post
    Either of these changes would bring disparities in the specs. Pyroblast isn't equal to ABlast + AM, nor is it equal to Frostbolt in terms of damage done.
    Also, your suggested change to 90 talents would make sure that no Fire or Frost Mages in their right minds would take Ring of Power over Invocation.

That said, I'm not exactly sure where the specs are at now, which one is highest etc., but if Mages are really "bottom of the charts" like some people say, I don't think a 5% buff to one (or two) spells would be enough.
    Pyro affects more than just Pyro. Affects Ignite + Combust.
    Frostbolt is only outlier; but I don't play Frost so don't know anything significant that would help.
    ABl and AM buffs cos Arcane behind Fire/Frost.

No Frost/Fire Mage woul currently take RoP over Invo, let alone if Invo got buffed. RoP is just far too constricting and requires far too high an uptime (standing within the Ring) to be viable. Having freedom of movement is big, especially this tier.

"I fear that we get overbuffed and then nerfed even more in 5.3."

How could you seriously fear that as a mage? That has literally never happened. Mage has been top tier dps every patch since firelands. Now you got your first week in the middle of the pack or slightly lower and you cry your eyes out. Then ghostcrawler comes and buffs you before even a week goes by. You are indeed Blizzards special snowflakes, because stuff like this does not happen to others. You are most likely going to end up rank 1 dps again and while some of you fear for 5.3. to nerf you, the thing that is really going to happen is you go 10% better than anyone else for a patch again without hotfixes. You compare your bad performance to affliction locks because it's the only spec that has been as overpowered as you. Why would you compare to someone who is behind you? You feel useless because being ranged, having time warp, crit buff and spell power are not enough use for the raid. I think blizzard will soon have to give you raid-wide defensive cd so that even the worst players of your class can't feel useless. I had a fun 5.1. patch watching worse geared arcane mages beat my ret in dps in almost every fight. For a short moment it looked like mages need to actually learn to play their classes properly (and some do know how to looking at some very competitive frost dps logs) but no you got your free pass to number one dps again.

EDIT: Best part was someone saying "they better do it fast" when he heard you are getting buffs. Seriously. Your dps would have most likely have been competitive with better gear. Now you don't even get to feel how specs that are always bottom feel like because you are getting hotfixed and you want it today, not tomorrow.
    Last edited by Johnmatrix; 2013-03-12 at 11:37 AM.

Deleted
    Considering the lack of posssible testing it has to be something along the lines of a small damage increase of the main nukes or the 90 talents. It's boring but you can't be picky at the moments anyway.

I guess that means I should stay away from the blizzard forum for a long time. That place is not gonna be pretty in the near future.

Deleted
    DMG increase of Invocation/RoP back to 25% wont affect PvP too much buffs us in PvE and is passive. There you go.

Also for utilety: Why not let Invokcation , Rop or incanters ward give back mana to the group.

Like 15000 Mana for completed, when others stand in the rune they get 50% more mana reg and when a ward is activated they get like 5k mana or something or a percentage doesnt matter you just have to balance it so it doesnt get op

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    No Frost/Fire Mage woul currently take RoP over Invo, let alone if Invo got buffed. RoP is just far too constricting and requires far too high an uptime (standing within the Ring) to be viable. Having freedom of movement is big, especially this tier.
    So why feed it? Why not make RoP 20%, and Invocation reduces mana regeneration by 25%? That way there'd actually be a choice between movement and turreting for Frost and Fire. Not sure if it'd change anything for Arcane, though.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 12:40 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mûe View Post
    Like 15000 Mana for completed, when others stand in the rune they get 50% more mana reg and when a ward is activated they get like 5k mana or something or a percentage doesnt matter you just have to balance it so it doesnt get op
    You'd have every caster in a 25 man raid stand in the small ring that is Ring of Power? You'd give endless mana to everyone in a raid (Evocation spam with Invocation)? No, that wouldn't work. It'd have to be a new spell to be something that'd offer utility.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmatrix View Post
    "I fear that we get overbuffed and then nerfed even more in 5.3."

How could you seriously fear that as a mage? That has literally never happened. Mage has been top tier dps every patch since firelands. Now you got your first week in the middle of the pack or slightly lower and you cry your eyes out. Then ghostcrawler comes and buffs you before even a week goes by. You are indeed Blizzards special snowflakes, because stuff like this does not happen to others. You are most likely going to end up rank 1 dps again and while some of you fear for 5.3. to nerf you, the thing that is really going to happen is you go 10% better than anyone else for a patch again without hotfixes. You compare your bad performance to affliction locks because it's the only spec that has been as overpowered as you. Why would you compare to someone who is behind you? You feel useless because being ranged, having time warp, crit buff and spell power are not enough use for the raid. I think blizzard will soon have to give you raid-wide defensive cd so that even the worst players of your class can't feel useless. I had a fun 5.1. patch watching worse geared arcane mages beat my ret in dps in almost every fight. For a short moment it looked like mages need to actually learn to play their classes properly (and some do know how to looking at some very competitive frost dps logs) but no you got your free pass to number one dps again.

EDIT: Best part was someone saying "they better do it fast" when he heard you are getting buffs. Seriously.
    You sound so butthurt, and you almost don't understand why Mages cry the whole time.

"Top dps every tier since FL" - firstly not true. FL Mages weren't top DPS. FL was dominated by Rogues, Boomkins, Shadow priests. Go check logs if you don't believe me.
    Dragon Soul - on release, sure. By the end of the patch? No. Considering how well Fire scales with gear, for Fire to not be top at the end of the patch in full BiS says plenty.
    T14 - Yes but largely because Blizzard didn't see Scorch weaving. Take Scorch Weave away from Arcane and would have had some different results.

You don't understand how buffs work, clearly. Bringing SP/crit is useless - SP provided by 'Locks and Shamans, crit provided by Ferals and WW Monks. In each case, there's something better (in terms of DPS) to provide the same buff.
    Timewarp, again, can be provided by ALL Shamans.

You do not seem to understand how little utility Mages really bring. There is a reason that Mages are getting benched by the top guilds in the world for Progress (after buffs we'll see); because there is no need to bring a Mage if they do less DPS than, for example, a Warlock.

http://raidbots.com/dpsbot/Overall_D...14/60/default/

Fire Mages are ~ on par with Ferals. If you want crit, bring a Feral, you get a Tranq (even a mediocre one) and another symbiosis for the raid. Want spellpower? Bring a Warlock. Want BL/TW? Bring a Shaman, Enh or Ele, you lose an average 5K~ DPS, gain Healing Tide and Stormlash which will make up the DPS loss. Hell, bring a Resto you get Mana Tide, SLT, Healing Tide, Healing Stream, Stormlash AND BL/TW.

There is currently NO reason to bring a Mage to a fight over other options.

So why feed it? Why not make RoP 20%, and Invocation reduces mana regeneration by 25%? That way there'd actually be a choice between movement and turreting for Frost and Fire. Not sure if it'd change anything for Arcane, though.
    Mana Regen on Invocation isn't the issue, so that change would do nothing. Buffing RoP to 20% damage would help it, but this tier there is a fair amount of movement aside from a select few fights and the uptime required on RoP to still make it worth the cast (you have to stand in it for ~54 seconds out of the 60 it's up for, currently) probably still wouldn't be worth it.
    Last edited by mmoc7cd3c912a5; 2013-03-12 at 11:46 AM.

Deleted
    You'd have every caster in a 25 man raid stand in the small ring that is Ring of Power? You'd give endless mana to everyone in a raid (Evocation spam with Invocation)? No, that wouldn't work. It'd have to be a new spell to be something that'd offer utility.
    There is a Reason I said: you have to balance it!

You could limit Evocation once again to once per minute. You could apply a debuff for RoP used for 2mins or something. Come on just be a little creative. You could balance the whole thing so that is is not more Op than Priest mana Hymn or something.

Deleted
    There is a Reason I said: you have to balance it!

You could limit Evocation once again to once per minute. You could apply a debuff for RoP used for 2mins or something. Come on just be a little creative. You could balance the whole thing so that is is not more Op than Priest mana Hymn or something.
    I think a raid-wide Mana CD for Mages could be quite cool, but it's definitely not something we'd see this expansion, sadly.

Deleted
    Thats the problem. My only reason to be ion a raid is DMG, give me the utilety and im fine not alway beeing 1st on each encounter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    Mana Regen on Invocation isn't the issue, so that change would do nothing. Buffing RoP to 20% damage would help it, but this tier there is a fair amount of movement aside from a select few fights and the uptime required on RoP to still make it worth the cast (you have to stand in it for ~54 seconds out of the 60 it's up for, currently) probably still wouldn't be worth it.
    The suggested Invocation change was to make it more attractive for Arcane. The RoP change was to make it more attractive for Fire/Frost. Currently the "choice" isn't as much of a choice as it is the best way to go. I guess we'll see though.

Deleted
    Thats the problem. My only reason to be ion a raid is DMG, give me the utilety and im fine not alway beeing 1st on each encounter
    Indeed. Give us some utility outside of personal survivability/mobility (as it doesn't benefit the raid), I'm fine being lower on meters. I'm not a "bad" player by any means and I don't think that Mages are in TOO bad a place, but what does frustrate me is that some people don't understand what a Mage brings to the raid aside from DPS and, again, personal survivability. Warlocks have Healthstones/Portals, Shadow Priests have Vampiric Embrace/Mana Hymn, Ele Shamans bring Stormlash/Healing Tide/BL, Boomkins have Tranq/Symbiosis. Mages bring TW. Food doesn't count, can't be used during an encounter. Oh, sorry, we bring portals so you can go back to your cities faster once raid finishes. Can't believe I forgot that.

The suggested Invocation change was to make it more attractive for Arcane. The RoP change was to make it more attractive for Fire/Frost. Currently the "choice" isn't as much of a choice as it is the best way to go. I guess we'll see though.
    Invocation isn't attractive for Arcane due to interaction with stacks, not because of Mana Regen.
    RoP isn't attractive for Fire/Frost because being forced to stand still to maximise DPS isn't worth it. At the moment even RoP isn't used by Arcane. Arcane currently taking Incanter's Ward because RoP lock is dumb.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDailyBlink View Post
    You're welcome.
    Haha thanks alot! <3

Buffs are always welcome. However I must say I'm still not 100% sure a buff is really needed at this point. I for one still pull ahead of my raid of equally skilled players in almost any case and with almost any mage spec, not as far as it used to be but number 1 DPS ist still number 1. Can't really complain.

15+ Year Old Account
    Sorry, but if that's the case they're not equally skilled players. You are simply better than they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Spazzster View Post
    frostbolt debuff applies to itself again
    mana cost for AB reduced
    -10% nerf to pyro returned.

In general....just undo some of the nerfs they did. Easy
    Thats the best idea. Just to revert everything Blizzard did for mages since 5.0. This will just prove once again they have not a single clue whats going around.