Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    And that's what happens when you make stuff stupid hard AND stupid rare.
    It became clear that it wasn’t realistic to try to get the audience back to being more hardcore, as it had been in the past. -- Tom Chilton

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    No.. boss is too hard for 40 people, so people were doing it with 120+ people to kill it. Blizz says thats a stability issue, so ended 120+ ppl receiving loot.
    So full realms will still do it with 160+ people, but empty realms cant kill it. Just another big fail for CRZ!

Deleted
    CRZ: Where getting your ass ganked and your herbs stolen is fine, but people teaming up for world bosses is a NONO!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    Like Galleon, Oondasta drops items everytime you kill him.
    I presume this change is down to them not wanting heroic raiding guilds from realm hopping to get additional gear for their members!
    No, galleon does not provide gear to you each time you kill him. I have killed him twice before 5.2 and once after it and received gear only once, I used a coin each time so 1/6 of my loot on galleon was loot other than gold. I highly doubt Oondasta is 100% gear drop for every player, that would be highly unfair.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    Thing is, this won't change shit. People only brought so many players by crz because there weren't enough on their own realm. The problem will still persist on high-full realms.

I had this issue two days ago, guy was looking for people on our full realm because he was on an empty one where there were barely enough people to keep us phased into that realm. We ended up wiping ~3 times due to people ninja pulling and instantl dying to the chain beam. Our last wipe was at 0.6%. Someone from my realm then insulted "all those shitty Malfurion scrubs" and we all got kicked from the raid before we could kill the boss. 30 minutes later, the boss spawned on our realm. I was like whaaaaat... and glad that I could eventually kill the boss! Little did I know, the fact that Oondasta spawned went quite viral in a matter of minutes and we ended up crashing the realm, with Oondasta despawned after 15 min of downtime.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    No, galleon does not provide gear to you each time you kill him. I have killed him twice before 5.2 and once after it and received gear only once, I used a coin each time so 1/6 of my loot on galleon was loot other than gold. I highly doubt Oondasta is 100% gear drop for every player, that would be highly unfair.
    By items I included the gold bag. I did not say gear.
    Also to clarify since 5.2 Galleon is now one drop a week.

Being on a close to dead realm as decent 10 man raiding guild, this change really sucks. We could barely get enough people to stay phased to Kor'gall, having to invite people from around 4 different realms to keep the balance and make 3 raid groups. Granted, 2 would've worked out fine as well, but we weren't even one full raid group of kor'gall with all of us together. Early on, the loot dropped can make a difference to progress, so this is just a shame

Quote Originally Posted by Pancaspe View Post
    Just like when AQ Gates opened
    No. AQ experienced crushing lag and world server crashes because it was a one time event that everyone on the server wanted to see. You did not have to be there if you were not part of the group doing the turn ins, it was merely curiosity and bragging rights.

OTOH, Blizzard supposedly tuned the Oondasta encounter for two heroic equipped raid groups, which means it was designed to have large numbers of people in the zone in order to have a chance to win, which will generate crushing lag and world server crashes. Combine that with the tendency of players to seek the best possible loot for the least possible work, combined with the pure greed/ease of the new tag == (chance at) loot system and the results are obvious. Unless they are stupid, or hopelessly naive, they had to expect what happened to happen. Which is directly contradictory to the stated purpose of the hotfix.

The people suggesting that Blizzard simply wants to limit player loot from cross realm raiding are more likely correct.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    That is not what was meant. The person you are responding to is stating that every time you kill galleon you have a chance at loot per the standard loot system. It does not matter that you will most likely get gold each time, what matters is that it is not on the weekly loot limit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trakanonn View Post
    No.. boss is too hard for 40 people, so people were doing it with 120+ people to kill it. Blizz says thats a stability issue, so ended 120+ ppl receiving loot.
    The boss itself aint hard for organised 40 ppl but with 100+ is pain first your tanks cant get aggro and second i die like 10 times just because someone around spread the chain beam and yes the fps drops to 10
    And i dint get loot even from coin

Imo this is an unnecessary change, as blizzard says it is a great thing for 100+ people to all work together towards something at this stage of this very old game. It is not like people will still be farming these bosses for more than a few months.

Deleted
    I love how everyone on a low pop realm thinks it's now completely impossible to kill him.

You realize that it was intended for one full group of heroic raiders, right? A lot of oondasta's mechanics can easily be dealt with. It's the fact that there's 200 people around that makes for wipes, as it becomes impossible to 'utilize' some of the mechanics to reduce damage.

He's not easier with fewer people if those people are pugs. Chances are your raid dps won't down him before the stacking enrage turns his roar into a 1 shot

Deleted
    Personally I think this is great.. it was too easy to just gather 3-4 40man raids via realid then zerg the boss.

Poor excuse from Blizzard. They are clearly doing this just so people don't zerg Oondasta as easily.

Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post
    I love how everyone on a low pop realm thinks it's now completely impossible to kill him.

You realize that it was intended for one full group of heroic raiders, right? A lot of oondasta's mechanics can easily be dealt with. It's the fact that there's 200 people around that makes for wipes, as it becomes impossible to 'utilize' some of the mechanics to reduce damage.
    We are more worried about Nalak which is the equivalent of Sha. On my realm there's usually enough people for 1 kill the day on server reset, if your not there you had to CRZ it, but now you can't even do that so gg.

Deleted
    CRZ should just get removed and burn in fire forever.
    It provides 0 benefit. Only ganking, griefing, stealing your farming spots, increased botting, zone change hiccups, wintergrasp instant-dismount death etc. All sort of bad stuff.
    And when they made something that utilizes it nicely - boom disabled.

Just get rid of this shit. Seriously, one of the worst changes in this game ever.

Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Hmmm, I'm no professional, however, it would seem that the need for 200+ people to kill a raid boss is a problem in itself.
    Well, see, the supposedly hard boss is an easy boss, if you have 5 raid groups all respawning from the graveyard that the boss is kited to.

I'm not sure why Blizzard didn't design something into the encounter that would make it gradually harder past 40 players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm a bit surprised at this...a fast fix? For sure. A good one? Not necessarily.

I can see both sides of the coin. After seven years of living on a dying server I finally transferred my main off two weeks ago to a high population realm. That realm was one that had 150+ people at the Oondasta kill this weekend and it lagged out and crashed. However, all of my alts are still on a dead server. If I ever want to kill Oondasta on those alts, I can't even do it with CRZ now and it's certainly not going to happen on the realms themselves. I'd be shocked if there were even 40 people around to form one raid group to kill it on that server.

I really think Blizzard should deal with their server stability issues instead of punishing players on low pop realms. From personal experience, they don't do anything for players on those realms anyways except expect them to pay money to transfer to high pop realms.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Itsredd View Post

Take Sporeggar EU, they can't field a full 10 man group of 90s never mind HC geared ones and the moment CRZ becomes more useful than window dressing it get's disabled. I'm not saying world bosses should be tuned for the lower pop realms but Blizzard had a few choices here ranging from the the hard one of fixing the server issues to the easy, but punitive one, of disabling CRZ. There's a lot of low pop realms that don't just find it hard to find 40 geared 90s, they find it impossible.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by krogy View Post
    We are more worried about Nalak which is the equivalent of Sha. On my realm there's usually enough people for 1 kill the day on server reset, if your not there you had to CRZ it, but now you can't even do that so gg.
    If there's barely enough people on a realm to make one group (seems a bit exaggerated?) it might be time to actually switch realms, or accept the fact that your realm isn't going to be killing it often. The boss is clearly meant to be killed by a large number of experienced players.

The fact that you have to pay to get off of a dying realm is an entirely different story, one that I don't agree with. Thought I'd throw that in there before you say that's not possible due to the cost.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 01:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by madrox View Post
    Take Sporeggar EU, they can't field a full 10 man group of 90s never mind HC geared ones and the moment CRZ becomes more useful than window dressing it get's disabled. I'm not saying world bosses should be tuned for the lower pop realms but Blizzard had a few choices here ranging from the the hard one of fixing the server issues to the easy, but punitive one, of disabling CRZ. There's a lot of low pop realms that don't just find it hard to find 40 geared 90s, they find it impossible.
    I understand where you're coming from, as I stated above this basically. However, simply stating that 'they should have fixed server stability' is a bit of an easy way out. We all like solutions that don't require any effort or downside on our part. Reality is, that isn't as easy to accomplish as we might think. The realms have, as far as I know, never been optimized for having these huge numbers of players packed in a small space.

As a final note, everyone needs to remember you can't loot the bosses. That doesn't mean you can't still get friends etc from different realms to help on the actual kill. Granted, it might be hard to find 80 friends that will accept not getting loot....
    Last edited by mmoce04b469aa5; 2013-03-12 at 12:29 PM.