Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    So you want them to create new heroics. but put them in the same pool as the ones we have.. which means they are going to drop 463 ilvl items and be built for players having ilvl 440ish?

yeah, that will be fun and exciting for players who have ilvl 502 from LFR. Why even build them, they will get destroyed so fast nobody will be able to tell they are new dungeons at all.

Not to boggle your mind, but the ´separate pool´ was required because the newer heroics were more difficult than the older ones. ie.. players with ilvl 440 wouldn´t be able to handle the new ones.

So pick your poison..... you either have the newer dungeons be a challenge for players with ´todays´ gear, which means they are separate queue... or else you have the new heroics in the same queue as the older ones, which means they must be doable for people at 440 ilvl, and therefore absolute faceroll for people with 500ish ilvl.

here is a better solution.. sprinkle in scenarios, LFR, daily quests, weekly quests in order to get your VP.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 04:58 PM ----------

They weren´t overnerfed.. they are fine now. The problem is that now you have a bunch of bad players who jumped on the bandwagon last tier not being able to get close to the theoretical numbers they should be able to do..... because they are bad players.

It has happened that way in the past. It appears that Blizzard overnerfs something, but after a few weeks those FOTM mouthbreathers will jump to a new class and then mages will magically start to pull higher dps simply becasue the bad players are no longer playing that class.
    And see this is the only reason I kibitz and whine. Hunters were overnerfed but no one cares because hunters. We got a minimal buff to one spec and mages got nerfed back to earth with the other classes and now its being considered too much that they are only topping the rest of us DPS by a bit?

sigh
    Another end of page post so I can scroll to the previous pages

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah, that will be fun and exciting for players who have ilvl 502 from LFR. Why even build them, they will get destroyed so fast nobody will be able to tell they are new dungeons at all.

Not to boggle your mind, but the ´separate pool´ was required because the newer heroics were more difficult than the older ones. ie.. players with ilvl 440 wouldn´t be able to handle the new ones.
    You are aware that the system can lock dungeons in a pool because of missing item level? So for example: they can tune the new dungeons to 490 and put them in with the 5.0 ones.
    Everyone below that point will only get 5.0 dungeons.
    Everyone above that point will get 5.0 and 5.2 dungeons.

Maximum randomness and 5.0 dungeon folks still get the chance of a raider carrying them through.

The forum goers would still whine and there would be a few jerks that QQ and leave the high level dungeons b/c they could take longer, but we shouldn't design around those people.

here is a better solution.. sprinkle in scenarios, LFR, daily quests, weekly quests in order to get your VP.
    I am a raider. Why on earth would I want to faceroll scenarios and daily quest (beyond exalted) mobs with my raid gear? It's not the content I want to play.
    I hate scenarios. Not only are their rewards pitiful for the time invested, they also are extremely annoying. I am a CLOTH DPS. I DON'T WANT TO TANK mobs because the other DPS are blue/green and we have not even a chance of playing aggro-pingpong.

LFR is okay, I guess... at least I can toy around with alternate specs on different encounters while getting my VP.

For the record: As Shadow, apart from the trinkets, the valor rewards are pretty crappy. So I probably won't even bother with capping them this time around.

They weren´t overnerfed.. they are fine now.
    I'm a shadow priest and I think they hit the mages a little too hard. Esp when you think about that many ToT encounters aren't exactly mage-friendly.
    Last edited by Granyala; 2013-03-12 at 05:20 PM.

No, here's what I'd do:

1. Make new 5 mans that drop ilvl 490 item. (Slightly higher than the 5.2 LFR requirement.)
    2. Add them to the 5.0 pool of 5 mans for everyone whose ilvl is high enough for them. (ilvl 460?)
    3. Let the old 5 mans drop that gear as well.

And now the twist:

4. Scale everybody's ilvl down to 440 in the old 5 mans.

You could even limit point 3 to LFD runs, so that people who want the original items for mogging can stil get them.

Quote Originally Posted by Eliandal View Post
    Pretty much this! On a tiny - RP server no less. We sure as hell don't have 40 heroic raiders. Seems like Blizzard wants us to transfer to actually kill this boss ;P!
    You can still kill him using crz you just wont get loot. If its like Galleon you can still use a coin roll though. So all you really need to do is find some crz friends on high pop servers to inv you.

So you want them to create new heroics. but put them in the same pool as the ones we have.. which means they are going to drop 463 ilvl items and be built for players having ilvl 440ish?

So pick your poison..... you either have the newer dungeons be a challenge for players with ´todays´ gear, which means they are separate queue... or else you have the new heroics in the same queue as the older ones, which means they must be doable for people at 440 ilvl, and therefore absolute faceroll for people with 500ish ilvl.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 04:58 PM ----------

They weren´t overnerfed.. they are fine now. The problem is that now you have a bunch of bad players who jumped on the bandwagon last tier not being able to get close to the theoretical numbers they should be able to do..... because they are bad players.

It has happened that way in the past. It appears that Blizzard overnerfs something, but after a few weeks those FOTM mouthbreathers will jump to a new class and then mages will magically start to pull higher dps simply becasue the bad players are no longer playing that class.
    Why would I want the new dungeons to be challenging? The old ones aren't and never were. You're thinking of challenge modes. I'll go in there when I want a challenge (and I do). I don't want a challenge when I'm capping vp, I want in and out in 15 mins. I want to take my raid gear and blow through them. It would be more fun for me to have a bit more variety of the caves I'm blasting through. And yes there are alternatives to dungeons to cap. I, and based on the queue times a lot of others prefer dungeons. I don't want to deal with the headache of LFR. Scenarios are hollow and empty and just not fun to me. I like to tank, I like going into dungeons with friends. I don't want to do dailies, this is an mmo not a single player game.

So again, you don't need a separate queue, you don't need updated loot. The raiders who do their daily heroic right now aren't going in there for gear, why would they need to for new dungeons? You make them drop 463, problem solved. I get 80vp and some rep in a new place, yay.

The story of the Zandalari isn't over yet!
    Does this mean we get to see http://www.wowwiki.com/Rastakhan at some point in the future?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by coltsown View Post
    Does this mean we get to see http://www.wowwiki.com/Rastakhan at some point in the future?
    Yes. And Prophet Zul too.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

10+ Year Old Account
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Priest: Shadow Word: Pain damage -25%.
    We want the dot specs to do well in multi-dot scenarios, but Affliction, Demonology and Shadow were doing too well on multi-dot fights and are still quite competitive on non-multi-dot fights. Balance druids, so far, are where we want them to be.
    *deletes recount again*

mages

Quote Originally Posted by SmokeNicotine View Post
    Show me any WOL's where a mage is top and I'll believe you.
    simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html
    simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T14H.html

and few others i advice looking at WoL too

Quote Originally Posted by Papamidnyte View Post
    simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T15H.html
    simulationcraft.org/520/Raid_T14H.html

and few others i advice looking at WoL too
    Simcraft doesn't equal reality. Please, quit the internet.