Time for Parrying to go?

I've always thougth that parrying from the bosses is a lame mechanic, if I was the tank I could understand the idea, but being melee dps just dpsing on the sides and getting parried is quite ridiculous. Even with expertise being way over the cap, we are still getting parried so often. Also, there are many fights where melee just can't stand behind the boss most of the time, whereas ranged dps never have any problem not landing the hits. Anyone agree with getting rid of this mechanic?

Eh usually on fights where melee are forced to the front of a boss, ranged have a lot to handle so it generally evens itself out. IE. Ragnaros, Sinestra, (debatebly) sha, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Farahawnee View Post
    Not having an authenticator on your account is like not locking your windows because your front door is locked, and then wondering how a burglar got in.

If you are on the boss' side and being parried, you are clearly not past the 180 degree line of being on the front or back half of him.

Mechanic is fine, position yourself better.

Only ranged DPS that won't have issues vs Parry are casters. Hunters do fall on the same table as melee do now. I know my experience is limited to LFR, but the sole encounter I could say might be troublesome from 5.0's raids is Garalon (and even then, not THAT hard, IMO). Nothing else ever proved to be difficult in that regard. Don't like the mechanic, re-roll a caster and forget about it.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Parry is stupid!

I once got Parried by a wolf!

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    Parry is stupid!

Teeth bro.

OT: I don't mind it, when I'm playing a melee DPS I find a way to get behind the boss or in the area blizz designates as behind the boss when there isn't one.(See ultraxion.)

Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Only ranged DPS that won't have issues vs Parry are casters. Hunters do fall on the same table as melee do now.
    hunters can only be dodged if under the cap, not parried.

Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    Parry is stupid!

Don't underestimate wolves, mein friend. Try punching one in the face in real life and come back on here and report to us... we'll take into consideration the fact that you'll be typing with stumps, also.

Parry is good because it gives us another stat to gear for; without it we'd nearly have everything already laid out for us and all we'd have to gear for is our main stat, some hit (which they've already lowered) and crit or mastery.