Prot Pally setup, few Q's

Hey all i'm currently the main tank in a newly created guild, as well as being the raid leader...
    Cleared 12/12N before and such, and this is the guilds first week together and shortly after the full clear together we are planning on heroics.

As a prot pally im using haste build but i've been looking at the tier this patch and it honestly looks, meh...
    I think the 2 pc is bad as it is, the only time i word of glory is rarely ever / if i have holy avenger up for mass Holy power, or if i'm soloing, i wanted to try the tier for the 4pc though, but even though i havent got it (3 set atm) i'm thinking of going back to normal gear e.g. replacing the tier with dps gear (haste/mastery).

What are other pallys views on this? get 4 peice prot... or just ignore it and go full on dps gear haste/mastery wise.

Deleted
    I personally do use WoG even outside Holy Avenger if my hp dips low after a boss special even with ShoRing it (Horridon hc later Triple Punctures, Ji-Kun hc second and third Talon Rake, etc). So I don't find the 2pc tier bonus irrelevant either, so I'm definately aiming for 4pc tier with offspec chest. Other pieces tend to have either mastery, expertise or hit so they're not completely useless. I'd love to hear any experiences regarding the 4pc bonus though.

Deleted
    Wanting some opinions regarding the 4pc bonus too... honestly looks really meh to meh and wondering if its not better to go for 2 piece and then off pieces

If you enjoy using Unbreakable Spirit then its not that terrible, and if you're doing 25 mans its quite good, in 10 man normal though I'd pass all the tier gear to others and pick it up when you're done, its pretty lackluster. Gets better in heroics but still quite underwhelming with how much hard mitigation we have

As has already been said, the way i play is to make sure i sotr all the big hits.

If after a big hit if i am sub 30% ish I will instantly WoG so I dont die from next melee hit, if i am above 30% I will just keep on going with sotr.

2pc seems pretty decent, I picked up 2pc towards the start of ToT and I have passed all other teir. Saying that, if I get two hc offset peices I will probably drop my teir all together though

From a 10HC POV:
    2pc tier (helm, shoulders) is all I would go for, as 4pc is simply too many subpar stat allocations. The 4pc is moderate HoPo gains with UbS, but on fights where you can/should run HoPur/Clemency the effect is marginalized hard. Personally, I run zero tier, as 1) it will serve your raid far better to give those set bonuses to DPS (namely warlocks, spriests) and 2) there is zero haste on any of the pieces. If you're going for a haste build as you stated, aiming for 2pc is directly opposed to that. Pick up the shoulders off of Tortos (haste/crit) and the helm off Animus (Haste/crit) and reforge the crit if you want max haste.

YMMV in 25mans, as far as 4pc is concerned, but the fact remains that our tier is poorly itemized at best for a haste build. The helm/shoulders are the only "acceptable" pieces, which is why most people that DO want tier, aim for those and fill gaps with offpieces and/or ret chest.

But yes, the 2pc is a nice bonus when used appropriately (IE, after an "oh-shit" moment with a 5BOG-WoG to re-coup your bastion stacks), but certainly nothing game-breaking or playstlye-changing...just reduces the penalty for using WOG instead of ShotR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...