Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by draconith1 View Post
    Right well outside of "YOUR IDEAS ARE BAD AND YOU SHOULD FEEL BAD." what ideas are you contributing? At least I'm trying to think of a solution. I'm honestly not an expert on the effectiveness of captcha but once again at least I'm thinking. I bet it's really easy to sit there criticizing my idea without offering one of your own, and interrupting? Are you some type of caveman who can't type a simple word in less than 20 seconds? Yeah, that's a real big interruption.
    Wow, chill the fuck out. It's a public gaming forum, people are entitled to their opinion and in terms of 'shooting down an idea'.. He went quite lightly on you.

I think your concept is terrible aswell, not the idea though. Everyone hates captcha, it would absolutely do more harm than good. If we were to go along the lines of user interaction to prove being human, make it fun/involving as previously stated.

OCRs exist, (optical character recognition)

Which can easily bypass the "type this random word we picked"

It may hinder them for a while... until it's programmed into the bot they use.

Hiring a bunch of people and having them do inspections (or inspections based on suggestions from players on the spot) on how people are playing/operating would be the only true way to stop botters.

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    people dont bot because the games not fun - most people bot to either make money or play when they dont have time.
    actually I disagree here. many pvpers simply hate random bgs (or bgs in general but rbgs happen to give most points so you're kinda forced to do at least a couple every week). swim always hated grinding honor and was afk more often than not.