Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    if youre a warlock in arena with 300k health - seeing as it hit for half your health - then that's your first worry, your second is - you let him get off a 2 second cast.
    1) Load the amount of weight I would deadlift onto the bench
    2) Unrack
    3) Crank out 15 reps
    4) Be ashamed of constantly skipping leg day

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cannonballs View Post
    Stampede: 5 minute cooldown, the beasts can be feared/stunned/rooted/etc.
    Powershot: Interruptable, 3 second cast (lol?) and will not pierce invulnerabilities.
    Chaosbolt: 3 second cast, repeatable, ignores invuln situations.

Learn to counter the abilities you are complaining about, instead of soaking your panties with tears.
    If you are telling other how to counter abilities, it's suggested you know yourself how the abilities work.

-Powershot can not be interrupted with a normal interrupt, only with cc.
    -Chaos bolt doesn't pierce anything

Quote Originally Posted by Oggy View Post
    You can run and cast chaos bolt, aswell and poping a cd that make it impossible to interupt you.
    The hunter have to stand still for 2.2-4 seconds and can be intrupted.
    And it a PS takes 50% of your hp, stop pvping in green lvl 85 leveling gear.
    Or just l2p, also an option.
    Unending resolve only prevents real interrupts, you can still use cc or run out of LoS to 'interrupt' a chaos bolt.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthius View Post
    Surprised its not been mentioned that Powershot is on a 60 second cooldown and Chaos Bolt needs only an ember!
    And your point is? Chaos bolt is not the only thing warlocks use emberss for.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    Your a lock , 400k hp and hitting folks with 180k chaos bolts. POWERSHOT should NOT hit you with 150k. Show us a combat logg or screenshot and your armory so we have proof. We got NOTHING now.
    What 180k chaosbolts are you talking about? I cannot crit that much on geared targets and I'm full 2/2 malevolent with s12 t2 weapon.

Quote Originally Posted by Hegemonia View Post
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11SQi...ature=youtu.be

Check out this video - You can also check out my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gemonia/simple

I have 63.85% resilience.
    Chaosbolts hit for 100K when you fight full resilience targets, Powershot hits for 165K as you can see in the video
    Without cooldowns, chaos bolt is more like 70-80k crits. :/

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    Warlocks can shield for ~300k every minute. 2 powershots will barely put a dent in that. It's the spec itself not powershot that is broken. Blizzard decides to give BM a fuck ton of CDs. It isn't powershot, it's the spec. Complain about that.
    It's not like there is absolutely no damage on the warlock while you are using powershot. Unless you open with powershot, the warlock should in most cases already have used sacrificial pact.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebonheart View Post
    Another thing you forget is that power shot has a 1 min CD compared to a Warlock's chaos bolt. To top it off, you ain't even guaranteed a crit and it doesn't pierce through all absorbs.
    Chaos bolt doesn't pierce either, only pre MoP chaos bolt did.

Quote Originally Posted by Decan View Post
    Dude I crit chaos bolt for that much on my lock and i dont even have fully pvp gear, stop qqing.
    Yeah, and I have BiS s12 gear and I can crit that with all my cooldowns up... Sorry but noone cares about damage on undergeared targets

Quote Originally Posted by willtron View Post
    if youre a warlock in arena with 300k health - seeing as it hit for half your health - then that's your first worry, your second is - you let him get off a 2 second cast.
    In 2s, getting a 2second shot off is doable with the amount of cc that hunters have and the inability to use a normal interrupt on it.

Because I can't just quote on every single post here, chaos bolt and power shot are 2 completely different skills. Stop comparing them just because both can do high damage.
    Powershot damage is currently over the top and needs to be toned down. Hunters do currently have more then enough burst, having an ability that can crit this high is simply stupid.
    I'm not saying now that chaos bolt critting for 150k with all cooldowns up is fine, but since destruction lacks any other form of damage aside from chaos bolt during cooldowns, I can understand it can crit that high. Not to mention that a chaos bolt during cooldowns is a lot harder to pull off then a single chaos bolt due the "red bubble of interrupt me now because I'm casting chaos bolt".

Since Niberion is far more experienced in PvP than me , he put it way more eloquently but my idea was the same.

BM Hunter damage is really amazing - the burst and the sustained pressure are both way too good. When you add an ability that crits 50% higher than Chaosbolt (which was a main source of complaints 3 months ago) and you have a way too OP spec.

Powershot damage needs to be toned down to avoid dumb situations where you get globalled when it crits in Arena, Battlegrounds or even 1v1. It's not like the BM Hunter doesn't have any other ways to output crazy amounts of damage.

Please stop comparing Hunters to Locks, we are only talking about BM Hunters in combination with Powershot. It doesn't matter that the OP plays a lock, I have many other characters as you can imagine.

Deleted
    Since Niberion is far more experienced in PvP than me , he put it way more eloquently but my idea was the same.

BM Hunter damage is really amazing - the burst and the sustained pressure are both way too good. When you add an ability that crits 50% higher than Chaosbolt (which was a main source of complaints 3 months ago) and you have a way too OP spec.

Powershot damage needs to be toned down to avoid dumb situations where you get globalled when it crits in Arena, Battlegrounds or even 1v1. It's not like the BM Hunter doesn't have any other ways to output crazy amounts of damage.

Please stop comparing Hunters to Locks, we are only talking about BM Hunters in combination with Powershot. It doesn't matter that the OP plays a lock, I have many other characters as you can imagine.
    PvP isn't balanced 1v1 get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henkdejager View Post
    PvP isn't balanced 1v1 get over it.
    Who said that? You need to start reading the posts and not just glance over for 2 sec and say something meaningless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11SQi...ature=youtu.be

Check out this video - You can also check out my armory http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...gemonia/simple

I have 63.85% resilience.
    Chaosbolts hit for 100K when you fight full resilience targets, Powershot hits for 165K as you can see in the video
    Thing is you allow them to do that. I don't see an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Miko View Post
    Thing is you allow them to do that. I don't see an issue.
    They did it out of stealth, you cant counterspell powershot

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gangresnake View Post
    They did it out of stealth, you cant counterspell powershot
    You also can't do it out of stealth.

And guess what you can do? Disarm them. Locks have a disarm?????

Again. The issue is not power shot. The issue is Cooldowns. Even so, Hunter dps cooldowns do not really effect how hard power shot hits. How is that what people are bitching about when shatter combos have CONTINUED to be 50% of your health bar and a 4 second CC? I tried out Powershot on a rogue buddy (low armor target) and it hit for ~120k crit.

Again, you cannot bitch about a classes capacity to deal damage during CD's if you aren't playing correctly. Pop a damn cooldown. If he still kills you in 4 seconds, there's a problem (5.0 warriors). He popped EVERYTHING he had for the next 3 minutes and you just took it. I don't really see how this team farmed you. Your rogue can completely lock one down and you have fear bombs/defensives to live through cooldowns and cast fear at the other hunter that isn't being sat on by the rogue.

Powershot really is not that much more insane than just having Glaive Toss. I would be willing to wager you won't see much Powershot usage in high-end arenas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    You also can't do it out of stealth.

And guess what you can do? Disarm them. Locks have a disarm?????
    Warlocks can use their blueberry to disarm, however, in most cases they won't be using it since a blanket silence is a lot more useful.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Niberion View Post
    Warlocks can use their blueberry to disarm, however, in most cases they won't be using it since a blanket silence is a lot more useful.
    Against double hunter?

10+ Year Old Account
    Against double hunter?
    Unless playing with a mage or death knight, yes

Why are we trying to shift a discussion of how OP Powershot is into a discussion of Hunter vs Lock and what Locks can do to counter it?

The discussion is not about countering - everyone can counter anything given the perfect set of circumstances.

The thing is that this talent hits for too much and whenever you cannot counter it you are globalled into oblivion.

This is not a Lock Vs Hunter discussion - read the name of the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Tehstool View Post
    I've never seen powershot hit for that much on full pvp geared targets. You must be doing something wrong.
    Seriously? You're just gonna ignore the fact that he posted a video and an armory link and still say you've never seen it hit for that much? Click the link, now you have.

Then you later go on to talk about defensive cooldowns? -.- He's saying what it hits for without the cooldowns... and your only arguement has been "You're doing something wrong" right...

"I don't have a clue what's going on but it must be your fault, even with overwhelming evidence... Naaaaah you're doing something wrong, it's the only input I can make"

Oh and to go back on track. Powershot is fine. I've crit just a little lower than that with obliterate on equally geared players with all CDs popped, you if i'm lucky you'll get another one straight after for apparently 100% of your health
    Last edited by TeeZed; 2013-03-14 at 08:47 PM.

I'm not denying powershot is a little strong, but, you're a fucking warlock, pop one of your 5000000000000 defensive cds, or just eat it because you have twice the health of every non-tank spec anyway. -_-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hunterpower View Post
    I'm not denying powershot is a little strong, but, you're a fucking warlock, pop one of your 5000000000000 defensive cds, or just eat it because you have twice the health of every non-tank spec anyway. -_-
    A fully geared beast mastery hunter can actually burst a warlock down with all his defensive cooldowns up at once in a 1v1.

Deleted
    hahahaa you are just dogsht, NO IM NOT a BM myself, i just dont get raped in 5 sec with LOS'able dmg
    if you dont counter the dmg, you can get raped like mad by almost any class, get over it, this is wow nowadays.
    L2avoidburst

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    We aren't making it warlock vs hunter. We're making it an outplayed thread. You didn't pop a single defensive CD to deal with 4- FOUR offensive CD's, then complained it hit you too hard. You also didn't fear or Howl a single time, or even instant mortal coil OR TAKE YOUR PORTAL before you were at 5% then bitched that it hit you for 165k.

We aren't making it warlock vs hunter. We're making it an outplayed thread. You didn't pop a single defensive CD to deal with 4- FOUR offensive CD's, then complained it hit you too hard. You also didn't fear or Howl a single time, or even instant mortal coil OR TAKE YOUR PORTAL before you were at 5% then bitched that it hit you for 165k.
    Well as I said only 10 times - we were being farmed and this was the 4th or the 5th game and I DID NOT USE ANY DEFENSIVE COOLDOWNS ON PURPOSE TO SHOW BM HUNTER DAMAGE WITH POWERSHOT - that's why I frapsed it. You can imagine that I did use all defensives in the previous games and we still lost.

This doesn't even matter, this is not the point of this thread. The point is that Powershot hits for way too much while the BM hunter has enough output to pressure anybody in 3 seconds even without a 165K crit.

Really guys, read before posting.

Powershot isn't the problem, it's BM itself. It's fine that they can take that much hp out with a lucky rng crit with an ability that can be interrupted, losed, and roots the hunter. It isn't fine to do that exact same damage from an equally powerful source right after. I'm not saying it wont be nerfed, just it's not overpowered.

Signature by Geekissexy Check out her Deviantart

Quote Originally Posted by Synthaxx View Post
    The rationale is that it's a Warlock, who specifically mentioned Chaos bolt, complaining that they're now on the receiving end of similar levels of burst. It's a somewhat flawed argument from us, but it's difficult for us to side with you when we've all been on the receiving end of Chaos Bolt since the expansion launched. You know the big difference? The cooldown on powershot -- 2 minutes, makes it much less 'spammable' than Chaos Bolt.
    OK, let's say that my main is a Shammy - how does this change the discussion? I guess now Powershot is not OK because Shammies did not Chaosbolt you in the beginning of the expansion. It is a flawed argument. (and it is on 1 min CD)