Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account
    Keep in mind no one here has actually TESTED anything yet. Don't claim it hasn't fixed the problem till you actually try it.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    A 40% increase to shit damage is... still shit damage +40%.
    I dunno, Mage bomb is between 10-15% of our damage so this is a decent size buff of ~4-6%. We get even more benefit with multi-target fights.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    I love how they admit mobility is a problem and still make no move to fix it.

Starting to think that the driver is letting the passengers drive the short bus, here.
    RIDE the short bus. They won't give us the reigns. Ghostcrawler continues to ignore our pleas about L90 talents, mobility, and the fact that if we're not top DPS, we're not brought because there's no other point to bring a Mage.

---------- Post added 2013-03-12 at 03:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Proakryt View Post
    I dunno, Mage bomb is between 10-15% of our damage so this is a decent size buff of ~4-6%. We get even more benefit with multi-target fights.
    I still don't think it will be significant enough for me to multi-dot.

I will say this though: Tortos will be FUN because I play Frostbomb Frost on it >:3

VAMPIRE BATS, PREPARE TO DIE! *Maniacal laughter*
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't expect this one. I'm torn on this. I like it but since i'm already pentalized in switching targets as frost - it feels clunky. We'll see in the raid tonight how it performs.

FB on bats...of...course! I should have thought about that! <3
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

Mages are lacking in PvE. Let us give them a PvP burst buff. Sounds about right.

They really need to have separate formulas for PvP and PvE. The sooner, the better.
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Mages are lacking in PvE. Let us give them a PvP burst buff. Sounds about right.
    Hey, I totally wanted to play an Affliction lock!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

I'm going to try to use my words, because physical anger is dangerous considering I sit at a glass desk:

Why can't they make our nuking more valuable when we can actually stand and cast. I'm not a warlock. I use my bomb grudgingly. This change is shows an obvious disconnect and, if I can be so bold, petty attitude.

If anyone is seriously seeing hope in this, I'm ... well I'm suprised.

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    Unless that's not how coding works.
    It would be easier than that ... they have two columns in the database for the spell dmg factor, instead of one. One for player target, one for non-player.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    Kinda how I feel.

Also, we're lacking for a plethora of reasons, but giving our measly DoTs a buff won't change much. The only change I like is the Frost Bomb buff for Tortos.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Boom, nice change to frost bomb. Called that flawlessly, along with nerf to howling blast. Damn I'm good...or a secret Blizz employee with knowledge of incoming class changes. Who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by Malfecto View Post
    I'm going to try to use my words, because physical anger is dangerous considering I sit at a glass desk:

Why can't they make our nuking more valuable when we can actually stand and cast. I'm not a warlock. I use my bomb grudgingly. This change is shows an obvious disconnect and, if I can be so bold, petty attitude.

This is what baffles me. If they want us to be turrets, our primary nukes should be strong as hell. Fireball is AS WEAK AS FROSTBOLT IS, AND THAT'S A FUCKING JOKE.

Not to mention, if we stood still more in PvP to try and cast our worthwhile nukes, I highly doubt anyone would complain too much (Oh wait, they did when Frostbolt was +52%... -_-)

I'm seeing hope in that they see a problem, but despair in that they are not seeing it clearly.

I want to be a stationary awesome glass cannon that gets punished for moving... the dot is handy for AoE, but it shouldn't be the core. We should have awesome enough standing still damage, to counter the crap we do when moving.

10+ Year Old Account

Probably the same people that say "MAGE LEVEL 90 TALENTS ARE FUN AND COMPELLING!"

At the very least Frost is slightly less painful owing to the lack of Freeze and Invocation's cast time reduction. I miss Arcane though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

Quote Originally Posted by schwarzkopf View Post
    I'm seeing hope in that they see a problem, but despair in that they are not seeing it clearly.

I want to be a stationary awesome glass cannon that gets punished for moving... the dot is handy for AoE, but it shouldn't be the core. We should have awesome enough standing still damage, to counter the crap we do when moving.
    Which is how I feel about Arcane.

Arcane is the ULTIMATE turret specc. On Patchwerk-style fights, Arcane should ALWAYS, I mean, ALWAYS be the #1 DPS (unless the Mage has no idea how to play Mage or is completely ungeared against geared folk).

Quote Originally Posted by Edx View Post
    Applying a simple modifier to a spell based on the target wouldn't have any measurable effect on game performance.

This also shouldn't be hard to implement unless their codebase is some kind of horrible abomination.
    In which case there's an even worse issue at hand than DPS balancing.

(PS: Your avatar? Fucking amazing. <3)

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's about what I was expecting. It was the easiest solution, and a fair buff to our multidot/AOE. I don't see why the tears are here. If it's not enough, we'll get more. Probably by the level 90 talents next time.

If these buffs aren’t sufficient, we will happily make more, but we’d rather make a few buffs a few times in a row rather than over buff then have to nerf it back down.
    Now I know why people don't take the mage community seriously. It's been a week since 5.2 and we have already had our voices heard. You can't expect massive changes to happen overnight (unless it's a nerf ). Hold out, try out this week and we shall see from there. Granted, this should have happened on PTR but it didn't, what are you going to do about it?

Quote Originally Posted by Kuni Zyrekai View Post
    That's about what I was expecting. It was the easiest solution, and a fair buff to our multidot/AOE. I don't see why the tears are here. If it's not enough, we'll get more. Probably by the level 90 talents next time.
    The tears are here for two reasons:

1. The wrong buff for a mage class
    2. The buff is WAY to OP in PvP so wont last.

Holy shit our damage is buffed and still the sky is falling. Stop crying about literally every change that they release and just keep doing Throne until your fire DPS scales up so you can stop complaining.

(except for the part where it buffs frost pvp, that's a valid complaint, I don't know what they're thinking)

<Stage Clear> 14/14H Always Recruiting