Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I was hoping to hear more ideas on the best way to implement this "buff", not complaints about complaints. Imo seems like haste/nt would give this a nice accomodation. Haven't been able to really look at it much servers just dropped down again. Any other suggestions?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aycheff View Post
    (which prob won't happen cause you people aren't happy unless you're doing 30% more than the next person)
    When the only thing that your class offers is superior single-target DPS, it would follow that it should be able to do that better than others.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I only wish they gave us slightly better self healing. 10% every 2,5 seconds is not much considering you gotta channel it instead of lets say damaging your target.
    Cold Snap 30% every 3 mins is meh

Just did Council in LFR and well....I guess the buff is working as intended...?

Granted, like I said, this was Council in LFR where multidotting is best this tier but it still seems odd to have a dot be doing 40%+ of your damage.

Don't know how much the buff helps on single target fights though, wasn't really paying attention until I saw that 40% NT damage lol.

Horridon was still on my skada from the same LFR:
    Last edited by Jaylol; 2013-03-12 at 11:08 PM. Reason: Added Horridon

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylol View Post
    Just did Council in LFR and well....I guess the buff is working as intended...?

Granted, like I said, this was Council in LFR where multidotting is best this tier but it still seems odd to have a dot be doing 40%+ of your damage.

Don't know how much the buff helps on single target fights though, wasn't really paying attention until I saw that 40% NT damage lol.
    Just because nether tempest is 41.5% of your overall damage doesn't mean that you're dpsing the fight in the best possible way. You could also go in and only cast nether tempest then afk until you have to refresh yours dots to do 100% nether tempest damage.

If you're gonna post a log like this please give us the overall dps too, since in a lot of cases (prebuff) casting a bunch of nether tempests was actually a dps loss.

58.12m dmg / 155.5k dps for Council
    74.61m dmg / 155.7k for Horridon

Pretty confident it wasn't/isn't a dps loss to NT 3-4 targets, especially now with this buff. But that's about the limit you want to stop at.

510 ilvl as well.
    Last edited by Jaylol; 2013-03-12 at 11:23 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SaltLakeAtrocity View Post
    Warlocks get nerfed and mages get buffed. Once again ensuring that mages will always be the center of attention as far as ranged dps is concerned.
    Wow - I've moved from absolute bottom - all the way up to absolute bottom on my arcane mage. Sure to be center of attention lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    When the only thing that your class offers is superior single-target DPS, it would follow that it should be able to do that better than others.
    ^

Worst self-healing, no raid utility, no "alt" roles (e.g., able to tank something for a sec as you BR your dead tank; not able to go healer or tank for 4 healer/3 tank fights), nothing but mediocre DPS atm.

Warlocks have ridiculous healing, great raid utility for a pure, they CAN actually alt-tank something if Demo with Dark Apo, do top DPS, and to top it off, they have some pretty sweet visual effects, as well as 100% mobility.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    ^

Worst self-healing, no raid utility, no "alt" roles (e.g., able to tank something for a sec as you BR your dead tank; not able to go healer or tank for 4 healer/3 tank fights), nothing but mediocre DPS atm.

Warlocks have ridiculous healing, great raid utility for a pure, they CAN actually alt-tank something if Demo with Dark Apo, do top DPS, and to top it off, they have some pretty sweet visual effects, as well as 100% mobility.
    Dont forget the healthnomz ^^

Don't understand people crying here. It is a crazy and unexpected buff, and I guess it will be reverted soon. If not, mage is OP again.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    Don't understand people crying here. It is a crazy and unexpected buff, and I guess it will be reverted soon. If not, mage is OP again.
    No it won't be reverted and more buffs must come, monotarget is just a 5k buff, go to raidbots, mean dps, add 5 to mage specs... still bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandacally View Post
    This is a < 5k DPS buff, which still keeps us at the bottom.

Just because I'm in a (very) slightly better place than I am now doesn't change the fact that we're still just as bad.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    This 'buff' wouldn't be so bad if they didn't remove IB spreading LB to multi targets in the patch... In addition, Single Target on Megadea last night LB made up 5.9% of my damage with an 89% uptime.... Yay, what a buff this is gonna be....

I've come in here before and defended blizz on Mages, mainly because I felt that some people on here were complaining about things that weren't real issues if they played correctly, but now.... I really have no idea wtf they are doing with Mages I stayed Fire all the way through the Arcane phase in the last tier as I was still knocking out very competitive deeps, but now... I'm so far behind its not even funny, I'm the GM and RL and I'm gonna have to drop myself until blizz wake the fuck up and actually put us back in-line, not make us multi dotters or buff an absolutely meaningless spell

I still can't get over LB not spreading anymore, I'm just boggled by it....

I can't help but feel that the sense of entitlement of "topping meters" is quite overbearing in this thread. I understand your utility is minor (except Time Warp isn't minor, in a 10-man scenario, you don't always get the classes you need), and your DPS is actually low right now, but all this talk of deserving #1 spots is pretty disgusting. I'm all for Mage buffs too, and I don't know if the Bombs buff is enough (probably not for single target), but fighting over #1 spots on the DPS meter makes me think your perspective is terribly skewed.

Elemental Shamans were the turret class pre-4.2 (it was even worse in WotLK), and they almost never consistently topped meters. Thinking Mage deserves it (for some reason) is just weird to me. Having said that, yay Mage buffs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PaintOnASign View Post
    t fighting over #1 spots on the DPS meter makes me think your perspective is terribly skewed.

Elemental Shamans were the turret class pre-4.2 (it was even worse in WotLK), and they almost never consistently topped meters. Thinking Mage deserves it (for some reason) is just weird to me. Having said that, yay Mage buffs.
    I dont think you get what we (the "you" in your comment) are fighting for. We aren't fighting for #1. We're fighting for our raid spots because we are middle of the pack, without utility. Ty for an interesting perspective, but I think it's misplaced.

Getting back to the topic at hand. Fbomb crits are nice. I'd like to see some real data on NT/Fbomb comparisons now.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

I can't help but feel that the sense of entitlement of "topping meters" is quite overbearing in this thread. I understand your utility is minor (except Time Warp isn't minor, in a 10-man scenario, you don't always get the classes you need), and your DPS is actually low right now, but all this talk of deserving #1 spots is pretty disgusting. I'm all for Mage buffs too, and I don't know if the Bombs buff is enough (probably not for single target), but fighting over #1 spots on the DPS meter makes me think your perspective is terribly skewed.

For the 100th time, it's not that we feel entitled to, it's that IF WE'RE NOT THE TOP DPS, WE AREN'T BROUGHT BECAUSE THERE'S NO OTHER REASON TO BRING US WHEN HYBRIDS CAN DO WHAT WE DO, BUT BETTER, AND WITH UTILITY. (Or Warlocks)

Ffs, people, read what we type.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    I dont think you get what we (the "you" in your comment) are fighting for. We aren't fighting for #1. We're fighting for our raid spots because we are middle of the pack, without utility. Ty for an interesting perspective, but I think it's misplaced.
    I never said "every single person in this thread". But there are quite a few people who are very specific of being #1, you can't deny that. And frankly, if we're being realistic, not every single Mage in the game is being replaced or sat. Yeah, some very hardcore guilds who class-stack will prefer other classes, but I think we also forget that Mages have actually been in a position to be stacked too. Not every class has had that... luxury?

Quote Originally Posted by Dragon9870 View Post
    For the 100th time, it's not that we feel entitled to, it's that IF WE'RE NOT THE TOP DPS, WE AREN'T BROUGHT BECAUSE THERE'S NO OTHER REASON TO BRING US WHEN HYBRIDS CAN DO WHAT WE DO, BUT BETTER, AND WITH UTILITY. (Or Warlocks)
    Yeah, again. If this was a massive epidemic scouring the land of Azeroth, I'd understand. But its not. Exaggerating your point doesn't really help. Again, I agree with the buffs, but at a certain point, things do get overblown.

Well Ele shamans are bringing more utility to the raid than a mage does, with totems, off healing if needed etc. As a mage you bring medicore dps.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadii View Post
    Well Ele shamans are bringing more utility to the raid than a mage does, with totems, off healing if needed etc. As a mage you bring medicore dps.
    Not to mention target swapping isn't that bad as Ele. CL ALL the things, and keep Flame Shock on your primary target.

All 3 Mage speccs suffer for swapping. Fire needs Pyromaniac and Ignite, Frost needs 3x Debuff, and Arcane... well, Arcane just sucks at everything atm.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadii View Post
    I agree, and I did mention that. Ele Shamans are doing well right now, and they do bring utility. Except head over to the Shaman forums and you'll see the exact opposite argument. Higher utility shouldn't be a reason for having lower DPS, Ele Shamans have been middle to last of the pack pre-5.2.

Again, I'm all for Mage buffs, I leveled one just so I could switch over from Ele Shaman, I just dont understand the entitlement that some players seem to have about being #1 over others, with or without the utility.