Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post
    What helps me a lot on Horridon, in particular, is on the right you'll see the Frostbolt icon. That's so that I can see the 3x Frostbolt debuff on the boss, while I still switch and help adds. So I do the fight properly yet I make sure NEVER to lose my rampup.
    How do you set that youll track horridon's debuff while you actually target the adds?

You set your frostbolt debuff track icon to watch focus and just have horridon on focus the entire fight or you did something different ?

Quote Originally Posted by fusionz View Post
    How do you set that youll track horridon's debuff while you actually target the adds?

You set your frostbolt debuff track icon to watch focus and just have horridon on focus the entire fight or you did something different ?
    Focus would work, I personally have nice customised boss frames that show my debuffs (shadowed unit frames). Works great for me for bosses like Horridon, but even more so for bosses like council (its also great for multidotting).
    Last edited by willemh; 2013-03-15 at 06:56 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Serene View Post
    I do something very similar with WeakAuras, if I'm honest. I rely quite heavily on it but oh well, there you go.
    I just base all my specific auras around my castbars so it's very easy to track everything.

I use both Power Auras Clasic and Weak Auras as well as extracd. Extra Cd auto add procs to a bar below my toon and gives a big flash when they are popped and a red countdown for the ICD. Love it. Using all the above in conjunction with Forte's cd bar. Wthout monitors I wouldn't be able to keep up. As it is I am doing fine as frost and even at only 493 with no tier bonuses.

10+ Year Old Account
    We're incredible right now, despite our design flaws.
    We're tolerable. Furthermore, DPS high or low is a mask of actual issues.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll refer you to the bit of the sentence after the comma? Let's not continue to talk past each other, guys, it's not productive.

Quote Originally Posted by Didactic View Post
    We're tolerable. Furthermore, DPS high or low is a mask of actual issues.
    People only look at the numbers and if they seem fine they are happy and if they don't they are mad..

15+ Year Old Account
    I've said it times before, we are a DPS class, we are designed to put out incredible numbers. My first toon was a Paladin, what you would call a "utility" class...it wasn't fun. There isn't anything fun about being brought only because you bring a buff to a raid, nor is it fun putting out crappy numbers because you can bring a CD to the raid. Please, stop trying to turn the Mage class into a support class: IT'S NOT WHAT IT IS. If the numbers you see are fine, then great! That's the point of the class. If the numbers are glaringly off, then, well...shit needs to be fixed. Keep discussion in THIS thread about the buffs in the last hotfix, this is not the time or place to discuss personal opinions regarding class overhaul.
    BfA Beta Time

Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    I've said it times before, we are a DPS class, we are designed to put out incredible numbers. My first toon was a Paladin, what you would call a "utility" class...it wasn't fun. There isn't anything fun about being brought only because you bring a buff to a raid, nor is it fun putting out crappy numbers because you can bring a CD to the raid. Please, stop trying to turn the Mage class into a support class: IT'S NOT WHAT IT IS. If the numbers you see are fine, then great! That's the point of the class. If the numbers are glaringly off, then, well...shit needs to be fixed. Keep discussion in THIS thread about the buffs in the last hotfix, this is not the time or place to discuss personal opinions regarding class overhaul.
    If it weren't a problem for us, we wouldn't whine. If our(only in top guilds) dps isn't up to par, we simply will be benched. We have no cd's to pop for the raid, so if other caster that has cd's for the raid does the same dps, we will be benched. The game is abt numbers. And quite frankly mages have a huge minus atm when compared to every other dps when it comes to raid utility and cd's. Now sure mages are a dps class, we shouldn't be utility, but how the game is designed atm, with encounters coming increasingly tighter, which means mages are getting increasingly separated from the rest of the dps.

The game does simply not support mage design atm, unless we are the best single target dps. And that again leads to everyone else whining abt our dps.
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-03-15 at 10:55 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post

The game does simply not support mage design atm, unless we are the best single target dps. And that again leads to everyone else whining abt our dps.
    I disagree. Imo, It's time to think of the class s in a slight different view. I think we have quite a bit to bring to the table. From Cone of cold on the turtles (not everyone can slow them), to blazing speed on the ice beam in Meg, to Frost orb or Bomb on the adds in Horror (plus we can decurse). If you are in a 10 man, you start thinking creatively when on progression.
    Adding to those items to my toolbox, I also am one of the last people to die due to survival ability. Either it's Invis (to get the adds off me), Blazing speed or blink, or Ice barrier....survive = win.
    I'm also keeping up with dps.
    so - while I agree we aren't perfect, nor are we at the level of where we were in 5.1 - it's better than it was a week ago. I know some fights we aren't favored in, Ji-Kun) but some fights we are. That's the way it should be.
    Playing
    WildStar -Mechari Medic, Draken Stalker
    Diablo: RoS
    GW2 - Ranger

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal utility is utility. Get to the tornado phase in Iron Qon and you'll see that.

Mages have more personal utility and a bigger bag of tricks than any other class. That IS utility.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    Cone of cold on the turtles (not everyone can slow them), to blazing speed on the ice beam in Meg, to Frost orb or Bomb on the adds in Horror (plus we can decurse). If you are in a 10 man, you start thinking creatively when on progression.
    Adding to those items to my toolbox, I also am one of the last people to die due to survival ability. Either it's Invis (to get the adds off me), Blazing speed or blink, or Ice barrier....survive = win.

Its still extremely low ammount of stuff we can do, plus personal survivability aint much, if the raid dies to a raid wide aoe, that another dps that had a raid cooldown to use would have saved that kill. Sure we got decurse, and that is a nice thing to have on horridon, but its still extremely situational. And why would you ever blazing speed ice beam? Its fixed duration and movement speed for the beam, so you want to move away, and maybe blink back so it stacks on top itself. And sure CoC can slow and do good aoe, but its nothing special.

lol at people saying we don't need more RAID utility cause we're invited to bring DPS. Yes, keep delivering your DPS, while hunters provides ANY raid buff needed, while rogues bring an extra defensive CD and while locks brings 3 (a WHOLE THREE) charges of personal healing CD (healthstones are almost as powerful as Renewal, Dark regeneration or Cold Snap - for locks its actually better than ANY of these talents) and portal (cheesing movement all the way!). Well, and those are only pures - lets not even get started with hybrids and those raid healing CD's...

SOooooo, if you only have individual utility, if you do same (or less) dps than those classes bringing RAID utility, guess what will happen*?

Funny how this is pretty much like that "I'm a turret" nonsense... If you do same (or less) DPS and is less mobile than locks and hunters (full dps while moving and higher overall dps), then guess what is going to happen? lol

----
    OT
    5.2 fixes helped a lot. It's weird bombing everything, but DPS went up for sure. Anyway.... I'm 12/12N 1/12H ATM with my lock and 9/12N with my mage, mage being 3 ilvl ahead of lock. I still do more dps on lock on pretty much all fights (and have much better QoL and NO challenge while moving).
    Last edited by Fennixx; 2013-03-16 at 04:36 AM.

Talents
    Living Bomb now deals 70% of its damage when used against other players, down from 100%.
    Nether Tempest now deals 70% of its damage when used against other players, down from 100%.
    So if they can easily do this with the mage bombs, they should just as easily do it with Frostbolt and get rid of that god-awful ramp-up debuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Liveet View Post
    After all the complaints and the QQ in this thread, I would like to prove that going as Fire (although with better gear than the most of you) will top meters again, if played right And not to much of RNG.

Logs from yesterdays run : http://worldoflogs.com/reports/6ask9...um/damageDone/
    My Armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Liveet/simple

Look at the First try of Magaera. We pulled directly after we ressed on the second try, so I didn´t have any CDs

Can´t wait for that lovely Heroic gear, and 522 ilvl +!
    A class isn't balanced when 99 percent of the players need to obtain gear they simply can't.

If you need Ilvl 522 to be able to compete on the meters. What does that say about the class? It says the class is completely broken and way to dependent on RNG.

You should also be doing more DMG based on your Ilvl of gear. I lvl 496 Frost mages are pulling well over 100k.

Quote Originally Posted by I-Swizzle-I View Post
    So you agree our DPS is low for us being a "brings nothing but DPS to the table" class?

Great! Glad we're on the same page!

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 09:15 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kiry View Post
    I disagree. Imo, It's time to think of the class s in a slight different view. I think we have quite a bit to bring to the table. From Cone of cold on the turtles (not everyone can slow them), to blazing speed on the ice beam in Meg, to Frost orb or Bomb on the adds in Horror (plus we can decurse). If you are in a 10 man, you start thinking creatively when on progression.
    so - while I agree we aren't perfect, nor are we at the level of where we were in 5.1 - it's better than it was a week ago. I know some fights we aren't favored in, Ji-Kun) but some fights we are. That's the way it should be.
    So slows, which almost every class has, or a sprint which other classes can do better, to multidotting on adds which other classes can do better, is our toolbox?

The only thing you have mentioned that is legitimate is our defensive self-utility, which is in compensation for us having the lowest HP, Armor, and passive Damage Reduction in the game, but okay.

Blink is honestly the ONLY thing I see that's really nice for cheesing a few mechanics, and that's assuming we don't get caught on a single fucking pixel, or blink in the opposite direction we want to go (Elegon, UGH)

Oh, and Cauterize.

---------- Post added 2013-03-17 at 09:16 AM ----------

Mages have more personal utility and a bigger bag of tricks than any other class. That IS utility.
    Defensive stuff and Aggro-reducing stuff to make up for our complete lack of HP, Armor, and Damage Reduction passives.

Blink and Cauterize are the only spells that I truly miss while playing other classes like my Warlock.
    Last edited by Polarthief; 2013-03-17 at 01:17 PM.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

LOL just watched a frost mage pull 90k dps spamming ice lance and nether tempest on target dummys

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailerist View Post
    LOL just watched a frost mage pull 90k dps spamming ice lance and nether tempest on target dummys
    cleaving on 3 targets and with 510 ilvl

Deleted
    He can stop spamming Ice Lance at this point ^^

Wow, its like leaving a room because people are arguing, packing a bag, going on a 3 week vacation, coming back home, opening the door to the room and the SAME people are still arguing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Personal utility is utility. Get to the tornado phase in Iron Qon and you'll see that.

Exactly what utility do we have that isn't brought by other classes that offer superior and generally more mobile DPS or healers?

Aside from Blink.
    Last edited by Elegiac; 2013-03-28 at 05:23 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marjane Satrapi
    The world is not divided between East and West. You are American, I am Iranian, we don't know each other, but we talk and understand each other perfectly. The difference between you and your government is much bigger than the difference between you and me. And the difference between me and my government is much bigger than the difference between me and you. And our governments are very much the same.