Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sibut View Post
    Not really. Plenty of complaints from people on PvE servers (myself included) who aren't clambering for a PvP solution when it comes to CRZ. My main complaint in regards to CRZ is how it affects rare spawns (mounts in particular) and gathering every time I want to level gathering on a toon. These things worked fine pre-CRZ, and now they're screwed up and my realm has to share with people from x others. Even if I wanted a PvP solution to the problem (which I don't, that's why I'm on a PvE realm) one is not available. Pretty disingenuous to try to paint the op as some whiner who just needs to suck it up and l2PvP.
    The problem being that those situations are now WAI with CRZ.

CRZ has issues - community and world PvP being prime examples - but problems affecting gathering and rares in that there is actual competition for those spawns are simply the game working as normal.

EJL

There absolutely should be an opt out.

Let players that enjoy being ganked 24/7, never seeing rare mobs, and getting nasty lag spikes have their way. Let the sane players have an escape for that nonsense.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kuja View Post
    Yes. PVP servers were fun once. You could get killed by same level toons as you and the occasional bored max level toon. Yesterday when I entered hellfire peninsula for the first time since CRZ was created, I could do 4 quests and I was killed about 30-50 times in that time. And I don't even want to mention how painful it was to actually get to Outland *grabs the portal to blasted lands* *arrives dead, can see 20 level 90 hostiles around*

And these deaths in hellfire were not only by the same person, but at least 14 different level 90 toons. They weren't even in the same group, but basically every quest hub was taken over and it was imposible to return quests, or even get them in the first place.

I'm sure this is not how PVP realms were designed to be. At least make the guards impossible to solo, and make the quest givers stronger. /mad
    Had the same problem, took care I got 60 in dungeons, moved to Zangarmarsh, never been ganked once and actually had fun WPvP among equally leveled players.
    Same for Hyjal, forgot all about it because it's full with Dbags on all the choke points. Moved to Vazj'hir, again had meaningful PvP, no ganking (2 players jumping you doesn't make it ganking btw if they're equal level) and the end of the zone was people free mostly.

Look CRZ has it downsides atm, but measures could be taken to improve it. To me it's indeed a problem of how the rules of PvP are and not so much CRZ itself.
    The L90 jumping on low levels really should stop IMO. It's not fun and it makes for very crappy gameplay. PvP implies there's a battle of some sort even if not entirely balanced. Ganking is not a battle, it's an execution. Since CRZ I have had fun WPvP once more, but it's only if you can at least have a shot at defending yourself. Then you can actually feel the exhilaration while with ganking there is nothing but frustration. Again, it's bad gameplay no matter how you cut it and the last people you should provide for is people who take enjoyment out of killing defenseless people just for the sake of ruining the experience for someone else.

Yes, there should be one.

CRZ players will never see any difference if they added an Opt-out option - as CRZ itself mathematically brings players together up to a certain point... so they will get to play with people who WANT to have CRZ. (example: If a CRZ zone merges people into one zone, so if 100 people opt-out, CRZ's system will automatically fill in that 100 player deficit with 100 other players.)

Everybody wins if CRZ had an opt-out function.

I think it would defeat the point of crz if there was an opt out. If you don't want to deal with what a pvp server is, don't roll on one.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I think it would defeat the point of crz if there was an opt out. If you don't want to deal with what a pvp server is, don't roll on one.
    Do people like this still seriously believe it's ONLY insane PVP players complaining about CRZ?

CRZ is hated for a LOT more reasons than those doinks who chose to role on a PVP server but couldn't hack getting ganked - and you damn well know that. If you want the other reasons, look over the several months of pages of threads with your eyes open this time to see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionspride View Post
    I don't know why people actually hate CRZ, it's basicly still in beta version you could say it like that, alot of experimenting is going on with it.
    They already want to make AH CRZ so people wont whine about that, WPvP is back, Great!
    World is alive, Great!

And you can just add pple with RealID from other servers, no big deal.
    What's so wrong with CRZ? :3
    "World if alive, Great!"

Why? Most of my complaints boil down to that one question: why the hell should I care if there are 0 people in the zone with me, or 50? No content while leveling requires more than 1 player, and most is actually more difficult or more annoying with more, so why is this "great"?