recasting dots with procs

Does anyone recast dots with procs on single target? During ca I'll try not to recast if my procs run out (I try to get them on at the last second of procs, CA usually has a few seconds left) but outside of this is it beneficial to recast dots or at least your eclipsed dot if you get a trinket proc? Or is it more important to cycle eclipse as quickly as possible?

Dots snapshot +damage, +int and +crit right now, so I recast dots during CA when a big int proc is about to expire (such as potion or LoC), or when I'm still eclipsed and an int proc comes up when I know my currently eclipsed dot is not buffed by a proc.

Reapplying buffed eclipsed dots should become even more beneficial with higher gear due to starsurge extensions.
    Last edited by Zlay3r; 2013-03-12 at 07:25 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    i dont. in most single targets encounters you shouldnt be struggling to get from lunar to solar and vice versa.

but for the sake of discussion which trinket proc in particular are you wondering about?

Deleted
    I've been doing it if the new rep trinket procs (takes me to the next haste cap) and I'm in an eclipse state with NG up.

I generally try and refresh no sooner than 5-6 seconds remaining on dots as trinket procs end. Any earlier and it's likely the dots began with trinket procs.

Obviously refresh with NG and Eclipse. Haven't raided with the Shado-Pan trinket as my boomkin is my alt in still pretty poor gear (505) but next week our 10M alt raid is starting heroics I think.

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I've been doing it if the new rep trinket procs (takes me to the next haste cap) and I'm in an eclipse state with NG up.
    Haste scales dynamically, don't do this.

Nevermind, my mistake.
    Last edited by Zlay3r; 2013-03-12 at 10:28 PM. Reason: stupiding

Quote Originally Posted by Zlay3r View Post
    Haste scales dynamically, don't do this.
    Unless Druids are different than literally every other caster dps, haste does not scale dynamically. Now, maybe druids are different, I'm no druid expert, but I know for a fact that all other caster dots snapshot haste.

15+ Year Old Account
    DoTs snapshot haste. It'd be pretty silly if it didn't.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

sometimes yes, sometimes no. if you have like all your procs up at the same time i'd refresh but if its just, say, weapon enchant probably don't bother