Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Drikkink View Post
    10% is an error. That is the heroic number. The normal number is, in fact, 5%
    Is this positive? The couple times I've seen the spirit reach it's target I was pretty sure the heal was pretty big. Already downed them this week, but if anyone can point to some hard evidence (and be kind enough to post it here), that would be awesome. Otherwise, I'll check on Tuesday.

I don't see why anyone would tank them apart and actually dps the healing loa's (speaking from 10m perspective), the sheer amount of extra damage you are gaining by grouping them up makes that 4m heal absolutely irrelevant, not to mention grouped up bosses mean extra dps from the tanks during the empowers. It's just so so so much better way to do it.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by omnibishop View Post
    Is this positive? The couple times I've seen the spirit reach it's target I was pretty sure the heal was pretty big. Already downed them this week, but if anyone can point to some hard evidence (and be kind enough to post it here), that would be awesome. Otherwise, I'll check on Tuesday.
    Yup --> just spent 2 hours wiping and wiping and wiping on it... ><
    It's 5%.

Boss with mechanics is hard...........................................................frustration................ .......argh....................

Quote Originally Posted by Vakna View Post
    I don't see why anyone would tank them apart and actually dps the healing loa's (speaking from 10m perspective), the sheer amount of extra damage you are gaining by grouping them up makes that 4m heal absolutely irrelevant, not to mention grouped up bosses mean extra dps from the tanks during the empowers. It's just so so so much better way to do it.
    THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR THIS POST.

Was wiping on Council for 30+ attempts and after I suggested this strat we saw significant progress in the fight. After we cleaned up some derpy deaths and tightened some things we nailed the fight a few attempts in.

If your comp has insane amounts of cleave/multidot damage I would strongly suggest this strat.

Bump because not enough people are doing it this way.

Holy shit this makes the fight so much easier.

Warning; Don't bump threads, if you don't have any new info or a question to add. (by Sonnillon)
    Last edited by Sonnillon; 2013-04-08 at 08:14 AM.

My group just got to council tonight and got a good number of pulls in on them, but we didn't make it a full empower cycle. Our RL is proposing we try stacking them all up, cleaving and ignoring the heal-y adds. Anyone have any success with a strat like this?
    I will say this is the exact way my team downed it. Before trying this strat we kept wiping during Sul's first empower. Now we kill him during his empower before the 2nd set of adds come up.

Good luck, We also 3 healed it if that helps.

Deleted
    Hell yeah stack them up. It makes the fight a lot shorter AND really easy. Keep a melee dps on sul 100% of the time. Have another one be single targeting sul during ALL of frost king and most of mar'li.

Deleted
    Also, make a hunter press a Widow Venom macro every 30sec to reduce healing on Sul if you are clumping things up. ~1M less healed by the Lua per hit, about 10-14M less healed total. Well worth a couple of GCD from a hunter.

/tar Sul
    /cast Widow Venom
    /targetlasttarget

Deleted
    having a melee dps or 2 on sul the entire fight makes this fight a lot easier as you can burn sul down b4 he evens empowers, and sul is a b**** when he is empowered, so any strat that involves dpsing sul down b4 he is empowered makes it a lot easier to deal with since it is his sandstorm ability that fucks things up, the other elders are easy.

The healy adds heal for a lot more on heroic, I understand, so you may have to switch strategies once you get to heroic.

Other than that, this is the best way to handle this fight. Cleave cleave cleave.

With a melee-heavy comp (such as my guild's), the stack-and-cleave tactic works wonders.

Tunnel Sul with BL up; can get him down significantly before needing to switch to FK (who should be at 75ish energy). When Kaz is empowered (Kaz'rajin, not yours truly), all dps need to work on him. When Marli is empowered, do the same as with FK; tunnel Sul and cleave off of him until she is around 75 energy. We actually kill Sul right before he would be empowered. At this point, our ranged stay on Kaz the rest of the way (because he will have significantly more hp than the other two at this point) while melee hammer away on the other two, unless Kaz is empowered. All dps go to Kaz when he is empowered. We do try to kill the healing adds when they appear to be heading for Kaz, though, which is easily handled unless we get outstanding RNG and he rolls right over onto the add (which caused a wipe on one of our progression attempts, grrr).

As wonderful as our comp is for this fight, I feel like we are beating our heads against concrete with Tortos (due to only having 2 ranged), but that's a topic for another thread...

Group them up and start the nuke on Sul, if you have a some decent dps you can wait until the first empower (always Frost King in my experience) is on 50-65 energy, then switch to him to burn it down, second one will almost always be Kazra, you can keep nuking Sul until Kazra is on about 50 energy as well. Keeping them all grouped up and using this strat means your cleavers will do insane dps and Sul will die about halfway through the second empower, meaning he will never be empowered and you will never have to deal with Sandstorm + adds + sandbolt spammage.

Easy mode fight using this strat.
    Your persistence of vision does not come without great sacrifice. Let go of the tangible mass of your mind, it is only an illusion. There is no escape.. For the soul burns on everlasting encapsulated within infinite time. A thousand year journey at the blink of an eye... Humanity is dust..

10+ Year Old Account
    My group just got to council tonight and got a good number of pulls in on them, but we didn't make it a full empower cycle. Our RL is proposing we try stacking them all up, cleaving and ignoring the heal-y adds. Anyone have any success with a strat like this?
    We ended up doing this with great success. Initially we tried splitting the bosses and doing tank swapping, but we decided to stack them for cleaves, and heal through the tank stun and it worked magically. The idea is we do more damage in that time than the adds heal for (we are not a hardcore raid with jawdropping DPS either). We got our first kill on council in 19 total wipes -- about ten of those after the strategy swap -- which is pretty good for a casual raid like ours (in contrast, I think Horridon took around 80).

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another tip, if your raid is struggling with movement due to empowered frost debuff/sandtrap/charge all at once. My guild honestly couldent move right so what we did was to leave the debuff alone and let me (holy priest) heal the full 5 debuffs, its 110k per second, but if you fail on it and only have 2 people stacking then you actually take more total dmg than 1 person. This basicly freed our healers from moving with frost debuff (heavy melee group)

10+ Year Old Account
    question for this strat. what do you for the Mar'li empowered, bring her in at 50% energy. What about the empowered loa's wouldn't the start killing people by hitting them soon as they spawn?

just started working on this boss tonight! thanks for any tips

10+ Year Old Account
    This is how we've done it all along. The heal is trivial at best. Having them stacked up means you have more interrupts for sul and loa lady. And everything just dies silly fast anyway.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...iippy/advanced
    I'd prefer my orcs to stand up straight.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by jdfrost View Post
    question for this strat. what do you for the Mar'li empowered, bring her in at 50% energy. What about the empowered loa's wouldn't the start killing people by hitting them soon as they spawn?

just started working on this boss tonight! thanks for any tips
    The shadow add doesn't target tanks or melee afaik. Just have your ranged/healers stay away from the priestess and you can easily stun it when it spawns in melee (aoe stuns work as well, it's hard to NOT have a stun tbf). Just cleave it down together with the rest of the mobpack, it'll melt down.

Stacking up and cleaving all down is the strat my guild uses. It's pretty cake. Bloodlust and get sul to 50%. Switch to frost king and get him down. Dps sul until next guy is about 40% energy and get him down. Finish sul and then take priest out of shadow. After that its GG.

We sort of do this and it is super easy. Stack 3 of the bosses when the female boss ISN'T empowered, stack all 4 when she is (she wont be spawing the healing add). Cleave Sul as much as possible, collect loot

You get the best of both worlds, you get lots of cleave and none of the bosses are getting healed.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Willfox View Post
    We sort of do this and it is super easy. Stack 3 of the bosses when the female boss ISN'T empowered, stack all 4 when she is (she wont be spawing the healing add). Cleave Sul as much as possible, collect loot

You get the best of both worlds, you get lots of cleave and none of the bosses are getting healed.
    How do you go about stacking kazra'jin all the time...? No nvm.
    That post has nothing to do with this thread. This thread is about the benefits of stacking them up, ignoring healing adds and outdpssing whatever they heal. This makes it much easier and gives more overall dps. (only works on normal)