181 16.90%
  • Yes

727 67.88%
  • No

163 15.22%
Page 8 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    I put my tick in the Yes, stopped playing since on a dead realm, into my third month now. but I think the best way would be to give free migration lets say 20 per year, that’s going to tick everyone’s box if you like playing on dead realms do so, as for names if its in use on that realm choose a different realm.

The difference between playing on a low to hi populated server in mammoth doesn’t matter if your pvp or pve unfortunately bliz cant calculate the cash they lose from ppl quitting the game due the problems a low populated server brings.

The should merge servers, Blizzard said that they don't wanna merge servers because some people perfer Low pop realms, well i use to perfer low pop realms when I was able to farm 1-85 Mats and Rares, and it was a good trade off for not being able to Pug or find a "Active" Guild, and having to only depend on Heroics and Raid finder to gear up (for me). Now with CRZ, Its hard to farm 1-85 mats, no socializing with realm, and still Raid finder dependent, can't transfer too because it would cost $225 to get all my toons over to another server (has alot of alt because of CATA). Just tire of being in a ghost town, and then you leave and theres alot of people, then you come back and ghost town again.

A discount "package" deal that would allow someone to move multiple characters at once for a reduced cost would be nice...but the odds of that happening are about zilch, if I had to guess. I'm one of many folks that have truckloads of alts courtesy of the alt-friendly atmosphere of Wrath and Cata. That, or at the very least, let heirlooms actually be account bound rather than server bound, so that if someone would rather just save money and reroll, they could do so and have the extra xp boots from heirlooms handy.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazgrel View Post
    A discount "package" deal that would allow someone to move multiple characters at once for a reduced cost would be nice...but the odds of that happening are about zilch, if I had to guess. I'm one of many folks that have truckloads of alts courtesy of the alt-friendly atmosphere of Wrath and Cata. That, or at the very least, let heirlooms actually be account bound rather than server bound, so that if someone would rather just save money and reroll, they could do so and have the extra xp boots from heirlooms handy.
    I would say, that they will not do the discount thing, more likely if you wanna move all your charters they will charge some extra for it, like at EU, move all your charters with 400€ or something like that -.-
    I must say, I am very, very disappointed to the fact, that the thread at EU is totaly ignored by Blues. Even when there are some post there, that actually beg for a comment, even if it would be, "We are still here".
    They just cannot brush this thing under the rug, sooner or later they will have to act, somehow. Atleast I hope so.

Just logged to game, went to Orgrimmar, it was 21:55 (09:55pm) realm time, there were 4 ppl there from level range of 1-90... >.>
    Last edited by Dezminion; 2013-03-20 at 09:08 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezminion View Post
    Just logged to game, went to Orgrimmar, it was 21:55 (09:55pm) realm time, there were 4 ppl there from level range of 1-90... >.>
    I sure hope there wasn't a lag spike when you entered Orgrimmar, with so many people there.

Quote Originally Posted by boboistina View Post
    I sure hope there wasn't a lag spike when you entered Orgrimmar, with so many people there.
    I was quite laggy, to be honest, the bad point of being in a realm, that is totaly crowded...

Blizzard should look for out-of-the-box solution. Merging servers is a crude band-aid response.
    The night is dark and full of terrors...

I think they should merge low pop realms, but they already said they wouldn't do it one reason being duplicate names and if people have personal ties to their server.

My realm desperately needs more people. Oondasta spawned this morning and we couldn't even get more than 10 people to join a group for it. Fail

Quote Originally Posted by Liliannan View Post
    I think they should merge low pop realms, but they already said they wouldn't do it one reason being duplicate names and if people have personal ties to their server.

My realm desperately needs more people. Oondasta spawned this morning and we couldn't even get more than 10 people to join a group for it. Fail
    Same here at my realm and thanks to the change, that xrealm players cant gather loot, you can only guess how happily they wanna join for a group to kill Oondasta -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Jimodofof View Post
    Blizzard are closing more 7 realms on Taiwan at 28th March tw.battle.net/wow/zh/blog/1751949/
    Servers being merged and closed with population:

Balnazzar - 1219
    Warsong - 912
    Frenzyheart - 563
    Howling Fjord - 1064
    Onyxia - 1313
    Altar of Storms - 904
    Dreadmist - 1536

http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/tw

All these servers have 0 or 1 raiding guild in t15 left.
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Open new server and open transfers to them. The fastest gets the name. Problem solved.

Leave the previous one open for people who like dead servers

There are currently 34 US realms and 44 EU realms under 1500 population. If they can do it for Taiwan, why not us?
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    There are currently 34 US realms and 44 EU realms under 1500 population. If they can do it for Taiwan, why not us?
    10 / 25 seperate locks, higher ilevel in 25 man, harder bosses on 25 man Think they also go double lock outs on older content too.

Merging realms is not the only thing they shaft the western world on.

Quote Originally Posted by Galaddriel View Post
    Since ppl at EU/US are still paying for the migration, they have zero intrest in doing realm merges here... Lame of them!

Quote Originally Posted by Sigma View Post
    10 / 25 seperate locks, higher ilevel in 25 man, harder bosses on 25 man Think they also go double lock outs on older content too.

Merging realms is not the only thing they shaft the western world on.
    How does that mean anything, if they have higher ilvl, or seperate locks? I fail to see the point there? Just a random answer, that hold a little truth in it, in form of saying nothing to the issue?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimodofof View Post
    Blizzard are closing more 7 realms on Taiwan at 28th March tw.battle.net/wow/zh/blog/1751949/
    They're constantly saying to us in the west mergers are hard to do and they dont want to do them yet they have no problems doing the mergers in Asia. what a hypocrisy.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes please! Recruiting in the horde of my server is a hell, xrealms won't solve that,in my opinion the biggest problem for a dead realm.

merging is the solution they just took the easy way out with crz. they even said they have thought about crz Auction House. They will NOT axe low pop servers. Until the very extreme of so many ppl have quit playing they run the risk of going to F2P which because of all you lovely ppl that still support this polished turd of a mmo keep paying them to turn the game into the garbage that its been for past few years.
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

10+ Year Old Account
    I thought they say they said it was something they thought about merging the low pop servers.

---------- Post added 2013-03-29 at 10:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by boboistina View Post
    They're constantly saying to us in the west mergers are hard to do and they dont want to do them yet they have no problems doing the mergers in Asia. what a hypocrisy.
    A different company / sub company runs WoW in Asia for Blizzard.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-03-29 at 02:18 PM.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Yes, But not all of them. There are people that actually enjoy playing on dead realms.
    This. Leave a few low-pop realms for those of us who have alts hidden away on quiet, mostly-empty servers intentionally. Offer optional free transfers off, or something.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    This. Leave a few low-pop realms for those of us who have alts hidden away on quiet, mostly-empty servers intentionally. Offer optional free transfers off, or something.
    I was always saying this option would be the best, give free transfer off dead realms to medium pop ones so those who want to play WoW as an mmo can escape their dull dead realms and those who like playing alone will have even emptier realm to enjoy. This way both sides get what they wanted.