Poll: Luch King Arthas vs. Queen of Blades Kerrigan. Who wins?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 29 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chonar View Post
    It's a loud-shouted opinion by blowhards and crybabies. I'm thoroughly enjoying the story sofar.

These sort of topics always go like this. There's no well-defined middleground, as one party always underestimates the other while overestimating their own. It's why I started my first post with "Nerd war!" cause this is always how it goes. -_-
    I guess the majority of gamers with good taste are crybabies and blowhards? Starcraft 2's story is second only to Dragon Age 2 in terms of being pure shit.

That said you're absolutely right about the "nerd war" thing. I'm just participating because it's fun on occasion.

I think Arthas would win

Deleted
    Don't know how such an obvious answer gets a 50%/50%.

It's like asking who is stronger .. if Arthas or silvanaz... ( boobies ? yeah thats why ).

Of course Arthas would win. His army is well enough for taking down some alien bobbies.

It would come down to a power of wills, the Lich King controlled a few million undead at best, while Kerrigan controls billions. Her mental powers alone are far more potent, she is also physically much faster and stronger. The zerg adapt to almost anything, meaning they could assimilate necromantic powers ,especially after necromancers get infested, not to mention who is to say the Lich king can keep the control of the resurrected zerg, he couldn't even bring the forsaken back into the fold.

Indeed Starcraft lore is a trainwreck, but the scourge has almost no chance of winning an encounter against the zerg, if we look at the hard facts.

Quote Originally Posted by Aurabolt View Post
    Got HotS yesterday and the parallels with Arthas are all over the place.
    Weird we already have a warcraft character that was modeled after Kerrigan, guess who and it is definitely not Arthas.

It all depends on whether the writers think the Zerg could be raised as undead and conversely, whether the Scourge could be infected by the Swarm.

Now Lich King Arthas vs. Kerrigan? That might be the better question, and one we could conceivably arrive at a more substantial answer for.

Deleted
    Broodlord & Infestor > all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post

Weird we already have a warcraft character that was modeled after Kerrigan, guess who and it is definitely not Arthas.
    I disagree with all you said, but on this you are right.

They had a fail elf char , and now we have a fail undead elf char liked mostly because of boobies, exactly like kerrigan.

Same reason for which most of those young boys think that those girls chars could even dream of standing a chance against true power holders like Arthas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sigmar View Post
    I guess the majority of gamers with good taste are crybabies and blowhards? Starcraft 2's story is second only to Dragon Age 2 in terms of being pure shit.
    So now I have poor taste just because I willingly suspend my disbelief because I wish to be entertained?

The Protoss/Zerg hybrids have been alluded to in the secret mission in Starcraft1. And I think they delivered on that.
    Kerrigan still exercising mental control over the Zerg despite having been cleansed of Zerg DNA just means the control is not a biological but mental exercise.
    We learn more about the Xel'naga and things we thought we knew are being thrown in disarray. This isn't bad writing, it's keeping things interesting.
    There's still romance between Sarah and Jim, and.. oh come on, if you feel the story is bad because of a romantic plotpoint thrown in, then you're no better than a few playground kids going "ew girls are gross cooties".
    The story is entertaining to me, and I do not have bad taste. Infact, I taste delicious.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    I disagree with all you said, but on this you are right.

They had a fail elf char , and now we have a fail undead elf char liked mostly because of boobies, exactly like kerrigan.

Same reason for which most of those young boys think that those girls chars could even dream of standing a chance against true power holders like Arthas.
    Well then would you present counter arguments ? Otherwise we won't be able to have discussion here, The zerg would still most likely win, since the lich kings power is very limited, he lost much, which is why the forsaken were born, who he wasn't able to bring back into the fold. So using this as basis it is unlikely he can compete with someone, who controls billions of beings, while the other has problems to control a mere fraction of that power.

The Scourge uses the cult of the damned, which could be easily infested and would turn against the scourge, negating the only real advantage the scourge has against the Zerg and that is necromancy and magic.

So now I have poor taste just because I willingly suspend my disbelief because I wish to be entertained?

The Protoss/Zerg hybrids have been alluded to in the secret mission in Starcraft1. And I think they delivered on that.
    Kerrigan still exercising mental control over the Zerg despite having been cleansed of Zerg DNA just means the control is not a biological but mental exercise.
    We learn more about the Xel'naga and things we thought we knew are being thrown in disarray. This isn't bad writing, it's keeping things interesting.
    There's still romance between Sarah and Jim, and.. oh come on, if you feel the story is bad because of a romantic plotpoint thrown in, then you're no better than a few playground kids going "ew girls are gross cooties".
    The story is entertaining to me, and I do not have bad taste. Infact, I taste delicious.
    Well Starcraft 2 retconned a lot of established lore, the whole Zerg creation has been thrown overboard, originally they evolved on char, but this detail has changed, altering the story quite a bit for example, I don't mind that much but I thought wtf is going on as the mission started^^
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-03-13 at 12:46 PM.

If the story that entertains you is bad, then yes. Would you defend someone who enjoyed the Transformers movies? Probably not. It's no different.

It's not that there is a romance subplot, it's that there's a shitty romance subplot between two characters who should be at each other's throats based on established lore.

Quote Originally Posted by bionics View Post
    It all depends on whether the writers think the Zerg could be raised as undead and conversely, whether the Scourge could be infected by the Swarm.

Now Lich King Arthas vs. Kerrigan? That might be the better question, and one we could conceivably arrive at a more substantial answer for.
    In a straight up fight? Arthas stops Kerrigan's heart by looking at her funny. Hell Kerrigan wouldn't even be able to touch Frostmourne without dyeing.

In a straight up fight? Arthas stops Kerrigan's heart by looking at her funny. Hell Kerrigan wouldn't even be able to touch Frostmourne without dyeing.
    It isn't that easy, if Arthas would be that powerful he wouldn't engage in close combat now would he, he would march up to wyrmrest and one shot the Dragonaspects, but he simply can't.

Now to counter that ridiculous statement with another one.

Kerrigan sprints up to him, overwhelms him with her mind puts a force choke on him and throws him a few miles against a mountain ,where he is torn apart by the impact.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-03-13 at 12:51 PM.

It isn't that easy, if Arthas would be that powerful he wouldn't engage in close combat now would he, he would march up to wyrmrest and one shot the Dragonaspects, but he simply can't.

Now to counter that ridiculous statement with another one.

Kerrigan sprints up to him, overwhelms him with her mind puts a force choke on him and throws him a few miles against a mountain ,where he is torn apart by the impact.
    I doubt psychic powers can overwhelm the undead, and a force choke is useless against someone who's not alive. All Kerrigan can do is try to use physical damage against someone who would could shrug it off. Arthas meanwhile is in control of the very forces of death and undeath themselves, capable of sucking the heat out of the air around him until things freeze instantly, and can infest people with horrendous flesh eating plagues by waving his hands. It's hard to use your psychic powers when your skin is sloughing off and your organs are turning to liquid from necrotic disease.

Deleted
    Plus.. just put a necrotic plague + defile under the zerg's asses.. and enjoy the show .

Deleted
    The Swarm, hands down.

The Lich King is powerful on one planet. Kerrigan is one, if not THE, most powerful being in the universe. Resurrecting minions to the Scourge is a ritual that takes time. While Arthas focused his powers on ressing one Brutalisk, the Swarm would destroy all of Azeroth and infest everything. It's not even a contest.

Why else do you think there's even a war between the Terran, Protoss and Zerg? The Terran are like a billion times more powerful than the Alliance of Azeroth.

I doubt psychic powers can overwhelm the undead, and a force choke is useless against someone who's not alive. All Kerrigan can do is try to use physical damage against someone who would could shrug it off. Arthas meanwhile is in control of the very forces of death and undeath themselves, capable of sucking the heat out of the air around him until things freeze instantly, and can infest people with horrendous flesh eating plagues by waving his hands. It's hard to use your psychic powers when your skin is sloughing off and your organs are turning to liquid from necrotic disease.
    Kerrigan can throw lifeless objects, the lich kings main power is his mental capability, his control over the scourge, never forget he was modeled after the overmind, but his capabillites do not measure up to that of Kerrigan. So Arthas controlls the cold, thats sweet, the zerg survive in space it can't get colder than that. Kerrigan can infest him as well, zerg only need matter to infest, it is irrelevant whether it is alive or dead. You assume the Zerg can't adapt to his plague, considering what they tend to adapt to his plague isn't much to be honest.

Not to mention it is Hard to wave your hand , if your arms have been broken before you could raise them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    The Swarm, hands down.

The Lich King is powerful on one planet. Kerrigan is one, if not THE, most powerful being in the universe. Resurrecting minions to the Scourge is a ritual that takes time. While Arthas focused his powers on ressing one Brutalisk, the Swarm would destroy all of Azeroth and infest everything. It's not even a contest.

Why else do you think there's even a war between the Terran, Protoss and Zerg? The Terran are like a billion times more powerful than the Alliance of Azeroth.
    No she isn't, she is powerful but far from the strongest.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-03-13 at 01:21 PM.

Deleted

No she isn't, she is powerful but far from the strongest.
    She's not 'complete' yet. The prophecy says she is the saviour of the universe. Her multiple stages of evolution and hybrid genome is slowly leading up to her becoming a sort of tragic Messiah, mark my words. She will destroy the hybrids and 'The Voice in the Darkness'.

Theeeen, the 'Voice in the Darkness' will turn out to be an Old God, and Project Titan will be set in the aftermath of Starcraft and Warcraft!

Kerrigan can throw lifeless objects, the lich kings main power is his mental capability, his control over the scourge, never forget he was modeled after the overmind, but his capabillites do not measure up to that of Kerrigan.
    You only assume this because Kerrigan is in a sci-fi setting, which means she is able to expand her army across multiple worlds. Advantages due to setting can't be counted, you need to go by the strength of the individual characters. If Arthas had access to space travel I'm certain the Scourge would be more than a match compared to the Zerg.

So Arthas controlls the cold, thats sweet, the zerg survive in space it can't get colder than that. Kerrigan can infest him as well, zerg only need matter to infest, it is irrelevant whether it is alive or dead. You assume the Zerg can't adapt to his plague, considering what they tend to adapt to his plague isn't much to be honest.
    1) Learn your physics. Cold is not an issue in space. If anything it's overheating due to there being no air to properly bleed off heat. The cold could absolutely fuck over the Zerg.

2) Kerrigan may only need matter, but she needs to get close to infest him. Arthas' blade can kill with a touch, let alone a full strike. Arthas has shown that he can infest at a distance and on a massive scale.

3) Sure, they can adapt, but adaptation takes time. His plagues are also beyond any normal disease since even the purest form of the Light can't cure it and he can constantly adapt and evolve it on the fly. The zerg more than likely wouldn't be able to adapt fast enough.

Not to mention it is Hard to wave your hand because your arms have been broken before you could raise them.
    Rank and file Death Knights have similar powers to Kerrigan's psionics like Death Grip, Strangulate, Asphyxiate, and Gorefiend's Grasp. Kerrigan would also have to worry about being crushed from at range since if normal Death Knights can move fifty foot tall mobs with their minds Arthas could easily do worse. This is while she's rotting away from who knows how many diseases that adapt to her immune system faster than she can counter as her carapace is frozen around her.

Quote Originally Posted by Mojo Risin View Post
    She's not 'complete' yet. The prophecy says she is the saviour of the universe. Her multiple stages of evolution and hybrid genome is slowly leading up to her becoming a sort of tragic Messiah, mark my words. She will destroy the hybrids and 'The Voice in the Darkness'.

Theeeen, the 'Voice in the Darkness' will turn out to be an Old God, and Project Titan will be set in the aftermath of Starcraft and Warcraft!
    I wouldn't be surprised if she dies in the end, she mentioned something for standing up for her crimes someday and she more or less is raising her protege queen as her replacement. The hints are already there, the question is, do they become relevant?

Seeing as zergs can compete in high tech future, while undead is still fighting with sword and bow, I'd say zerg.

You only assume this because Kerrigan is in a sci-fi setting, which means she is able to expand her army across multiple worlds. Advantages due to setting can't be counted, you need to go by the strength of the individual characters. If Arthas had access to space travel I'm certain the Scourge would be more than a match compared to the Zerg.
    No they wouldn't since the scourge uses simply reanimated corpses, who possess nearly the same strength they had in life, Zerg infestation on the other hand greatly improves the capabilities of the infected host.

1) Learn your physics. Cold is not an issue in space. If anything it's overheating due to there being no air to properly bleed off heat. The cold could absolutely fuck over the Zerg.
    The cold does not affect the zerg in the slightest. There is a mission in Heart of the swarm where they basically become immune to the coldes weather.

2) Kerrigan may only need matter, but she needs to get close to infest him. Arthas' blade can kill with a touch, let alone a full strike. Arthas has shown that he can infest at a distance and on a massive scale.
    No frostmourne does not steal a soul from a cut, it steals the soul upon death, learn your lore. kerrigan can throw a parasite as well which most likely pierces his armor.

3) Sure, they can adapt, but adaptation takes time. His plagues are also beyond any normal disease since even the purest form of the Light can't cure it and he can constantly adapt and evolve it on the fly. The zerg more than likely wouldn't be able to adapt fast enough.
    The zerg can absorb such traits almost instantly as can be witnessed through several evolution missions.

Rank and file Death Knights have similar powers to Kerrigan's psionics like Death Grip, Strangulate, Asphyxiate, and Gorefiend's Grasp. Kerrigan would also have to worry about being crushed from at range since if normal Death Knights can move fifty foot tall mobs with their minds Arthas could easily do worse. This is while she's rotting away from who knows how many diseases that adapt to her immune system faster than she can counter as her carapace is frozen around her.
    Death knights have no real psychic power, they use magic, they can't read minds Kerrigan can. She lost a limb and regrew it in a few seconds, before she became even more powerful, her immune System can most likely handle it. And again the cold does not affect the zerg.
    Last edited by Combatbutler; 2013-03-13 at 01:48 PM.