Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I would still roll with human. The extra trinket slot is always a nice bonus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Viridis View Post
    04 - How do I open?
    An opener will usually go something like this:

1. Premeditation
    2. Slice and Dice (for the energy regen)
    3. Garrote (for the Sanguinary Vein 20% damage buff, even on non-casters)
    4. Cheap Shot as Subterfuge is coming to an end.
    This is not a rule people. Your opener will always depend on what is going on, what (class) and where your teammate is. What kind of class the opponent is and how they positioned themselves.

It's a good base to go by, but by no means should you exclusively do this.

Quote Originally Posted by Viridis View Post
    Tier 3:
    Cheat Death, in my opinion, is not a good talent. The utility it offers comes too late and too close to your death, and offers too little. When I see a Cheat Death proc in a battleground, I simply smile and kill him anyway. And that’s what’s going to happen to you too.
    Here is where I no longer agree. Cheat Death does indeed suck quite bad when you have no healer. But it gives you a second chance when you came to be under a deadly amount of pressure. Taking it versus hard hitting burst comps is not a bad idea at all. Feint will not save you from 600k of burst damage, Cheat Death will.

Other than that.. I'd have a few comments here and there but theise catched my eye the most. Not a bad guide for starters.

Rogues are getting destroyed in 5.3... clearly blizzard wants locks mages and monks to rule the world still

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Rogues are getting destroyed in 5.3... clearly blizzard wants locks mages and monks to rule the world still
    Oh yeah, 10 yards less range on CaD and Shuriken Toss energy cost doubled. The sky is falling!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by kilj View Post
    Lets trow in some numbers based on 3v3 arena.

Sub representation (2.2k): 9.3%
    Sub representation (global): 1.9%

Frost representation (2.2): 8.2%
    Frost representation (global): 3.8%

Monk representation (2.2): 3%
    Monk representation (global): 5.9%

Warlock representation (2.2): 4.3%
    Warlock representation (global): 7.6%

Now, what do those numbers tell us?
    Well, you'll meet more sub rogues above 2.2k than frost mages, however there are twice as many frost mages doing arena than sub rogues.
    You'll meet more sub rogues above 2.2k than warlocks and monks combined, however the amount of players playing a monk or a warlock is 7 times higher than the amount of sub rogues playing.

I can agree that mages are currently overpowered, but not even close to how overpowered rogues currently are. As for monks and warlocks, on a scale from 0 - 10 of how strong a class is, where rogue is 5, monks and warlocks are below 0.

And honestly, the only real nerf I see is removing the ability to destroy people without even going into melee range. ST is just stupidly overpowered, you can't deny that.
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-29 at 08:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    This isn't the place to discuss 5.3 changes.

If you've got questions that belong in an FAQ, please feel free to ask them here. If you want to complain about 5.3, about the current situation, or discuss the changes, please start a new topic, or find the relevant discussion in other threads. Drawing these discussions into this thread can only serve to derail it.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, is LFR ToT gear (reduced down to 496) better than full Malevolent (476)? Is losing 30-35% PvP Power worth gaining an additional ~1500-2k Agility/Stamina and ~500-1k secondary stats?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erenax View Post
    So, is LFR ToT gear (reduced down to 496) better than full Malevolent (476)? Is losing 30-35% PvP Power worth gaining an additional ~1500-2k Agility/Stamina and ~500-1k secondary stats?
    you can get Tyrannical daggers super easily now which carry a ton of your PvP power. I kept Malev 4-set and replaced any non tyrannical offset items with PvE stuff. lost something like 6% PvP power, kept the extra energy for opener, but gained about 25% mastery, 20-30k stamina and a ton of attack power.

Quote Originally Posted by Holo View Post
    Oh yeah, 10 yards less range on CaD and Shuriken Toss energy cost doubled. The sky is falling!
    Also, Cloak and Daggers doesn't work during Shadow Dance, not just the range. I didn't mind the shuriken toss and less range to Cloak and Daggers nerf.
    The part that sucks is you can't use cloak and daggers with shadow dance anymore.
    I really loved teleporting behind them and cheap shotting multiple targets fast... =(

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    Also, Cloak and Daggers doesn't work during Shadow Dance, not just the range. I didn't mind the shuriken toss and less range to Cloak and Daggers nerf.
    The part that sucks is you can't use cloak and daggers with shadow dance anymore.
    I really loved teleporting behind them and cheap shotting multiple targets fast... =(
    I think that is exactly WHY it was nerfed in such a way ;op

10+ Year Old Account
    Moving this here for relevance:

Quote Originally Posted by CodyEthier View Post
    Hey there MMO-Champion community, more specifically the rogue community! Many of you may not know me, I don't post here often but I would like to change that, I recently made a video showing everyone how to open in PvP against certain classes and all of the class mechanics involved in a rogue opener and dealing damage.

Video

Courtesy of CodyEthier

Is this guide going to be updated? The one here and official forums are outdated D:

Mod note: please contact the original writer or a mod next time. On review, and without hearing from Viridis, un-stickied this thread. -Kael
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-10-13 at 10:02 PM.

Deleted
    Please do update this guide. I'm struggling finding a guide for PvP rouges (??) and as I just dinged 90 from not having played from years, I would like a guide to help me started.

Cheers