Thread: [Bio] Sare

10+ Year Old Account

[Bio] Sare

Name: Sare
    Race: Troll
    Class: Rogue
    Languages: Orcish
    Faction: Horde

Personality: Laid back generally but when he has to do something he is dead serious. Keeps to himself in any circumstance.

Likes/Dislikes: Enjoys traveling and seeing Azeroth and has done so multiple times. Favorite place to be is sat atop a giant mushroom in Zangarmarsh, he loves to ponder about life and the world he's in. Dislike gnomes with a passion (especially ones that are great engineers) and will show disgust when talking with one.

Appearance: Dresses in dark clothing, wears a veil around his face. Light Blue skin, purple hair and face tattoos, average tusks.

Strengths/Weaknesses: Extraordinary vision, often see's things from far away naturally and can sense things brewing before they happen. Weakness is fighting the Alliance, Sare has no time for petty squabbles but will do so if the Horde asks him too. Gnome rogues (especially when they have engineering), he despises them after a few encounters he's had with them, to him they are ruthless and merciless and must be stopped... He often gets outsmarted by them and that annoys him greatly, he's had to cheat death on many different occasions. He will run most likely if one is near him.

History: His early years we're relatively quiet but far more sociable, he hunted alone for most of his childhood and learned the ways of a rogue through Munalti in Stranglethorn Vale at age 11... It is said that the reason he is kept to himself is because of the horrors that he saw caused upon his own people when many of them were slaughtered by the Gurubashi Empire. Due to all the issues arising in Stranglethorn, the Darkspear Tribe left and eventually landed upon the Darkspear Isles in Durotar. Sare doesn't live there (he's a roamer) but finds a certain peace when sleeping in the main hut.

Sare never really had friends, he never even considered Munalti as a friend but he doesn't consider anyone as a friend except for his orange raptor named Adamjr. Adamjr is special to Sare, nobody knows why except Sare himself. Sare keeps many of his memories contained, his life experiences are locked away in his mind. Some think the name Adamjr comes from an actual being he considered a friend, of what race nobody knows either. Sare was seen a few times traveling with a Tauren druid with an unknown name before the Dark Portal was opened, people associated with Sare assumed it could have possibly been the Adamjr but never found out.

Sare kept many things to himself, he always hunted alone, fished alone, and killed alone. Whenever he joins others on a quest he will talk to them and show signs of having a good time but won't associate with them until they ask him for more help. The older he became the more he pondered and thought about things. His art with a dagger is quite good but he's not much of a fighter or brawler. He has no hatred of any race personally, he finds certain races a bit uncivilized and annoying to talk too (most notably murlocs) but unless attacked or has any previous experience of them being hostile towards him then he will leave them alone.

To unlock his secrets one must befriend him... It seems like an impossible task but only then will anyone ever find out more about his history.
    Last edited by Duronos; 2013-03-14 at 04:06 PM.
    Hey everyone

10+ Year Old Account
    Welcome to the RP forums!

By your title I suspect maddy poked you a bit about coming here! But anyways onto your Bio for Sare. First minor thing to note is that since he was born in Sen'jin Village (based on your history) he would also know Zandali. If not that would be something interesting to note. I would also expand on the strengths and weakness section a bit, since you mention he is good with a dagger but not much of a fighter or brawler. So is he more of a poisoner? What traits of a rogue does he best exemplify, which doesn't he?

Lastly an air of mystery is a great thing for a rogue but for your history anything your character would know should be put down. People still won't know these things without having talked/befriended Sare. Expanding and defining your history really helps to flesh out a character and understand where they are coming from. Why does he hate gnome rogues? Why doesn't he trust others to have no friends. What caused him to want to travel Azeroth? You mention he doesn't like fighting the Alliance. Why not? He is part of the Darkspear tribe, did he help with killing Zalazane? What about during the war against the Lich King? During the cataclysm? You mention he loves being in Zangarmash, did he help the trolls establish villages there? did he help fighting against the Burning Legion? There are a lot of areas that you can touch upon to help make him a more well-rounded character.

So far though you are off to a great start!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nonfictionless View Post

By your title I suspect maddy poked you a bit about coming here! But anyways onto your Bio for Sare. First minor thing to note is that since he was born in Sen'jin Village (based on your history) he would also know Zandali. If not that would be something interesting to note. I would also expand on the strengths and weakness section a bit, since you mention he is good with a dagger but not much of a fighter or brawler. So is he more of a poisoner? What traits of a rogue does he best exemplify, which doesn't he?

Lastly an air of mystery is a great thing for a rogue but for your history anything your character would know should be put down. People still won't know these things without having talked/befriended Sare. Expanding and defining your history really helps to flesh out a character and understand where they are coming from. Why does he hate gnome rogues? Why doesn't he trust others to have no friends. What caused him to want to travel Azeroth? You mention he doesn't like fighting the Alliance. Why not? He is part of the Darkspear tribe, did he help with killing Zalazane? What about during the war against the Lich King? During the cataclysm? You mention he loves being in Zangarmash, did he help the trolls establish villages there? did he help fighting against the Burning Legion? There are a lot of areas that you can touch upon to help make him a more well-rounded character.

So far though you are off to a great start!
    I'll add more onto it tomorrow, it's kind of late and I'll be honest... I did half ass it a bit but there is much to add on and make much better. I have a catch, the person that does befriend Sare will be the only one he answers about his secrets and they will be edited into his history. I will add more into the history and strengths/weaknesses section to give more insight. I do appreciate the feedback, I'm sort of new and TheMadgod indirectly got me into this, he never actually asked me. He told me one day that he created a Dwarf called Duronos and I was like "dude Duronos is Tauren Shaman" and he wouldn't have any of it. I thought it also might be fun to RP a bit.
    Hey everyone

I like your your character and how mysterious he is all the unknown things around him, looking forward to RPing with u

10+ Year Old Account
    Hi and welcome!

One minor thing i have seen, as i am no expert in lore or such so correct me if i am wrong, is that Darkspear Trolls moved to Senjin Village after the events of WCIII. That is roughly 6-8 years earlier than the current time in WoW. Before that, they have been living on an island (i guess? I don't know well), so simply if he was born 31 years ago he must have born somewhere else: "...As tribal rivalries erupted throughout the former Gurubashi Empire, the Darkspear tribe found themselves driven from their homeland in Stranglethorn Vale. Having settled on the Darkspear islands, which are believed today to have been a part of the Broken Isles,..." from wowpedia.org article of Darkspear Tribe. So i believe that should be corrected. Senjin was founded much later, likely when your character was in his mid 20's:

"...Thrall and his followers managed to fend off further attacks by the Sea Witch and her murloc minions, and set sail for Kalimdor once again. Under the new leadership of Vol'jin, the Darkspear swore allegiance to Thrall's Horde and followed him to Kalimdor..."

"...Having reached and founded the orc's new homeland, Durotar, the trolls carved out another home for themselves — this time among the Echo Isles on the eastern shores of the new orc kingdom..."

"...Shortly thereafter, a witch doctor by the name of Zalazane began using dark magic to take the minds of his fellow Darkspear. As his army of mindless followers grew, Vol'jin ordered the free trolls to evacuate, and Zalazane took control of the Echo Isles. The Darkspear have since settled on the nearby shore, naming their new village after their old leader, Sen'jin..."

Here is the link to the article, it is a pretty good read and informative: http://www.wowpedia.org/Darkspear

I hope this helps. If you have troubles with the timeline, there is also a good timeline in wowpedia.org that many of us in this forums use to base our characters on. Here is a link: http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28unofficial%29

Nevertheless, an interesting character with a different personal aspect, much promising

Regards,

-Meng

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mengucekli View Post
    Hi and welcome!

One minor thing i have seen, as i am no expert in lore or such so correct me if i am wrong, is that Darkspear Trolls moved to Senjin Village after the events of WCIII. That is roughly 6-8 years earlier than the current time in WoW. Before that, they have been living on an island (i guess? I don't know well), so simply if he was born 31 years ago he must have born somewhere else: "...As tribal rivalries erupted throughout the former Gurubashi Empire, the Darkspear tribe found themselves driven from their homeland in Stranglethorn Vale. Having settled on the Darkspear islands, which are believed today to have been a part of the Broken Isles,..." from wowpedia.org article of Darkspear Tribe. So i believe that should be corrected. Senjin was founded much later, likely when your character was in his mid 20's:

"...Thrall and his followers managed to fend off further attacks by the Sea Witch and her murloc minions, and set sail for Kalimdor once again. Under the new leadership of Vol'jin, the Darkspear swore allegiance to Thrall's Horde and followed him to Kalimdor..."

"...Having reached and founded the orc's new homeland, Durotar, the trolls carved out another home for themselves — this time among the Echo Isles on the eastern shores of the new orc kingdom..."

"...Shortly thereafter, a witch doctor by the name of Zalazane began using dark magic to take the minds of his fellow Darkspear. As his army of mindless followers grew, Vol'jin ordered the free trolls to evacuate, and Zalazane took control of the Echo Isles. The Darkspear have since settled on the nearby shore, naming their new village after their old leader, Sen'jin..."

Here is the link to the article, it is a pretty good read and informative: http://www.wowpedia.org/Darkspear

I hope this helps. If you have troubles with the timeline, there is also a good timeline in wowpedia.org that many of us in this forums use to base our characters on. Here is a link: http://www.wowpedia.org/Timeline_%28unofficial%29

Nevertheless, an interesting character with a different personal aspect, much promising

Regards,

-Meng
    Well that actually helps me quite a bit. Editing in process.
    Hey everyone