Deleted

Lightning Imbued Chalice for Disc?

This might be a stupid question, but is the Lightning Imbued Chalice useful on a disc?
    Considering I find a lot of my healing coming from atonement, can I assume the stacks aren't built through spells causing atonement?

Horridons trinket seems like a no-brainer atm, and trying to figure out what to use with it as I'm not exactly mana starved (especially with Horridons trinket), I dont really want a trinket with static spirit, and the haste and mana gain proc/on use -trinkets seem less than appealing.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 11:44 AM ----------

Really, no one has any kind of opinion / facts on the matter?
    Last edited by mmoc94cac24f38; 2013-03-15 at 11:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenaru View Post
    This might be a stupid question, but is the Lightning Imbued Chalice useful on a disc?
    Considering I find a lot of my healing coming from atonement, can I assume the stacks aren't built through spells causing atonement?

Horridons trinket seems like a no-brainer atm, and trying to figure out what to use with it as I'm not exactly mana starved (especially with Horridons trinket), I dont really want a trinket with static spirit, and the haste and mana gain proc/on use -trinkets seem less than appealing.

---------- Post added 2013-03-15 at 11:44 AM ----------

Really, no one has any kind of opinion / facts on the matter?
    Just got this trinket and I can confirm that Atonement healing will build stacks.

Edit: Stacks can be built from overheals and the healing done by the proc can also crit. (I was healing myself here; for the above test I was on a target dummy)
    Last edited by meddle; 2013-03-26 at 05:46 AM. Reason: More info

If you don't have mana problems, Horridon's + Chalice seems like BiS to me.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sevyvia View Post
    If you don't have mana problems, Horridon's + Chalice seems like BiS to me.
    Totally agree on that =)

10+ Year Old Account
    The Horridon trinket isn't all it's cracked up to be, when you actually have it it's pretty "meh". I have the Heroic Thunderforged version and it's really NOT better than say Heroic Spirits of the Sun (or even 2/2 normal). It's really sketch because it "has a chance" so you might be able to get 2 stacks of it, or no procs at all.

I think we don't really have any other options when it comes to trinkets because the Inscribed Bag of Hydra-Spawn is balls with a RPPM of 1.13 and a 17 second ICD; and the Stolen Relic of Zuldazar seems pretty situational and not very good because, at most (with a Heroic version), you'd be able to get ~63k absorb (at 6 stacks) or shitty shields every 20 seconds with less than 6 stacks, it also has a RPPM of 3 but no ICD on the stacks. Maybe it would be good to save a random person that's about to die? But you'd get more absorbs with a simple PW:S. Also, a RPPM of 3 means that AT MOST you will be getting 3 procs every minute, this does not factor in rng or the game being out to get you.

I think those are great maybe if you need spirit for some reason, or if your super off spec is Holy and no other healer needs them, but right now it seems like Horridon's Last Gasp and Lightning-Imbued Chalice are the way to go.

Then again, every trinket "has a chance", but since all Throne trinkets have RPPM they're going to be all over the god damned place. Trinkets with a regular ICD will probably be proccing every time their ICD is over because healers don't just stand around and are constantly casting something. RPPM trinkets will proc whenever they please and you might get spat on with 2 procs within 10 seconds of a fight, and no procs for 2 minutes.

Deleted
    The Horridon trinket isn't all it's cracked up to be, when you actually have it it's pretty "meh". I have the Heroic Thunderforged version and it's really NOT better than say Heroic Spirits of the Sun (or even 2/2 normal). It's really sketch because it "has a chance" so you might be able to get 2 stacks of it, or no procs at all.
    It really is, according to most math:P. You are correct that it's less reliable with the lower rppm mechanic and no icd, but on average (especially the heroic thunderforged) it will surpass 2/2 hc spirits by a good margin.

Regarding BiS. I honestly think going heavier into int gemming and using two regen trinkets (horridons+spirits, shado pan or even qin-xi's) is the way to go. The chalice proc (and passive) is definitely far better than stolen relic & inscribed bag (both these trinkets are practically useless), but it still doesn't seem to compensate for the additional int gemming you could do with a second regen trinket. This may very well change with the heroic (thunderforged) version of chalice, but for obvious reasons I'm not finding any logs with that. It still annoys me a bit that the previous tiers trinkets and tier are so powerful considering that the item upgrade was removed (especially since I never got 2/2 hc spirits:P).

Deleted
    Thanks for the replies! Too bad I didn't have the dkp hoarded to get it last raid.

Quote Originally Posted by Cookie View Post
    This may very well change with the heroic (thunderforged) version of chalice, but for obvious reasons I'm not finding any logs with that
    We had it dropping last raid, the thunderforged version that is. Our Shaman got it (sigh) but I can link you logs after next reset if you wish to see some kind of proc rates?

Deleted
    We had it dropping last raid, the thunderforged version that is. Our Shaman got it (sigh) but I can link you logs after next reset if you wish to see some kind of proc rates?
    Please do. I've already looked at a log or two with the thunderforged version, and it doesn't seem to proc that much more than the normal version, but it'd still be nice with some more data^^.

Deleted
    I'll be sure to PM you next reset's logs

The chalice sucks soooooo much right now. It takes forever to build up stacks and 30-50% of its healing is overhealing.

Disc on Horridon, an almost 12 minute fight, I got a whopping 3 heals for 1.4% of healing done. Holy Paladin had 3 heals with 75% overhealing.

Granted I was playing as Holy, and I think that it actually has a better overall performance as holy over disc, but over 4 minutes only 2 heals?

And I have the thunderforged version..
    Pixl Returned! Holy Priest

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post
    The chalice sucks soooooo much right now. It takes forever to build up stacks and 30-50% of its healing is overhealing.

I had high hopes for that trinket aaaaand it's gone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazi View Post

Disc on Horridon, an almost 12 minute fight, I got a whopping 3 heals for 1.4% of healing done. Holy Paladin had 3 heals with 75% overhealing.

Granted I was playing as Holy, and I think that it actually has a better overall performance as holy over disc, but over 4 minutes only 2 heals?

There are actually 6 heals in both the first 2 logs (you left out crits), but the trinket does suck pretty bad... it's a ~3 rppm trinket, which means you should get about one heal every 2 minutes, consistent with the logs. This works out to about 1k hps before overheal (and the fact that it procs so rarely and heals for so much also makes overheal a big problem).

What you give up in return is the regen off a comparable trinket, which is around 800-900mp5 (or 160-180mps). At any type of reasonable mana conversion rate (say, 10-15hp/mana) this is a pretty bad trade.

Deleted
    Yeah indeed, after today's horrid raid I got some logs for our shamans (Fora) thunderforged Chalice, and it's really not impressive.
    1,7% on hc Jin'Rokh and 1,5% on Horridon. http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...one/?enc=kills

Such a shame, could've been a nifty trinket.
    Though I'm still guessing it's one of the better ones from the whooping choice of ToT trinkets we have...