Page 11 of 13 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    That queen calia you speak of...Didn't she die?
    God, now you gave him reason to rant...

That queen calia you speak of...Didn't she die?
    Nope, her fate has always been unknown, and in one of the comics a Forsaken Priest meets a prisoner that he addresses as something 'My majesty'.

It's been heavily hinted that she's survived, but I don't see has a place in the story now. Her air time should've been Wrath (Arthas, her brother) or Cata (Deathwing, her betroved). She's lost relevance now outside of taking back her land, which I don't see happening because the nature of MMO-ness.

Edit:

This is her possible reference -

Forsaken captive

The release of the RPG Horde Player's Guide may have shed some new light on this story. In one of many short stories, a paladin by the name of Andarin tries to infiltrate the Undercity to free prisoners. To his shame, he is quickly discovered by a fallen priest named Trevor. The undead makes him 'an offer he can't refuse': in turn for helping Andarin, Andarin must help Trevor free some of the Argent Dawn's prisoners. The paladin ponders the situation but finally agrees, together they descend into the city. After having fought some guards and abominations, the strange duo decides fighting the prison guards will not work and comes up with a plan: Andarin will distract the guards, and Trevor will free the prisoners. Knowing that he has no other choice, the paladin agrees. Trevor quickly manages to get a hold of a keyring and opens the door of a cell in which a girl was locked up. The girl recognizes the Forsaken and is shocked, but Trevor simply bows, saying "Good evening, my princess."
    Last edited by Alfryd; 2013-04-14 at 02:45 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Balthalzar View Post
    Nope, her fate has always been unknown, and in one of the comics a Forsaken Priest meets a prisoner that he addresses as something 'My majesty'.

It's been heavily hinted that she's survived, but I don't see has a place in the story now. Her air time should've been Wrath (Arthas, her brother) or Cata (Deathwing, her betroved). She's lost relevance now outside of taking back her land, which I don't see happening because the nature of MMO-ness.
    I'l call it now, she becomes Anduin's wife.

if she is alive she is a bit young than jaina, unless Anduin like milfs i don't see it happen (also anduin is a priest he cannot get married )
    Quote Originally Posted by caervek View Post
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

She's older than Arthas though, and Arthas and Varian are the same age.

That'd be kinda... weird. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    if she is alive she is a bit young than jaina, unless Anduin like milfs i don't see it happen (also anduin is a priest he cannot get married )
    So the line of kings ends there?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Balthalzar View Post
    She's older than Arthas though, and Arthas and Varian are the same age.

That'd be kinda... weird. xD
    Not at all, considering the circumstances... or at least it wouldn't be a problem in medieval Europe. In-game it might not fly, as such marriage might offend modern sensibilities.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually there was already a relationship of friendship between the Princess Calia and the Prince Varian in their youth in Lordaeron. It would not be surprising that this friendship becomes love... King Varian needs a mother for his little Anduin.

If Queen Calia appear and marries King Varian, the two main human kingdoms of Azeroth would be finally united in the same line of succession: Anduin, King of Lordaeron and Stormwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    So the line of kings ends there?
    who know now that i think about it anduin is the only teenager in game
    Obviously this issue doesn't affect me however unlike some raiders I don't see the point in taking satisfaction in this injustice, it's wrong, just because it doesn't hurt me doesn't stop it being wrong, the player base should stand together when Blizzard do stupid shit like this not laugh at the ones being victimised.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    who know now that i think about it anduin is the only teenager in game
    Along with his buddy the Black prince.

Quote Originally Posted by SodiumChloride View Post
    No reason for the Horde to trust you either. We can take care of this "internal matter" ourselves.

The whole thing is just there so Alliance players have something to raid come 5.4.
    And THIS is what stings: the raid is an internal horde issue being resolved, but the alliance has to have something to raid in 5.4, so all logic is chucked aside to shoehorn alliance intervention in there, 5.3 will probably feature heavily how Garrosh digs up something nasty in Vale of eternal blossoms (Hey, he hasn't had enough "Deus ex machina"-tricks yet!) and the alliance then responds by joining Vol'jin in his rebellion (And getting snarked at on the way), so again: the horde starts something and the alliance reacts, the alliance NEVER starts anything, we're always trying to keep up with the horde...

Along with his buddy the Black prince.
    That one is infant.

10+ Year Old Account
    The Dark Horde is not the New Horde. Zul'Jin, Stormreavers/Twilight hammer clans, Teron Gorefiend, Ner'Zhul and everyone else you counted were never even been a part of the New Horde. With exception to Putress, who nobody cared about untill Wrathgate, and now nobody cares about, and the grimtotem, who also don't care about the horde, and never been horde. Actually, in fact, they ally with the alliance in the Stonetalon Mountains. Or i can start counting Old alliance heroes and settlements that were lost/villianized and killed.
    By that logic, Tirion Fordring was an old alliance hero, you know what, now that I think of it, so was Khadgar, I could see an argument for throwing Malfurion into the "Not a part of the New Alliance" corner as well, Turalyon and Alleria? They're old Alliance heroes, so it wouldn't be ridiculous at all for them to be neutral, right?

Deleted
    I believe the main problem lies within the fact that all the neutral factions are almost entirely made of former alliance heroes ( the argentum crusade, the Cenarion circle in hyjal, formerly the Kirintor ...) And in the future if there will be a Burning Legion addon it will probably feature something on the line of an army of light, we will see either Turalyon and/or Anduin and/or Velen in that neutral faction. Which of the main-lore-horde characters on par with them would be able to pull of something like that? I can't come up with anyone. Which means the alliance will "lose" their important character to neutrality.

On a related note I see another problem with the storytelling. The horde lore appears as one connected and interrelated story as a whole while the alliance only gets tidbits of story that do not really relate to each other in the game very well. It's rather rugged in comparison. As an alliance player you don't really interact with your leaders. The horde does so all the time which makes you WANT to join the rebellion.

Jaina is blizzard's excuse not to have to concern themselves with the real factionleaders or races beside Varian and the humans. Don't get me wrong I like the story about Varian and Jaina but it's not the only alliance story worth telling. And I want especially the night elves to go against Gary in the raid. I mean, come on, Ashenvale anyone?
    And think about the Worgen and Gilneas. Blizzard still has to adress this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostnappa View Post
    I believe the main problem lies within the fact that all the neutral factions are almost entirely made of former alliance heroes ( the argentum crusade, the Cenarion circle in hyjal, formerly the Kirintor ...) And in the future if there will be a Burning Legion addon it will probably feature something on the line of an army of light, we will see either Turalyon and/or Anduin and/or Velen in that neutral faction. Which of the main-lore-horde characters on par with them would be able to pull of something like that? I can't come up with anyone. Which means the alliance will "lose" their important character to neutrality.

On a related note I see another problem with the storytelling. The horde lore appears as one connected and interrelated story as a whole while the alliance only gets tidbits of story that do not really relate to each other in the game very well. It's rather rugged in comparison. As an alliance player you don't really interact with your leaders. The horde does so all the time which makes you WANT to join the rebellion.

Jaina is blizzard's excuse not to have to concern themselves with the real factionleaders or races beside Varian and the humans. Don't get me wrong I like the story about Varian and Jaina but it's not the only alliance story worth telling. And I want especially the night elves to go against Gary in the raid. I mean, come on, Ashenvale anyone?
    And think about the Worgen and Gilneas. Blizzard still has to adress this issue.
    And the horde counterpart to alliance important figures going neutral is horde important figures going batshit crazy and becoming raid/dungeon boss; the main difference is that in lore those neutral figures are not that neutral, yes they allow the horde around but they aren't so hot about it, in game for the sake of game mechanics they are flat out neutral. The Horde's characters that have become bosses on the other hands are dead both in game and in lore.

I still question why they even bothered to add gnomes at the start. They should of just added high elves to start of the human zone.

I agree with the OP. The Alliance does need more development, I'm not a Horde player but I enjoy their characters much more. They're fleshed out, complex and morally ambiguous. From what I've seen of Tyrande in 5.2, it screams of lazy writing.

Also, does any Alliance player level to 86 via dungeons just to skip the Jade Forest quests? Sully "The Pickle" Macleary in particular is incredibly irritating. The comedy dwarf device should have ended with Gimli in tLotR.

Whoa, a wild awesome thread has appeared !

I cant agree more with OP. Alliance needs a face-lift asap.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam the Wiser View Post
    I still question why they even bothered to add gnomes at the start. They should of just added high elves to start of the human zone.
    on the contrary i still think that the big error blizzard has ever made was to put Nelfs and Forsaken into the two faction, those 2 races should have remained neutral and indipendent has they where at the end of tft, maybe using the same mechanic used for the pandarens, only small enclave joining the 2 main factions (for letting the players roll those races) but leaving the rest of the race neutral. It still make 0 sense that malfurion, tyrande and sylvanas are main faction leaders.
    Alliance core still humans+dwarfs+gnomes and Horde is orcs+taurens+trolls, note that in that scenario the political power being in the hands of Humans and Orcs make way more sense since dwarfs & gnome and Taurens&troll are just parts of their races .

10+ Year Old Account
    You forget the part where the Blood Elves did try to help the Alliance but were pretty much told "We don't need you" and were shun down so they had to join the horde.

Actually they accepted help from the Naga and when the Alliance found out, they were imprisoned AND sentenced to death for this.

THEN they joined the Horde
    Last edited by Puppy; 2013-04-15 at 09:16 AM.